Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space = Greed

illuminaughty

is there anyone else besides me on this board that thinks SPACE managment are just plain greedy . They wont tell you how much their charging for an event, when you get there its an un-godly amount of money.(especially conference) as i said on another post you can tell they use every oppurtunity they can to turn a bigger profit such as with their own line of water and energy drinks. I understand there are bills and employees to pay and ...... yes it is a business and your goal is ultimately to MAKE MONEY! ......but you dont need to RAPE the very people that have gotten you where you are today!

Guest saleen351

Miami could be considered a oligopoly...

but for late night its a pure monopoly....

hence they can fuck us over. Though this friday and sat they are back to entertaining the locals and they better have their shit in gear.. Or it could be a very long summer...

Guest saleen351

listen up kiddies..

its pure Supply and demand.

Why don't you come down in june and pay nothing for your hotel and nothing to walk into the clubs and the drinks are cheap, deals on vip, same djs still come threw, less crowded and the beach is the bomb... but you come during the wmc and exspect summer time prices and treatment... I don't understand that.. Space doesn't give a fuck about you bennys... They have a week of massive parties and they try and earn as much dough as possible.. And righly so... They gotta pay the mortgage some how...

the slow season is upon us now, things will be much difffernt next week.. pluss they know the offcial saleen review is comming, and it will be posted on many websites...lol

plus cheeslini gets 3k a night on the patio:eek:

$100 addmission...... fuck that.... Richie Hawtin was FREE. Vibe was true to the MUSIC not the glam, money, vip, etc. Support what you truely feel and love. If your going to support these clubs that are rippin u off, dont bitch about it.

Showed up at Space at 2:00 AM and got in with a friend's Space passport. Free entry!!! Deep Dish were good but I had to leave by 7:30 AM for I was tired. When we walked out the front entrance and I heard them announcing $100 to walk in I was floored! Sorry but I don't think any place on the planet is worth $100. Just out of curiousity how late did that party go? It was still packed when I left. Did anyone here on the board stay until closing?

face it...

its not their fault..its all yours.

you all have the downright stupidity to pay 100-200 for a club entrance..and 800 for a table... you should be the idiots not them...

its called economics gentlemen (and women)... do you think when jordan was a rookie..that his shoes went for 180 dollars a pop? NO! but when he got popular...his demand rose..and boom..ironically..so did the prices.

Face it...

you may get pissed and tell space they can go fuck themselves off...but all they will do is "fuck themselves off" right to the BANK :tongue:

:D i was happy with the place (went to see oakey and tiesto)...got word about some future changes about the place from Oscar G himself :D

shoutouts to all and to all a good clubbing!

I will be down in 3 weeks after they have time to further tweek/test on the guinea pigs. Hopefully, the AC issue gets worked out before I get down there. I am big baby about that.

Over time, the issues should get worked out. They always have.

Originally posted by spacecadet888

face it...

its not their fault..its all yours.

you all have the downright stupidity to pay 100-200 for a club entrance..and 800 for a table... you should be the idiots not them...

its called economics gentlemen (and women)... do you think when jordan was a rookie..that his shoes went for 180 dollars a pop? NO! but when he got popular...his demand rose..and boom..ironically..so did the prices.

Face it...

you may get pissed and tell space they can go fuck themselves off...but all they will do is "fuck themselves off" right to the BANK :tongue:

:D i was happy with the place (went to see oakey and tiesto)...got word about some future changes about the place from Oscar G himself :D

shoutouts to all and to all a good clubbing!

so youre saying charging 100$ at the door is okay mr "economics major"

sorry to say its tru...

and its mr "psych major with a minor in special ed"

and no, 100 dollars is not okay to pay to get in...but it is justified when people like yourself consider paying it to get in (not saying YOU do...its just a generalization).

:confused: how did you not get the point?

"Dazed and Confused"SpaceCadet;)

Originally posted by spacecadet888

sorry to say its tru...

and its mr "psych major with a minor in special ed"

and no, 100 dollars is not okay to pay to get in...but it is justified when people like yourself consider paying it to get in (not saying YOU do...its just a generalization).

:confused: how did you not get the point?

"Dazed and Confused"SpaceCadet;)

how did you not get "my" point leave it up to SPACE to charge 100$ on the last day of conference just to "milk it" ! they are just greedy bastards, whether people are stupid enough to pay for it

"is not the point" they want to fuck anyone any way they can

Originally posted by saleen351

listen up kiddies..

its pure Supply and demand.

Why don't you come down in june and pay nothing for your hotel and nothing to walk into the clubs and the drinks are cheap, deals on vip, same djs still come threw, less crowded and the beach is the bomb... but you come during the wmc and exspect summer time prices and treatment... I don't understand that.. Space doesn't give a fuck about you bennys... They have a week of massive parties and they try and earn as much dough as possible.. And righly so... They gotta pay the mortgage some how...

the slow season is upon us now, things will be much difffernt next week.. pluss they know the offcial saleen review is comming, and it will be posted on many websites...lol

plus cheeslini gets 3k a night on the patio:eek:

Shit, it will be posted from page on my websites.

