Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How is Club Dream?

joe81

dream sux.

but what type of scene are you into? what places do youlike to go out in NY? to give us a better idea where you would probably like to go in DC.

dream as a club is nice. 4 floors but its mostly for the "seen and be seen" type of crowd. different music on each floor. hip-hop, salsa, epic trance, top 40 and sometimes they even have buffet's and shit when there is a championship boxing thingy, so then you have to deal with chicken wings on the dance floor :worry: sketchy if you ask me. :D

but dunno, if you can tell us what places or scene you like in NY (Arc, SF, Exit, Cheetah Lounge :worry: ) we'll probably be better able to give you some good reccomendations.

:)

In nY my venues are the Float, Guastavino's, Distcotheque type places. The medium size night club with a good vibe. Old school Cheetah is a good example as well. I don't know if that helped at all, but maybe the description can. Not to big, not too small, apealing to the eye, drinking crowd, with decent music (classic type). Thanks for the help!

ill go on record and say dream is a sh*thole. managment sucks plain and simple. the crowd is the most wannabe crowd ive ever seen. the club itself is massive and annoyingly crowded. altho masouds party at home is allright.

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

my recommendation would be to stay in nyc.

Believe it or not, New York is not doing well at all right now. The new mayor (Michael Bloomberg) has really put a burden on the night life. We now have the smoking ban in effect, among other constant police interuptions. The largest venues (Exit and Sound Factory) have both been temporarily closed and re-opened over the past few weeks. Not too mention the current state of the economy, the night life that was once led by the young professional is now none existent due to massive amounts of layoffs. I am one of the lucky ones that has not been laid of yet. Anyhow, just give me some lounge details too. Thank You! (you're help is very appreciated).

Originally posted by joe81

Believe it or not, New York is not doing well at all right now. The new mayor (Michael Bloomberg) has really put a burden on the night life. We now have the smoking ban in effect, among other constant police interuptions. The largest venues (Exit and Sound Factory) have both been temporarily closed and re-opened over the past few weeks. Not too mention the current state of the economy, the night life that was once led by the young professional is now none existent due to massive amounts of layoffs.

take how bad things have gotten in nyc, make it 10 times worse and you've got DC.

enjoy your visit :)

Hey!!! You all forgot Buster's new thingie on Thursdays and Modern...

Those and or 18th St. Lounge and Blue Room would probably be your best bet.

Adams Morgan and Georgetown along with the 18th St. scene

Leave it to the New Yorker to give out the info.... :tongue:

Originally posted by Sapexec

FYI, look for the walk through airport metal detectors when you walk in.

damn, I forgot they had those! :laugh: The Roxy in NYC is the same way.

The venue itself I think is really nice. Its just in an out of the way, really shitty neighborhood. The crowd is horrible IMHO. Everyone looks like they are rejects for some sort of euro-trash armani exchange fashion show. I've only been there twice and spent all my time on the 2nd level. The sound system needs some tweaking. I believe its an avalon but they have it turned up WAY too loud. I had to stuff napkins in my ears because I thought they were going to start bleeding! I saw Dave Seaman & Sean Cusick there and neither of them brought their A-game. Sidenote: Yes, surprisingly Dave Seaman actually showed up for a gig! Wow! :rolleyes:

From what I remember of Dream:

1st level - hip hop

2nd level - trance/edm

3rd level - salsa/"international"

4th level - VIP