Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how is MIRAGE on SATURDAY NIGHTS.......................

so saturday is for the "BIG BOYS" huh..............hey MUH bad i forgot im just a little terd looking for a piece of azz to crawl up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explain to me what you mean by the "BIG BOYZ" my friends go almost every saturday, so i guess i role w/ "BIG BOYZ" HUH??????????????????????????

are all you humps kidding me.............?????????????? i feel like im dealing with a buncha bi polar, glue sniffin, clubrats.............!!!!!!!

can someone give me some type of decent review on MIRAGE IN LI on saturday nights?????????????

i dont care bout, wednesday or thursday!!!!!!!!!! i have a bridge tournaments and on line madden tourneys those nights.............

SO HOLLAAAAAAA AT ME ON SATURDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hows OJEDA????

hows the set up???

the crowd????

the bitches, are they TOYT?????

dudes????, HUMPS, IMMAGRANTS, wasup?????????

cover???

drinks?????

and can someone define "BIG BOYS" for me!!!!!!! im dying to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright ill im gonna give u the straight dope and Un-biased opinon here...

this is my old thread: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144416&highlight=mirage

p.s. i had never heard Ojeda spin before until that night....and despite what all the haters say....he fuckin threw down cozy tracks and that whole fuckin dance floor was moving. So what if some were cheesy..it totally fit the crowd and the vibe.

its more of a pick-up joint than a club if u can muster up some balls and kick yer game.

But bottom line is that..if u intend on doing a b-day party there..u better plan way ahead cause its chaotic getting in through the front door...but then again....i have never entered through the front door. :D

teknojunkee: hell yes hahah its for the big boys

hows OJEDA????

hows the set up???

the crowd????

the bitches, are they TOYT?????

dudes????, HUMPS, IMMAGRANTS, wasup?????????

cover???

drinks?????

and can someone define "BIG BOYS" for me!!!!!!! im dying to know!!!!!!

Ojeda Has to play garbage

Set-up is pretty hot.

Crowd...well...slammin older Women which make them TOYT? whatever that means

Dudes...never checked them out, i dont roll like that

Cover...ha

Drinks are good

Big Boys? Most of the guys in that place on a saturday are 30+ thats the BIG BOYS.

If your gonna go lemme know...ill be there, ill set you up with my guy at the door, take care of him and he'll take care of you.

Okay here it goes...

Mirage is a good LI club on a Saturday night.

The age for guys is 25 to keep the kids out and get a classier, older crowd that spends more money. (smart for business). So NO jeans for guys and I wouldnt chance khaki's either.

Wednesdays they are less strict but the crowd is much younger

and the place clears out earlier.

They advertise ktu/top 40 therefore you know what type of music you will get...commercial as most LI clubs are. However towards the end of the night Ojeda starts to play the good stuff.

On Saturdays the music rotates between house and classics, wednesdays house and hip hop.

Its a typical LI crowd...however many people come from queens, staten island, etc. Just because its on LI doesnt mean the crowd is all from LI. The cover I believe is about $15 (dont quote me).

Its obvious its not a place like Exit/Factory, and Its obvious its not a lounge like B'lo or Suede.

Its fun with a bunch of friends...besides your night is what you make of it!

:)

Hope that helped a bit.

MIRGAGE IS NOT 25 ON SATURDAY, YOU CAN GET IN IF YOU 21!

hows OJEDA???? PLAYS ALL THE MAINSTREAM BEATS, THROUGH THE RAIN, DARK BEAT, REINA, WHITNEY

hows the set up??? BIG DANCE FLOOR IN THE MIDDLE, A LITTLE SMALLER THEN EXIT'S MAIN FLOOR WITHOUT THE STAGE.(SORRY FOR USING THE "E WORD). TWO LONG BARS ON THE SIDE AND A BACK BAR.

the crowd???? GIRLS...HOTTTTTT, NO KICKS OR JEANS ON SAT. WED AND HAPPY HOUR FRIDAY YES. THEY ALSO HAVE THURSDAY WHICH I A 30+ CLASSICS MUSIC CROWD, AGAIN YOU CAN GET IN IF YOUR 21

the bitches, are they HOT????? VERY

dudes????, HUMPS, IMMAGRANTS, wasup????????? GUYS ARE CHILL, FRIENDLY, NOT TO MEATHEADISH, YOU HAVE SOME FACTORY HEADS BUT THEY BLEND IN BETTER BECUASE EVERYONE IS DRESSED UP

cover???$15 ON SAT, FREE BEFORE 8 AND HALF PRICED DRINKS TILL 8, $10 AFTER THAT. $15 ON wED.

drinks????? NOT SURE, FRIEND HOOKS IT UP, SIMILAR TO CITY PRICES.

