Clubplanet Nightlife Community

system of a down - BOOM!

whether you're for war or against it... just watch this video... I think this is the first video i've seen any band do that made a serious politcal statement in a LONG time...

agreeing or disagreeing with them isn't the issue here... I'm just impressed and happy to see a band trying to accomplish something with their music... what do you guys think?

Video

theyr'e a great band, but yeah, that song is probably the worst on their new album...

either way, i hope they start a trend of artists getting some balls and showing what they think of the world around them... whether they agree or disagree.... just not being afraid to say it because they "don't want to piss the label off..."

not to be a dick or anything, i love their music and i don't have anything against system, but when it comes to politics, and this is only in my humble opinion, cellebrities and artists count just as much as my cats

Originally posted by stompy

not to be a dick or anything, i love their music and i don't have anything against system, but when it comes to politics, and this is only in my humble opinion, cellebrities and artists count just as much as my cats

when it comes to politics, i think artists count no more than anyone else... however, since they have a venue for speaking out to a lot of people, its a waste of such power if they don't voice what they think... and whether i agree with them or not, i commend them for getting balls and speaking...

Originally posted by joeg

when it comes to politics, i think artists count no more than anyone else... however, since they have a venue for speaking out to a lot of people, its a waste of such power if they don't voice what they think... and whether i agree with them or not, i commend them for getting balls and speaking...

on the same note them "voicing" their opinion can influence people which in turn could be contrued as an abuse of power no?

Originally posted by trancerxn112

on the same note them "voicing" their opinion can influence people which in turn could be contrued as an abuse of power no?

umm...no.

besides if you blindly agree to anything some shitty wannabe metal band has to say, then maybe you deserve to be abused. :laugh:

Originally posted by dr0ne

umm...no.

besides if you blindly agree to anything some shitty wannabe metal band has to say, then maybe you deserve to be abused. :laugh:

i see what u mean but young minds are much easier to influence then older minds. If anyone watches Bill Riley he made Pepsi drop a rapper (forgot which one) from their Ad campaigne cause he felt that by associating Pepsi with the rapper would condone the behaviors the rapper sang about.

I agree with ed...

doesn't anyone remember any of the political minded bands of the last 50 years? shit, even in recent history, U2 has done a lot...

Rage Against the Machine (R.I.P.) was very big on being vocal about problems and various unjusts in the world...

propaghandi (i doubt half the people on this board even know who they are)

etc..