Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD @ RoXy Review

WoW!, I just got home from RoXy, yet again a SICK SICK night. We arrived at around 12:00 early just incase it was going to be a problem to get in.. Chillin chillin drinking, get retarded till around 2:45 PVD starts ripping the shit. People going nuts... Trancy Then BANGING BEATS.. Played "Nothing but you" about 3 times different remixes.. Just some ridiculous tracks.. 2. Smoking wasnt a go over there in the beginning. they had a lil area to smoke in, that shit got Shutdown for a bit till people just started smoking everywhere no matter what, that shit was funny. I felt like was doing something SOO wrong , like i was burning a joint or something. people coming up to you, LEMME HIT THAT SHIT!! , gotta be DL with those cigs LOL

anyway GREAT NIGHT, People who didnt show, i appoligize for your loss...

Joe D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad it wasn't just me and the group of kids I was with that left pissed off cause we spent $40 for last night. Dropped some bangers, mixed in with some tracks that made me cringe. Robert Miles - Children into Trippin'. Uh, WTF! Left as soon as he dropped Dark Beat. I assume he closed it out with some anthems. I just had no interest in waiting it out til close though. Highlight was def Marco V's del.mp3 track. After hearing that one I thought we'd be in for one hell of a night. Couldn't be more wrong.

Originally posted by Ronin

very boring set. Definitely dissapointed:(

I saw PVD in Mimai at Space and felt the same thing bro.. I am also very shocked that he played that garbage DARKBEAT remix like he did in MIAMI.. I though he did that because Osacr G is the resident but if he played last night=CHEESE ...

Coming from a person who loved PVD he is so disapointing shame..

from what i hear its good i didnt go last night, wouldv ebeen dissapointed and couldve lost some of that love i got for PVD

trippin? children?

damn whats up with that? maybe he was just trying to cater to a crowd he though wanted mainstream old shit. his set at Arc last year was awesome, and i havent heard him live since though.

oh well, we gotta get it to PVD what we wanna hear over here.

why do people think it was that bad, he played some banging trance man, so he played a few darker shit , whats the big deal man, u have to change it up a lil , man

I am not a SUPER huge fan of PVD , but i enjoyed his set, it flowed well

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

first steve lawler....now PVD!!...this DarkBeat shit has got to end....

im dissapointed to hear PVD sucked monkey nuts...but the cats that went to vinyl on that Monday gota remember HE WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE AS GOOD!

that monday was awesome the whole going on a monday, and having work the next day, and linin up around the corner, and i met some mad cool peeps inside that night

eh, he gotta do that again the music was ridiculous that night. and when sasha came to vinyl he was also much better than he was at Roxy. vinyl jsut bings out the best in djs i guess. kinda like a place i remember used to do not too long ago....

It was packed , but it wasnt what i thought it was gonna be, I thought u wouldnt be able to move, but it was actually confortable, people starting to leave around 6:00ish so it started to clear up which was cool, that way u can flip out on the dance floor without worrying about knocking people down and what not

Originally posted by biatchzxz

why do people think it was that bad, he played some banging trance man, so he played a few darker shit , whats the big deal man, u have to change it up a lil , man

I am not a SUPER huge fan of PVD , but i enjoyed his set, it flowed well

hell yeah.......it wasn't as bad....actually the rollercoaster is what makes it ........I kept going no matter what.........must have lost like 50000 calories :) :)

but.......it trully was an expensive night.........:mad:

i expected a lot more trance...the highlight of my night was ACTUALLY children...im sick of this hard shit...bryan zentz - d clash, nobody listens to techno, planet funk - who said, DARK BEAT (what the fuck), bunch of breakbeats....trance wise: katoi - touch u, velvet morning, blackeight - the silence, nothing but u, i feel you, animacion, another way, massive (lovin it), let it rain, couple others...by far more hard shit than trance...i was really feelin luis diaz tho, i love him!

ps: theres this vocal he played this time and last time... " I KNOW you want meeeee"....some chick singin....anyone???

eh, he gotta do that again the music was ridiculous that night. and when sasha came to vinyl he was also much better than he was at Roxy. vinyl jsut bings out the best in djs i guess. kinda like a place i remember used to do not too long ago....

