Fav. sport: As a participant: archery, as a spectator: soccer

Fav. food: I don't discriminate

Word to describe myself: Open-minded

A mental health advocate? Damn... doo gooders... :D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think of myself as a "doo gooder". Or a good-doer, even. :laugh: Mental heathcare policies in New York State suck big time. I stand up for the rights of the mentally ill because most times they can't do it for themselves. When someone is sick, all they care about is getting better. Unfortunately, current policy doesn't always allow for this. Mental health parity is the biggest issue right now in the mental health community. Right now we are working on a parity act that would allow the same amount of insurance coverage for the treatment of mental illness, as there is for physical illness.

podes...I hate NYU. You're only paying for the name.

Originally posted by mala

I don't think of myself as a "doo gooder". Or a good-doer, even. :laugh: Mental heathcare policies in New York State suck big time. I stand up for the rights of the mentally ill because most times they can't do it for themselves. When someone is sick, all they care about is getting better. Unfortunately, current policy doesn't always allow for this. Mental health parity is the biggest issue right now in the mental health community. Right now we are working on a parity act that would allow the same amount of insurance coverage for the treatment of mental illness, as there is for physical illness.

podes...I hate NYU. You're only paying for the name.

we were there for a meeting with the top people at the school....and they asked for a benchmarking study..and they wanted to be compared to all IVY schools.........they were so stuck up...

Originally posted by podes881

we were there for a meeting with the top people at the school....and they asked for a benchmarking study..and they wanted to be compared to all IVY schools.........they were so stuck up...

Hmmm...beware of falling bodies the next time you visit.

Originally posted by podes881

haha

we were up on the top floor of the library or something...where the administration people are.....and they had security up there....

Yeah, its pretty nuts. 3 suicides this semester. I wonder if it's a record for NYU. There's at least one suicide a semester there. Then there are the OD's they have to pull out of the dorms. Crazy. I can't really blame them though, cause the education sucks. Last year, my junior year, someone asked the difference between psychology and psychiatry. Not an entirely dumb question, except that the girl asking was a junior in the applied psychology program. To further demonstrate the worthlessness of my classmates, let me add that she asked this in our graduate level stats class.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by gmccookny

nice stats ;)

ps, if you're starving, i know a great lil bistro on 80th and lex. that i would treat ya to :)

:laugh:

Actually what I am starving for is something that is self fulfilling. I want to reach the highest level of self actualization. In which my powers come together in a particularly efficient and intensely enjoyable way, and in which I become more integrated and less split, more open for experience, more idiosyncratic, more perfectly expressive or spontaneous, or fully functioning, more creative, more humorous, more ego-transcending, more independent of lower needs, etc. A state in which I truly become myself, more perfectly actualizing my potentialities, closer to the core of my Being, more fully human.

That is what I am starving for....

Originally posted by starvingartist

:laugh:

Actually what I am starving for is something that is self fulfilling. I want to reach the highest level of self actualization. In which my powers come together in a particularly efficient and intensely enjoyable way, and in which I become more integrated and less split, more open for experience, more idiosyncratic, more perfectly expressive or spontaneous, or fully functioning, more creative, more humorous, more ego-transcending, more independent of lower needs, etc. A state in which I truly become myself, more perfectly actualizing my potentialities, closer to the core of my Being, more fully human.

That is what I am starving for....

Do you read Maslow?