Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Lord,I've been clubbing for 22 years!

and still going strong!.ok lets see I started when I was 18 years old

Wow! What an incredible life you've had so far! And to think you're almost halfway there!

I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. You've done the family name a lot of good through your clubbing endeavors. No doubt you won the respect of tens of thousands too in the process!

Keep on going! If you can do this for another 20 years, then you should get some sort of life time achievament award.

You are 40 or so. Is this something to really be proud of? For guys like Junior and JP it's different because they are making good money and it is their career. I hope you are joking for the most part and I hope that it hasn't side tracked you from other goals in life.

Originally posted by pyrrosdimas

Wow! What an incredible life you've had so far! And to think you're almost halfway there!

I'm sure your parents are very proud of you. You've done the family name a lot of good through your clubbing endeavors. No doubt you won the respect of tens of thousands too in the process!

Keep on going! If you can do this for another 20 years, then you should get some sort of life time achievament award.

Seriously. You are 40 (or so your post implies that). Is this something to REALLY be proud of? For guys like Junior and JP it's different because they are making good money.

get off your degenerate soap box... i'd rather be going out to clubs when i'm 40 than rotting the remains of my life away in an "easy chair" watching thew 10o'clock news everynight and waiting for death to take me away from my miserable existance...

"Get busy Livin, or get busy Dieing..."

That's one thing I noticed about NYC when I first moved down here, was that there was quite a few more older people still clubbing regularly than I saw in other cities. I think it's cool, and I hope I still have it in me to get out when I'm that age if I'm still alive. I just can't see myself staying at home and playing cards or some shit with the other people in the neighborhood my age like what you see. My ex-gf's mom still comes out to the parties I DJ at even though she's in her 40s cause she really digs my music and she likes the people in the scene I play for. That's when you know clubbing is just in your blood.

Personally, I'm just 26 and I feel like I'm too old to go "nature-raving" like I used to, but I don't think the club environment will ever fade outta my life. Just something that was installed into our DNA I guess. Even though I'm making money when I'm out, I'd probably still be going out even if I wasn't. But then, maybe it's just our distaste for daylight. I dunno. I'm rambling now since I just got done DJing last night and I'm still to wired to sleep. Thank god there's CP so I can come on here and post total 'afterhours' bullshit and not feel like I'm the only one in this kinda mindstate.

Guest beenaround

SFQUEEN - Your not the blond with the flat top i have seen almost every night i have been out, especially after hours?...Whats her name?

Why is it that people have a problem with older people clubbing or going out and partying?? Are they not entitled to let their hair down and have a good time. One of my favorite things about going out in Europe is that people don't have these views that only young people should go out. Just because you are in your 30's or 40's doesn't mean that you are dead, I have a lot of respect for people that still go out when they reach that age.

Originally posted by jimk29

Why is it that people have a problem with older people clubbing or going out and partying?? Are they not entitled to let their hair down and have a good time. One of my favorite things about going out in Europe is that people don't have these views that only young people should go out. Just because you are in your 30's or 40's doesn't mean that you are dead, I have a lot of respect for people that still go out when they reach that age.

Thank You.:)

Wow, you people are making me feel young again! I was starting to feel old and i'm only 23 as of the end of april. . . My back is killin me, everyone around me at school is younger than me, I have problems sleeping (which can be good for partying all night), and a list of gripes a mile long. .. .i was scared that i was getting old before i knew it. . but you've been at it for as long as i'm alive. Thats stamina. . not only that, but i dont feel old any more.:eek:

Originally posted by jimk29

Amen! I'm 27 & have been clubbing for 11 years......