Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Field Day Fest: Radiohead, Beastie Boys, Underworld...

Field Day Quick Facts:

What: Field Day - A two-day music, arts and camping festival

When: June 7th and 8th

Where: Enterprise Park at Calverton

Calverton, NY

70 Miles East of New York City on the North

Fork of Long Island

Riverhead, Long Island

June 7

Radiohead

Beck

Underworld

Spiritualized

Thievery Corporation

Beth Orton

Dashboard Confessional

Interpol

Rokysopp

Liz Phair

Tortoise

Thursday

The Raveonettes

Ben Lee

My Mornign Jacket

Gemma Hayes

22-20s

June 8

Beastie Boys

Sigur Ros

The Roots

Blur

The Streets

Elliot Smith

N.E.R.D.

Peanut Butter Wolf

Blackalicious

Le Tigre

The Music

The Polyphonic Spree

Luna

The Sea and Cake

Particle

Ours

Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players

On Sale: Friday, April 18 at 10:00AM. Tickets available at www.fielddayfest.com and via Ticketmaster - 212-317-7171, 631-888-9000, 201-507-8900, www.ticketmaster.com and at all

Ticketmaster outlets.

Tickets: There are three different ticket types: Single Day ticket, 2-Day pass, and 2-Day pass with camping. Single Day tickets start at $65 per day (plus applicable service charges)until May 1, or while supplies last. Discounts apply for a 2-Day pass. A camping fee is added to the price of the 2-Day pass.

Info: All information, including tickets, directions, art expo, food, drinks, camping, etc. at www.fielddayfest.com -- Launching Monday, April 14th.

Further Field Day Details:

There are three different ticket types:

* Single Day Ticket - Can be purchased for Saturday, June 7th or Sunday, June 8th. Parking lot for day purchases will open at 8am on the day for which you've purchased. Do not come earlier, you won't get in.

* Two-Day Pass - Ideal for those staying offsite in a hotel or for those of you within easy driving distance. Parking lots open each morning at 8am. Two-Day pass offers a $10 discount from the price of two Single Day tickets.

* Two-Day Pass with Camping - Allows you to camp on Saturday and Sunday night. Price for camping is $30.

Ticket prices will increase as the date of the event nears. There is a limited supply of tickets in each price range. Once the allocation in each price range has sold out, ticket prices will automatically increase to the next price level. Field Day may sell out. Don't be left out in the cold - buy early!

Single Ticket Two day pass Two-Day with Camping

April 18 - April 30*

$65.00 $120.00 $150.00

May 1 - May 31*

$75.00 $140.00 $170.00

June 1 - June 8*

$85.00 $160.00 $190.00

* or until supplies last

Seating:

The concert is general admission - there is no seating.

HOTELS

For those of you who prefer not to camp, but are coming for the weekend, we have listed on our site (www.fielddayfest.com) some of the hotels that are within a half an hour to 45-minute radius of the Field Day site. You can also check out other hotels with the Long Island Visitors Bureau at www.licvb.com

We strongly urge you to book your rooms early, as they will fill up quickly!

is this the same spot creamfields was going to be at?? is this spot owned by the county or city of riverhead?? how late are they allowed to go till?? if anyone's got a website or info on the venue, or even directions, please let me know. i'd like to check this spot out even before the june 8th date. btw, this event looks great. i'm going to see radiohead, beastie boys, roots, beck and of course NERD. :D

I live 2 miles from the site of this concert!

Its on the old Grumman Aerospace Grounds and was property of the United States Navy, The property is now owned by the town of Riverhead

This is were they were going to have Creamfields in 2001

the g/f and I are def. going.. about fuckin time we got more festivals in NY.. the brits have it too good over there! :P we're only doing Saturday though.. the sunday line-up looks lame and we mostly want to see interpol/radiohead

This is going to be amazing!

Did you read about group camps? Lets set up a Clubplanet group camp area... Maybe a generator, some turntables, all the CP people hanging out...

----

Group Camps

What is this? This is our challenge to you: the place where you get to make Field Day your own event, show off your creativity, have fun with old friends and make new friends! We invite you to get creative and actively participate in contributing to what Field Day is to become. Create your own ambience or visual landscape; provide an activity or your own communal space for others to enjoy. This can be as simple or complex as you want it to be, you are only limited by your imagination!

To reserve a space for your Group Camp, you must first purchase tickets. Then, please email us at groupcamps@fielddayfest.com and tell us more: What are the dimensions of your camp? What are you planning to do? Will you be hosting activities? Do you prefer quiet surroundings or want to be in the thick of it? Etc….

Originally posted by tim58

w00t i got mine.. but they really fuck you with those stupid fees..

65$ for saturday only but comes out to 80$ after all the extra shit :/

But i thought tixx only go on sale tomorrow :confused:

But either way, i'll be there :cool:

Originally posted by tastyt

:jawdrop:

WOAH

Anybody know if this place is easily accessible from the train?

LIRR Riverhead station would be the closest. I read somewhere about them working on shuttle busses. Keep posted to fielddayfest.com for info.