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

........seen them both in Mykonos, Greece....... the beach... rising sun........... so boys were in the mood defenatelly......some of the best nights to remember

Originally posted by lillizzy

i expected a lot more trance...the highlight of my night was ACTUALLY children...im sick of this hard shit...bryan zentz - d clash, nobody listens to techno, planet funk - who said, DARK BEAT (what the fuck), bunch of breakbeats....trance wise: katoi - touch u, velvet morning, blackeight - the silence, nothing but u, i feel you, animacion, another way, massive (lovin it), let it rain, couple others...by far more hard shit than trance...i was really feelin luis diaz tho, i love him!

Funny how I remember (and mentioning to someone last night) reading on various boards in the past, that people wanted him to play harder and more of it

track of the night by far was that "I Know You Want Me" track...twice!

Opens with Bucci Bag ? I like it and all but i dont go to see PVD to hear that--

Imma be the one to stand up for that Dark beat remix...its the only decent one of the bunch IMO and it rocked that place...its a sick track and would be even sicker without the vocals but whatever....at least he didnt cut out the words so the crowd would sing like he did at space....

So much hard shit--i like when he plays hard, but usually he takes u on a jouney...last nite he had No flow i thought

Plus im sorry to bring this up here, but I could not believe how many people were rollin their balls off last nite...Like rollin bad too, knockin into people not caring who they hit, glowsticks int he eyes, all that shit...

Usually i can deal with the normal amount i guess cuz im used to it by now but last nite seemed to be over the top--I literally felt like they passed out pills at the door adn me lizzy and robin were the only ones who didnt get any...:confused:

And zeek--if u left after dark beat maybe u got confused but he didnt play marco v's C Del track--thats my fav track right now and theres no way i wudda missed it....maybe u got it confused with another track

All i gotta say is:

One month till Tijis

Mike Bugout

Good, I wasn't the only one who thought it was shit. . . there were times when it was money early in his set. . .but after Robert Miles, it was really fuckign bad. . . He's definitely no Lisa Lashes, he should stay away from the hard house. My first time seeing PvD was in the top 5 of my musical nights, this has to be around #50. He's paul van fucking dyk. . . why the hell was he NOT playing trance? I just got pissed and left at 5:15. . .and I missed Dark Beat. If I had heard that, I woulda had to throw my water at his head.

I am so glad everyone disliked his set......that means more room for me to DANCE next time he comes!

You guys are all so JADED...... his set was sick! Maybe it did not flow like usual because he did not drop straight trance for six hours, but he was showing he is an artist last night, i liked his track selection.

Remember, he is a dj, an artist. He is there to express himself musically, not to please just you.

And for so many pissed off people on the board, it looked like the club was filled with pumped people (except for the large numbers of OD's/fucked up kids)

cant wait for him to come back, he is always worth the money.

Originally posted by fwilso01

You guys are all so JADED...... his set was sick! Maybe it did not flow like usual because he did not drop straight trance for six hours, but he was showing he is an artist last night, i liked his track selection.

Remember, he is a dj, an artist. He is there to express himself musically, not to please just you.

And for so many pissed off people on the board, it looked like the club was filled with pumped people (except for the large numbers of OD's/fucked up kids)

JADED? I think not. remember not everyone has the same tastes. He usually has a nice flow to his sets, that flow wasnt there last night plain and simple. If you thought it flowed nice, hey then, glad you had fun.

As far as the DJ as an artist stuff--u dont have to tell me, I know all about it-- but I would hope that someone up as high as PVD could layer a set with some kind of flow while still going in to the different directions. My beef wasnt so much with the actual tracks he played, but there was no flow. 2 hard songs- 1 softer, then a break, then hard again. Wierd flow.

Another problem was some of the crowd, but thats not his fault.

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

And zeek--if u left after dark beat maybe u got confused but he didnt play marco v's C Del track--thats my fav track right now and theres no way i wudda missed it....maybe u got it confused with another track

fuck, Then I am so confused. I could have sworn he played it...you remember any song he played that sounded similar?

Also, another track that kind of made me think 'wtf' was when he played some mix of Madonna's Music. Totally random song at the time, I hated it.

It was so weird too...this was the most excited I have seen PVD in the times I have gone to hear him. Dancing around in the booth, smiling....but the crowd didn't seem to be reacting at all, for the most part. Then he would drop one of his anthems at some random time and the place would blow up. I don't get it.

How was the last hour btw? I assume he turned it up towards the end.