Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Important Announcement From Paul van Dyk & Made Events

Special Announcement:

Made presents Paul van Dyk at The Roxy, Friday, April 18th, 2003

Due to strict capacity limitations and increased security for the April 18 show, event costs had to be recalculated, which resulted in a higher advertised ticket price. Paul was uncomfortable with the higher price, so in a joint effort with Made, the price was lowered to $40. To make it easier, you no longer need the promo code. Simply log on to www.ticketweb.com to take advantage of this special offer or click here!

Paul van Dyk and Made

it sounds like bullshit to me

pvd dident agree with high ticket prices since the last time

i think made events sold them for 50$ for the past few weeks even tho they knew pvd dont like it just to skeme

made is such skumbags

in atlanta the promoters charge 15$ to see tiesto

and when he comes to town made is goin to charge atleast 40$ to see him

no wonder why the scene is goin to shit all these promoters care about is $$$ case closed

You got it wrong! If the DJ's didn't charge the promoter so much fucking money than the ticket prices will go down. What do you think PVD gets payed when he comes to New York? I can tell you this, he makes more than what most people make in a year just for doing one show. The DJ's are killing the scene! NOT THE PROMOTERS!!!

Originally posted by craigharris

You got it wrong! If the DJ's didn't charge the promoter so much fucking money than the ticket prices will go down. What do you think PVD gets payed when he comes to New York? I can tell you this, he makes more than what most people make in a year just for doing one show. The DJ's are killing the scene! NOT THE PROMOTERS!!!

100% True!

yes in a way that is true, i mean if the DJs wouldnt charge so much to spin , I mean hey u say u love the scene and all , but if u want people to come see you spin start charging less to spin for a couple hours, then ticket prices wouldnt be so much money

PVD gets paid enough i mean , for him to take a little less money so people would come show up its a different story> but the fact that its so much money a lot of people wouldnt show up. The people that do go are the ones that like him the most. which is not totally true, some people cant afford it which is very understandable, I HATE FUCKING PROMOTERS that just play games,

Not true cuz in other cities he is much cheaper. So that means its the promoters. Wut he charges different for different cities? LOL

I'm sure the venue itself also has some influence in the way prices are determined. Yea PvD makes a lot for each gig, but I'm sure it doesn't warrant the prices Made has put up. I'm guessing that they're just acting on the high demand in NYC for PvD cause they know people are willing to fork it out regardless.....

true statement, Fuck MADE events, it was sooooo much better when it was Sexy @ the RoXy, when the promoters were the shit and didnt charge mad dough, Its still a good night no matter what, but i mean cmon fucking 50$ is a lot of money to just go to a club plus not even talking about that drinks are like $1,220,396,920 Just for a fucking sip of a drink (LOL) that shit is out of control already with these people

Originally posted by bigsteve8

I still think I'm gonna go see him. . .I haven't seen PvD in about 2 years, I NEED some good fucking music right now. . . I've never been to Roxy, any advice on when to aim to get there?

Well bro i mean , last time PVD @ Roxy was smashed and they shut the club down , that was also due to the fact of that tragedy that happened in RI with all those people that died due to some fire or some shit and people couldnt get out in time cause it was over packed or whatever..., So i mean that shit is differnet now, i mean i would go early and just try to get in as early as possible so u are guarenteed to get in. and just chill inside for a lil bit and get drunk i guess. hey its better then waiting outside at like 1:00 wanting to get in but have to wait a HUGE line and not guarenteed to get in.. Your Choice, thats just my opinion

Originally posted by merllen

This ia all crap because i saw PVD at arc for 10 bucks in october. He has control on what he is charging and so do the promoters. It both of them not just one or the other

hell yeah bro, i went there for that shit for 10$ HELL YEAH i would be there i mean, fuck that i missed him at the arc the night before if i remember and said i am going to arc too see him play on a SICK SICk sound system

well ppl should deff go there early....i m goin to be there EXTRA early due to the fact that the line is goin to be around the freakin west side again...but anyways, i dont really care paying 40 bucks to see pvd coz i like his music and i have fun thats all it matters....ppl pay 65 bucks for oakenfold @ exit think about that, i surely didnt haha... another thing,, the reason why pvd @ arc was only 10 bucks coz that was for charity:)

Originally posted by sweetfun

I think people in NY need to stop following the big name DJs and all the hype. NYers need to realize they have great talent here in NY and go out and support local DJs who don't demand over priced fees + cost of flight and hotel.

True, i mean , hey listen its not about people follow big name Djs, they just know there is gonna be great music and the crowd is going to be people that enjoy the same music that they do

Shit i am a DJ myself and listen if u guys wanna come support local NY djs shit helps me a lot

Originally posted by bigsteve8

I still think I'm gonna go see him. . .I haven't seen PvD in about 2 years, I NEED some good fucking music right now. . . I've never been to Roxy, any advice on when to aim to get there?

they're going to have a seperate line for the hard ticket holders.

you might want to buy ticket in advance.

;)