Someone once said that there's a sucker born every minute. Space knows this. I was at Space a few times during conference, and I was amazed at the amount of people out front waving fistfuls of hundreds at the doormens' faces, in an attempt to get in faster.

LP and his team have put together a wonderful new venue, of that there is no doubt. A great sound system, a killer lighting array, and a great layout, the club does kick ass. The complaints I've seen so far have been more of the result of conference crowds than anything.

Wondering why it costs $100 to get in at 6 AM? It's conference, the venue is nearly at capacity, and they know they can charge a premium, and that the "suckers" will pay it.

Wondering why it's so crowded and the lower dancefloor is blocked off for the time being? It's conference, everyone wants to see Deep Dish, Danny Howells, etc...even the old Space got stuffed with a lineup like that. I'd take the new building though, at least the terrace has more breathing room.

Wondering why it takes 2 hours to get in? It's conference, the venue is stuffed, and the fire marshals won't allow a mad influx of people...don't you people remember the incidents in Rhode Island and Chicago a few weeks ago?

I'm sure Space will be running very smoothly this coming weekend...

Originally posted by illuminaughty

is there anyone else besides me on this board that thinks SPACE managment are just plain greedy . They wont tell you how much their charging for an event, when you get there its an un-godly amount of money.(especially conference) as i said on another post you can tell they use every oppurtunity they can to turn a bigger profit such as with their own line of water and energy drinks. I understand there are bills and employees to pay and ...... yes it is a business and your goal is ultimately to MAKE MONEY! ......but you dont need to RAPE the very people that have gotten you where you are today!

in the general scheme of things, the cover is really not as absurd is you may think. you had international DJ’s, playing in three different rooms. not to mention a discount pass, was made available until last Monday; which would have saved you money. though I previously mentioned people, having problems with the pass. personally I experienced no problems. they are business of course; they are going to take every opportunity to make a profit. wouldn’t you ?? I don’t how much clubbing; you have done in other cities. try and get in a club, in a city like New York for less then $40.00; with just the house DJ. looking at the big picture, so they jack the price up or wmc. if helps to keep the non wmc cover at $20-30.00, then we all win in the end.

:)

fuck that... ultra was half that price with the world of talent ...it lasted all day during wmc...space only had howells sasha and deep dish, not putting them down or anything. they are among my favorites. but come on $100 to enter..y pay that.. i know people have to make money but dam what a rip, ur just all kising ass to get in free and look good with the club.:laugh::idea:

ultra is an outdoor event, comparing it to a nightclub situation makes no sense. Space was open most days, through out wmc for 16 hours:blank:.which would actually make it longer then ultra .if you didn’t have the intuition, to plan a head knowing that it’s wmc. then you shouldn’t be surprised, if you pay more at the door, the day of the event. that's just common sense.

Originally posted by housemachine

fuck that... ultra was half that price with the world of talent ...it lasted all day during wmc...space only had howells sasha and deep dish, not putting them down or anything. they are among my favorites. but come on $100 to enter..y pay that.. i know people have to make money but dam what a rip, ur just all kising ass to get in free and look good with the club.:laugh::idea:

I understand completely your point ... you came to Space 34 with ten girls ... at 6 am ... and were asked to pay $1100 ...

You happened to arrive last Sunday morning to the following:

1) A venue than holds ... 3000 ... not 40000 ... any comparison with Ultra makes NO SENSE ...

2) A venue that all week had the SICKEST LINE-UP ... one can remember ... or to say it better ... a mental masturbation for any clubber ... This is DEMAND for the venue and its talent ...

3) The line-up included DJs that ALL played earlier in the week at Space 34 ... playing now the same morning ... at the Un-official WMC closing party ...

The e-flyer read:

Steve Lawler

Deep Dish

Danny Tenaglia

Sasha

Oscar G

Danny Howells

Lawler ... Tenaglia and Sasha were additions to the Bullit roster from the nite B4 ...

How much do you think they had to pay for them?

How many more people could fit in ... with the firemarshalls controlling the crowds??

You have to always set a price based on:

How much you costs are ... divide that by the amount of people you can bring in ...

That is your cost per head ...

A closing party of this quality wasn't meant to be for everyone ... costs were too high ... but most importantly ... on Sunday ... no other venue could give you the DJ's ELITE ... even if they wanted to spend the money ...

I would suggest LP to use the construction Billboards he uses on I-395 ... to warn the masses it was meant for the few who could actually pay for it ...

It is not LP's fault to bring you the SICKEST PATIO EVER ... and spend an eye for it ... :tongue::hat: