Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: Thomas Penton :: May 3 :: Cleveland

Mexico vote protests cripple capital

Wed Aug 2, 2006 12:38am ET

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Street protests led by the leftist candidate in Mexico's presidential election plunged the capital into chaos for a second day on Tuesday, raising fears of a long and increasingly nasty fight over vote fraud claims.

The mass demonstrations called by Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador to protest alleged vote-rigging in his close defeat by conservative rival Felipe Calderon have turned Mexico City's swanky business district into a sprawling campsite.

On Tuesday evening the leftist asked supporters to remain peaceful but keep the protest camps going.

"We are not here because we want to be, it's because we need to be, because we want there to be democracy," he said in the Zocalo square, where hundreds were camped out.

Happy Hump Day ya'll! :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

So this message was at the top of the clubplanet website for me this morning:

[sniff.] tinybutterfli, you never call. You never write. Is it me? Is there someone else? According to our records, you haven't posted in several weeks. Please post. Please call. I miss you

:laugh:

thomar rootse for the most hatefull teams out there. Man U, Duke University basketball - the kid needs better tastes . . . we could say a similar thing about his tastes in music as well!

Fuck Man U...... Chelsea all the way baby !!

who goes for Duke when NC is a better team :lol

still love you thomar ....

• 2 weeks later...