Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jay - Z ..opinions??

ghhhhhost

IMO he's def one of the best... He def slipped for a lil, but whateva he still can rhyme with the best of them... Some people forget what these people rap for... Dollars... So he makes some songs hip-hop heads dont like but it's what makes him go Platnium... It's what made him 2nd most paid rappers in 2002... I agree to a degree that you should never sell your soul for dollars but then again "us" as people dont count the money he counts at the end of the day... Nas tried to do what he did with his Geniune song and he didn't go anywhere with it so then he says Jigga sold his sole for money, fuck that so did he but the suburban kids didnt get his album... All in all when Jay wants to rhyme he can rhyme and if you don't think so your retarded... Do you think BIG the one that all you and rap society loves would speak so highly of him when he was alive if he wasnt raw... Lemme guess now people are gunna say he changed his flow up he was raw back then... My answer to you his pick up his freestyles he just did on a lot mixtapes and if you dont think he still raw then I give up... He is not one of Brooklyn's Finest!!!

He is a fraction of what he once was , his new shit is so pop , he's living off his past conquests. He can walk around like he is the man now , but thats just because he is a pop star not a rapper. Infact his entire posse is preety weak but there living off his reputation. Thank god nas destroyed him otherwise who knows how big is already overinflated ego would be.

Originally posted by origskeemr

IMO he's def one of the best... He def slipped for a lil, but whateva he still can rhyme with the best of them... Some people forget what these people rap for... Dollars... So he makes some songs hip-hop heads dont like but it's what makes him go Platnium... It's what made him 2nd most paid rappers in 2002... I agree to a degree that you should never sell your soul for dollars but then again "us" as people dont count the money he counts at the end of the day... Nas tried to do what he did with his Geniune song and he didn't go anywhere with it so then he says Jigga sold his sole for money, fuck that so did he but the suburban kids didnt get his album... All in all when Jay wants to rhyme he can rhyme and if you don't think so your retarded... Do you think BIG the one that all you and rap society loves would speak so highly of him when he was alive if he wasnt raw... Lemme guess now people are gunna say he changed his flow up he was raw back then... My answer to you his pick up his freestyles he just did on a lot mixtapes and if you dont think he still raw then I give up... He is not one of Brooklyn's Finest!!!

are you talking about "you owe me"?? if you are, you can't really consider that an attempt at selling out by nas. this was never even released as a single, just a song grabbed by hot 97 which they decided to start playing. they do this all the time. if you listen long enough, you'll hear entire albums on the radio. he never even bothered to make a video for this, and if he did, i def don't remember it. that all with the fact it was on his nastradamus album, which almost anyone will tell you is his worst album ever. obvisously hes bounced back with good stuff like stillmatic, god's son and lost tapes.

Originally posted by barslut

He is a fraction of what he once was , his new shit is so pop , he's living off his past conquests. He can walk around like he is the man now , but thats just because he is a pop star not a rapper. Infact his entire posse is preety weak but there living off his reputation. Thank god nas destroyed him otherwise who knows how big is already overinflated ego would be.

:aright:

i give jay props for what hes done...not whats hes doing

his new freestyles are good ..allot of prospect..but its gonna take more than that to climb out the grave

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

are you talking about "you owe me"?? if you are, you can't really consider that an attempt at selling out by nas. this was never even released as a single, just a song grabbed by hot 97 which they decided to start playing. they do this all the time. if you listen long enough, you'll hear entire albums on the radio. he never even bothered to make a video for this, and if he did, i def don't remember it. that all with the fact it was on his nastradamus album, which almost anyone will tell you is his worst album ever. obvisously hes bounced back with good stuff like stillmatic, god's son and lost tapes.

nah, I don't think we are talking about the same song... Cause he did release a video and it was def an attempt to push more record sales... I'm not sayin makin a "pop" record is what I wanna hear from Jay, but I am sayin that they are in it for the money. Em, Jada, and 50 are some of the other few that also do it. It's a smart way to promote the album to the other side of people that do not normally tune to hot97 or BET so they get some play on Z100 and TRL. If it is a popular song then it is going to be labled as "pop" there is really nuttin you can do about it as an artist, except be happy that your gunna push a lot of units. I dunno what else to say except that Jay is raw when you push him or keep him on his toes I think he prove a lot wrong.

back to the Nas thing, in all honesty I don't think Nas stepped up that much. Don't get me wrong he's def a lot better than his past albums after 'It Was Written,' but I didn't think his album was banana's or anything. A couple of banger's but the that's it IMO. I dunno I am not gunna sit her and argue with everyone on who is better or who fell off, what it all comes down to is a matter of opinion. I like Jay's cocky/slow flow, maybe that's just me. :confused:

Originally posted by barslut

im going to retract my above statement , his albums are sub par but his most recent freestyles are really really good , maybe his black album will be his return to real rap

which one's did you hear out of curiousity... cause I have a couple which I am gunna send to finones and if you dont have them I want you to hear them and see what you guys think...

I hope he comes out with bangers on his Blackout album because he's got a lot to prove and he has to know it with all the shit is sayin on these freestyles... I guess we have to wait and see

i never really liked him outside of friend or foe and the first albulm there wasnt much there... i hate the way he looks, i hate the way he sounds... i hate the way misprounces everything he brags about... mofo if youre going to brag about what you own and what youre buying at least know what it is... dumb fucker...