Clubplanet Nightlife Community

93.1 miami's #1 party station? riiiiiight

iriechic305

Originally posted by nexusgroove

hum.... commerical radio sucks....

I don't think 93.1 Really cares, I am sure they get alot of emails and phone calls about the programming and suggestion of music to play but they won't do it.

Any if we power up a pirate radio station they will send an arm after us.

When we used to do GrooveRadio 107.1FM we had alot of people backing us up. Then 93.1 Came and flocked over to them, but now I get email every other day about putting GrooveRadio Miami 107.1 FM back with real music....

We are working in something.! ;)

but if we flip the switch, 93.1 is not going to be happy.

only thing that they got for them is Markus Schulz's shows... the daytime format blows.. please flip the switch lol :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.... real music! underground and un commerical music.. but too bad its only once a week

actually. theyve been doing it saturdays now too.. until they can find a new venue to broadcast from .. they oughta broadcast from spi club :D

hum.... commerical radio sucks....

I don't think 93.1 Really cares, I am sure they get alot of emails and phone calls about the programming and suggestion of music to play but they won't do it.

Any if we power up a pirate radio station they will send an arm after us.

When we used to do GrooveRadio 107.1FM we had alot of people backing us up. Then 93.1 Came and flocked over to them, but now I get email every other day about putting GrooveRadio Miami 107.1 FM back with real music....

We are working in something.! ;)

but if we flip the switch, 93.1 is not going to be happy.

PLEASE BRING THAT RADIO 107.1 BACK.....I LOOOOOOVED IT & YOU HAD outstanding programming, no bs, just pure underground beats ! STILL HAVE IT SAVED AS MY FAVORITE.....!!!!!!

It isn't that bad.. it's not a radio to listen to 24/7, but it's nice from time to time.. they do play great song with remixes by one of the biggest such as Gabriel and Dresden.. if we talk about topping off other crappy shit stations, this is the best of them all... I mean, come on!! would you want 93.1 taken off or.. have it there bringing us one of the best sets there is @ the Global DJ broadcast?

Sorry. but!

If it wasn't for the weekend break away from programing. 93.1 would not have much ratings,

The concept was good at the start. A dance music station in Miami, wow! But with all the DeeJays they have, you would think they'll put a show for every day with new and non-commerical music at least 7pm till 11pm or something for those people that worked hard day and want to come home and get away from this reallity we call life on earth.

100,000 watts of music and you can be blind folded in a dark room and hear 10 sec of the station and guess it's 93.1FM, I haven't tuned in to 93 in about 6 months now, They got this fu*king computer playing the same shit on the minute everyday!

If they creat a show 7pm till 11pm with the same concept as Global Broadcast thier ration will surpass any other station in Miami. They need to stand back and look at the big picture.

And PLEASEEEEEEE STOP THE DUMB hating addes,, ""this hour we played # commericals and power played # commericals, WHO THE FU*K cares... I rather hear an old remix of Better off alone on Power 96 then the same shit everyday on 93.1FM, I know alot of people are going to agree with me.

Back in the days of GrooveRadio, "they" made an effort every Thursday to go to Groove Man Music and get new freash tracks to play... A Pirate station had it down packed!

We support Global Broadcast, we re-broadcast almost all their sets, and I also see alot of hits from Cox too... Either they are baby sitting me, or tunning in for the great music we re-broadcast!

;)

Imagen, the groove radio concept on 100,000 watts!!!!!

We would be the next Radio One!!!!!!

Big corporate america owns the majority of radio stations all over the country. We get crap for radio. Nothing we can do. I give 93.1 credit for some stuff they have done, but they get bashed for what they don't do. They force-feed us with the same B.S. all the time and it just won't do anymore.

I heard on a talk show this week 93.1 ratings have gone down dramatically since their inception. Not good for the #1 dance station in Miami. In the words of Neil Rogers, "THE PARTY IS OVER!" :rolleyes:

On the other hand, they play one of the most rare tracks on America.. I mean, even though they are commercial songs, they still stand out from the other tunes played on other radios across america. I agree with what many of you have said, but if you think about it, this is a dance station for the the general audience, which is what, has this radio station living. So if you go on and do a show from 7-11pm, even though I would love it, it will definetly be TOO underground for the audience, and make happy the few ( us )... actually killing the radio station. That's why the shows are after midnight. The station can not be a Radio One kind of station, hence the fact that, this is AMERICA, not ENGLAND, a country way more educated and better in therms of electronic/dance music.

• 1 year later...

i just wish clubs would respect the clubbers more and not hire 93.1 to broadcast live from the club because we go there simply for the fact we cant get what u previde anywhere else and if ur gonna give it away on the radio then why even go and spend money in ur club

well share the music anyway peopple that like the station and/music unified by the broadcast.. if you like the broadcast and others who like the broadcast go then its a physical occurance of ppl sharing common interest. Also being part of a live broadcast puts you at the base of the occurance etc.. etc.. If you can house a club and a radio broadcast then why not its promotion no? I dont get the direct reasoning of your point.

well share the music anyway peopple that like the station and/music unified by the broadcast.. if you like the broadcast and others who like the broadcast go then its a physical occurance of ppl sharing common interest. Also being part of a live broadcast puts you at the base of the occurance etc.. etc.. If you can house a club and a radio broadcast then why not its promotion no? I dont get the direct reasoning of your point.

oh was this a two years ago.. anywho.. hows 93.1 doing?

foudn a url

http://party931.com/

It isn't that bad.. it's not a radio to listen to 24/7, but it's nice from time to time.. they do play great song with remixes by one of the biggest such as Gabriel and Dresden.. if we talk about topping off other crappy shit stations, this is the best of them all... I mean, come on!! would you want 93.1 taken off or.. have it there bringing us one of the best sets there is @ the Global DJ broadcast?

The truth is, 93.1 was so much better when it was a classical music station... at least it was quality back then! :D

HI NY'er here,

WNYU is a college radio station that doesn't even reach the upper east side. Though it would be nice to here most college radio station off campuses they have a lot better taste. And although you'd think you it bad in Miami try living here in NYC with WKTU....I say screw it buy satellite radio or get music choice.

But don't hate so much on 93.1 until you've heard Kevin Lytle on a "Dance Station" 70 times a day.

disney owns the station. need I say more?

OK, I'll say a little more. 93.1 is the absolutely worst, play the same ass songs, sorry excuse for a radio station I have ever heard.

Radio has the power to teach and share the area with the beautiful gift of music. Instead its the same old bull shit I used to hear in Tampa 2 1/2 years ago. If I had a radio station, I could make it profitable and hold clout.

The thing is radio stations like 93.1 sell commercials. If they had a REAL programm manager and more importantly a special events coordinator to work on different revenue options, helped by the radio station, they could make it. It won't happen though ever with clear channel, cox or disney. They all have no clue. They gladly take peoples money to promote an event or a club night, but they have no interest. They take the cash and that's it.

Best stations in the US are KCRW in LA, WNYU in NYC & WMNF in Tampa, all are commercial free radio stations with listener support, corporate underwriting AND they all throw parties.

Does anyone know anyone with 4 million dollars to buy a radio station? If you do, let me know. We can change the world! Well Miami, anyways.

Joe Budious