Clubplanet Nightlife Community

throwing napkins???

zaguero

Bartenders were doing that at Space all the time. The funny thing was that Space has constant janitorial services. About 10 people roam the floor with dustpans and brooms to sweep up cigarette butts and trash, and as soon as a bartender would throw napkins, one of the janitors would run over and start sweeping them all up. This went on all night long. Kinda Sisyphilian.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Bartenders were doing that at Space all the time. The funny thing was that Space has constant janitorial services. About 10 people roam the floor with dustpans and brooms to sweep up cigarette butts and trash, and as soon as a bartender would throw napkins, one of the janitors would run over and start sweeping them all up. This went on all night long. Kinda Sisyphilian.

lol, you could eat off the floor at Space they clean it so often! The first time I went during WMC 2002 I thought it was the crazy thing. People were trying to dance and there was a guy sweeping up the floor around you! The staff would be by your side while your trash was still in mid air!

BTW, are people so bored that "throwing napkins" has become entertainment?

Originally posted by ez-e

The Baja Beach Club in Fort Lauderdale in FL does that shit too!!!

They just wanna be cool!!!

corkysm59.gif

haha...used to love the Baja Beach club during Sprin Break. The owner is (was) from Texas so we got hooked up all the time. The bartenders there also had leaf blowers with toilet paper rolls attached to the end. They'd turn those suckers on and streams of TP would fly about 100 feet in the air and then come down and cover the crowd. Pretty asinine, but it was a cool effect at the club.

Originally posted by nourishment

The mental image I have of these floor sweepers is not unlike those kids at a tennis match he stealthily run on and off the court snatching dead balls.

Yeah. That's about right. One time, I looked down, and this woman was sweeping between my feet and I hadn't even noticed.