Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Holla Pro finds a new home @ AXIS / FRIDAYS

normluv

This Friday night come celebrate with HollaProductions at our new home; AXIS. Axis will be all HipHop in the main room downstairs with access to Avalon, Embassy & Modern...

This is an 18+ event and dress is casual; no TIMS or HATS

**Remember to check out Boston's Hottest Thursday night @ Exchange with DJBruno Productions @ HollaProductions with DJ Chaos & Illabash.

Axis had more people in it than Avalon last Friday.... and they were having a fucking party in that joint.

Ghetto as all hell though. Some dude doing a shady job MCing, lots of really out of shape, pasty white chicks being molested by shady dudes.

As much as it pains me to see hip hop do so well in Axis, I really can't complain. I'd much rather see that than see underground dance music gain mainstream popularity.

If I had to spend my Friday nights with the people who were in Axis last week, I'd shoot myself. :blown:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Axis had more people in it than Avalon last Friday.... and they were having a fucking party in that joint.

Ghetto as all hell though. Some dude doing a shady job MCing, lots of really out of shape, pasty white chicks being molested by shady dudes.

As much as it pains me to see hip hop do so well in Axis, I really can't complain. I'd much rather see that than see underground dance music gain mainstream popularity.

If I had to spend my Friday nights with the people who were in Axis last week, I'd shoot myself. :blown:

u were at avalon last week??????

refer to above post. am i reading this wrong, seems like u were there?

Almost every club you can possibly go to in DC is hip hop. I would think this would saturate the market and die out but alas... people seem to love it.

We've lost quite a few "EDM" nights to hip hop. There are a few clubs that try to do the multi-level thing, you know.. 1st level hip hop, 2nd level edm, 3rd level salsa (wtf?) but that doesn't work either.

Ugh, such a sad state we are in :(

Even sadder is the fact that Avalon has basically sold out all their loyal patrons who frequented Friday's at Avalon/Axis. Did they think we didn't spend enough money there? I really am upset by this, we have NO good clubbing nights with international talent now. All I have to ask is WHY??:( And another thing, not that I have anything against people who listen to Hip Hop but some of the clientel that they bring in aren't the type of crowd that I would hang with, like you say NY shady.

It's unfortunate yes, however...

If you had to pay the bills what would you do..??

Would you go out of business and declare Chapter 11 to "keep it real"..??

Face the facts (which suck), Dance music is in an extreme lull at the moment. It may never be like it was, it may be bigger who knows...

Originally posted by prplhz

Even sadder is the fact that Avalon has basically sold out all their loyal patrons who frequented Friday's at Avalon/Axis. Did they think we didn't spend enough money there? I really am upset by this, we have NO good clubbing nights with international talent now. All I have to ask is WHY??:( And another thing, not that I have anything against people who listen to Hip Hop but some of the clientel that they bring in aren't the type of crowd that I would hang with, like you say NY shady.

maybe EDM artists (im officially stealing that) should start shooting videos... the bigger guys can flaunt the 25,000 they'd get for a gig...

then the sheep would follow that routine?

my friends that are bartenders HATE the RAP crowd. (its not hiphop!!!!)

theres a big difference between the colligiate people that listen to rap...

and the bling'in crowd that rolls at say a room like trio or even aria. where celtics & patriots toss around $$$

(and thats what owners expect by starting rap nights)

axis is not a BLING room.

its a box with a killer sound system... designed for 1 thing. dance music.

I Love good hiphop. But I gave up after 96 or so.

sad thing is, some of the BEST hiphop is in boston.... too bad its not put on display.

rather, we have to listen to the COMMERCIAL, TOP 40 BILLBOARD rap.

Trust me, this HipHop night is not going to be like most. If any of u have been to my parties u know that there is always an abundance of good looking women & not a thug party.

If any of you would like guest list feel free to drop me a line