Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats up with Avalon??

ichiroboston

What's going on with Avalon?

I heard lots of rumors of Lyons going to Cali and dumping Avalon / Axis.

Their summer lineup kind of sucks. what do you think?

I just got back from Roxy NYC to see PVD.. what an amazing night. I guess I'll be going to NYC more often this summer.

BTW... the Smoking ban is GREAT!

The club air was SO clean, and at the end of the night I did not smell like smoke, I had 10x more energy and no burns! :)

Ichiro

Originally posted by whadupg

Yeah it does. I don't get it, but I hope the summer looks better than March, April & May :(

I don't know why people haven't realized that the lineups are NOT going to get better anytime in the near future. It's like people are expecting Avalon to post their next month's DJs and all of a sudden everything will be back to the way it used to be. It ain't happening. Good, International tallent in Boston is pretty much a thing of the past.

Avalon has forsaken it's most loyal customers and I hope it bites those greedy fucks in the ass. They had a really good thing going and they blew it all because of a couple slow months.

Numbers have been pathetic there since they made the switch and I couldn't be happier about it. When you fuck your following, you fuck yourself. Well done Avalon, well done. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I don't know why people haven't realized that the lineups are NOT going to get better anytime in the near future. It's like people are expecting Avalon to post their next month's DJs and all of a sudden everything will be back to the way it used to be. It ain't happening. Good, International tallent in Boston is pretty much a thing of the past.

Avalon has forsaken it's most loyal customers and I hope it bites those greedy fucks in the ass. They had a really good thing going and they blew it all because of a couple slow months.

Numbers have been pathetic there since they made the switch and I couldn't be happier about it. When you fuck your following, you fuck yourself. Well done Avalon, well done. :rolleyes:

bottle it up!

I've been corking it for a long time now.

When something makes you mad, just take that anger, make it into a little ball, and push it way deep, down inside you, where it will never come out. Then force the biggest smile on your face that you can, so the rest of the world sees that they can't make you angry. :)

Oh man, this thread is turning into a "Your dumb...etc"...

Dont make it like that please.

There are enough "top-40-techno" clubs in boston, I dont see why Avalon has to change their bookings so Saturday is more "commercial".

(From AvalonBostons forum, managements post)

Sucks big time.

Time for someone to open a NYC style club, with a big dance floor, lots of lights, Great sound system and some chill rooms with couches-no music, and Bouncers that like to have fun.

Something like RoxyNYC would be nice.

Here are some pictures from Friday's PVD show at RoxyNYC

PVD AT ROXY NYC

Originally posted by ichiroboston

Oh man, this thread is turning into a "Your dumb...etc"...

Dont make it like that please.

There are enough "top-40-techno" clubs in boston, I dont see why Avalon has to change their bookings so Saturday is more "commercial".

(From AvalonBostons forum, managements post)

Sucks big time.

Time for someone to open a NYC style club, with a big dance floor, lots of lights, Great sound system and some chill rooms with couches-no music, and Bouncers that like to have fun.

Something like RoxyNYC would be nice.

Here are some pictures from Friday's PVD show at RoxyNYC

PVD AT ROXY NYC

This is one of the only boards you'll see where conversations never turn into "you're dumb", "no you're dumber", etc. They turn into "No, I plugged more on Friday night.", "No, I like Mr. Hat more than you do", etc. instead.

If someone had the money, smarts and balls to open up a quality club in Boston, they'd make a killing. Avalon showed there's a market for it... now someone just needs to follow through.

Saturday's have always been very commercial at Avalon. It's losing varried international tallent in Axis (i.e. not the same song and dance every week, but always something VERY quality) that is killing us.