MIRAGE IS NOT 25 ON SATURDAY, YOU CAN GET IN IF YOU 21!

the age is set at 25,thats what they promote. however they dont always stick by it. Depends on how u r dressed, if you are with too many guys, and probably how much you grease the bouncer... not everyone is going to be 25, but they want to keep it older.

runway....honestly, what do you think your a dancer for Mirage or something???:D

They do try and keep it old, but after taking off my white sneakers and putting on shoes for JEFF at Cyberia they don't mind some young faces like myself and my team.

Teck: whos your guy at the door, Jeff or Steve?

The VIP line was 1 hour wait on Saturday, It was nuts.

quoth: agree; its more of a pick-up joint than a club if u can muster up some balls and kick yer game.

My advice to any guy, go on a Friday night. You will be the youngest there, the only one who can dance and you will have to put up with terrible freestyle and oldies from 7-9pm but the older women love it. You are gaurenteed a nice 27-30 year old.:D

Wednesday night is what a call "as close to a factory crowd as your going to get on LI night" When i say that I mean Moody play the JP version of "No ones gonna chnage you" instead of the Radio cut,lol. And the girls are hottest on wednesday. Wednesday is the only night I have seen one to many water bottles.;)

You want older women Friday before 8. You want the blonde hair, fake chest, gucci wearing, Neptunes(Getting everyone ready) girls, go Wednesday and if you want a little of both go Saturday.

Find me at the back bar we'll do a shot.

hey thanks for the info fools......................birthday preperations are still up in the air.......................

i def heard the place is pretty HOT and they got all the TASTY BITCHES UP IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill e-mail you guys if im headed over there, i may wanna check it out with some of MY BIG BOYZ and see what the DEAL IS!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Originally posted by roddigga

hey thanks for the info fools......................birthday preperations are still up in the air.......................

i def heard the place is pretty HOT and they got all the TASTY BITCHES UP IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill e-mail you guys if im headed over there, i may wanna check it out with some of MY BIG BOYZ and see what the DEAL IS!!!!!!!!!

thanks

u better come get me if u go mister:tongue:

Originally posted by Reeni

u better come get me if u go mister:tongue:

hey reeni, missed ya on friday...........

its my burfday this sunday april 13th!!!!!!!!!!! my friends from home go to MIRAGE alot on saturdayz and they wanted to do my party there.........we were gonna get a hotel and stay right there.............

doesnt look like its gonna happen, we may just hit up deko and stay in jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then hit up DEEP DISH AFTAH

Bottom line on Mirage - if you are good looking and can move on the dance floor... you'll get plenty of girls coming up to you. I've been there around four times in the past six months and am amazed at the number of guys that can't move to save their lives... :rolleyes:

I'm making a public apology to Jason.

My emotions got in the way because of my feeling towards the owner (for reasons we wont go into)

Jason,

Yes, I deserved that email. BUT in no way was it a disrespect to you IN ANY WAY. If you want to question my respect for you, go call Russ and he can tell you about our conversations about how we think you DON"T get more of the respect you deserve. Jason (without coming across as a kiss-ass) you are honestly one of the DJ's in this scene that I have the utmost respect for. I have NEVER heard a single bad set from you. Granted I'm not always a fan of what you *have* to play at Mirage, but it is still the highest quality music you will find anywhere on LI, and for many other areas also. That is something I've already discussed with you. What you do, you do with the utmost professionalism. Cyberia, CPI and when I caught you at Exit, nothing short of what I have come to expect from you over the years....going back to Cheetah days.

I am wrong for bringing any sort of music-related issues into this when my issue is completely different.

I am sorry for the short-sightedness on my part by letting emotions get in the way of realizing what I was saying would directly affect you.

- Peter

Screw that ill say it...

Jason@CPI = SICK!!! Thats why i used to go there last summer even when we were the only 10 people in the place, to listen to him.

Jason@Cyberia = Awesome, always kept us movin.

Jason@Mirage =.... no comment. I guess you gotta play what the crowd wants, thats why im not part of that crowd.