Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Review: Space 34; Saleen351

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

fuck it, i'm putting it back up

Well I had no plans on going last night, but I was at Spi and Jimmy T talked me into it...

So here goes.....

(god help us all)

Walk in and the vibe is awesome. Typical Space vibe, they do it better than anyone in Floirda. Oscar had revoultion on and the crowd was loving...

Lets get to the details...

The front room, who really cares, I could care less what they do in there, anyone that wants to change it or do something is an idiot.. Its just a room.

Main room is much bigger than i thought. Set up is very EXIT that is just way short of being done right.

First off there is no true dance floor. All it is a big traffic jam... This is why you should only build clubs where at least one side of the dance floor is a solid wall that leads no where. You go out on the main floor, and all you do is move when people are walking threw. Hence no true dance floor. Now lets talk about the floor. Not sure what it is, but I wished they spent the money on a true club floor. My best friend owns the 2nd largest hardwood florring company on the east coast and i use to work there. What they older clubs do and its very rare these days, you take 2X4 (which if you watch this old house, they are not truely 2X4) and you rip them lenth wise, and you glue and hiltie gun them to the floor in a grid, then you lay some 1 inch oak plank over them. What this does is create a floor, that flexes. Its easy on your joints and keeps you dancing longer, plus you feel the bass and the crowd bouncing since there is some flexion in the floor. Too bad space didn't put one it, would have been sick... Set up is way wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong.... Can't tell you how disapointed i was when i notice the crowd and how its not a dance floor.

Sound:

Well I don't know the technical terms, but the sound is good. Thumps much harder then maze, but clearly doesn't fill the room like maze. Its mono.... Unless you stand in the middle...Take your car stereo and put the sound to the front drivers side, thats what it sounds like.. Ever listen to one of those bose wave radios, that they claim fills the room with sound (which they do by the way, worth every penny) well this only fills the space by you... Old space filled the room, you heard it from all angles. This is like there is only one speaker in the place. Not good not good at all. Very clear, range is good, just doesn't bring the goods... Inferior to funktion... Must say i'm disapointed.. Though in the booth it sounds sick... Real sick...

Lights and decor:

This will be why I won't be in the main room and only chill on the patio. What fucking asshole did those lights? Who ever bought them, installed them, programmed them, needs to be FIRED! First off you need sun tan lotion its so god damm bright in there.. Holy shit what piece of shit lighting system. Its so bright they take the energy and underground feel of ogs sets and throws it out the window... Its not suppoe to be a look at me club, its a drop the hammer, crank the lights down, kick the strobes drop a classic and hit the horn. Instead its Disney landish... Horrible!!!! Is spacious fucking the 1800flowers girl? What asshole put those stupid flowers up??????????? God that was embarassing.. Flowers? Are we serious? Hey og play some sick underground music while i look at the fucking tulips.. Aweful... Before I moved here, i use to go get videos shot at space. One of my favs was sander kleienberg dropped alan basses, bass in your face, and they had these cool evil clowns... Those were cool.. Flowers are not.. More of the disney landish theme.... The entire main room in regards to lights and decor needs to be redone... Doesn't hold a candle to the old space.. Not in a million years.. YOu need your sunglasses for the main room... Nexo if right its a bigger spin.. with the same shitty lights they use to have over there. ..

Patio:

Ill make this nice and short. Patio=perfection. Lights sound etc, except one tiny detail. THE FUCKING BOOTH IS COMPLETY IN THE WRONG SPOT............. I KNOW IT AND SPACE KNOWS IT. THAT BOOTH BELONGS BETWEEN THE TWO TOWERS FACING THE MAIN BAR. IT WOULD HAVE CREATED A TRI ANGLE EFFECT WITH THE CROWD. NOW THE BOOTH IS MILES AWAY FROM YOU IF YOU ARE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE. THE CROWD WAS JUST SITTING THERE SINCE THEY HAVE ZERO INTERACTION WITH THE dj.. THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET FIRED FOR IT. I WAS 100% SOBER LAST NIGHT AND I PICTURING A BIG NAME DJ PLAYING AND NO ONE BEING ABLE TO CROWD AND BOOTH AREA AND GET WILD. INSTEAD IF YOU APPROACH THE BOOTH ITS A WALK WAY FOR VIP.... NOT A FUCKING SMART MOVE. MOVE THE BOOTH... ONLY MAKES SENSE.. IF YOUT PUT IT IN THE MIDDLE BETWEEN THOSE TOWERS IT WOULD BE PERFECT, AND PEOPLE ENTERING THE PATIO WOULD SEE THE DJ FIRST.. INSTEAD OF USING A PAIR OF BINOCULARS TO FIND ROLAND... BESIDES THAT,THE PATIO WHILE BIG, WHICH IS DEF GONNA CAUSE ISSUES, IS SICK.... MOVE THE BOOTH. SPEND THE MONEY... THE OLD SPACE WAS TOO TINY TO HAVE THE BOOTH THERE, BUT I'VE HEARD AND SCENE VIDEOS WHERE THE BOOTH WAS SORTA LIKE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE AT THE NEW SPACE.

MUSIC:

GIVEN BOTH OF THEM MULIGANS FOR THE NIGHT. WON'TGET INTO IT.

ROC PROJECT, LETS GET ILL TWICE AND A TRACK 3 MONTHS OLD THAT MIAMI THINKS IS BRAND NEW....

IT WASN'T BAD, BUT AFTER HEARING STRYKE FOR 3 HOURS, YOU CAN'T C0MPARE...

TO SUM IT UP:

Put the new patio at the old space and you have perfection...

Until they fix the lights i'll be on the patio... I'm still pealing from my last sunburn, so i can't chance another sunburn in the main room..

Crowd:

Chicks were great, very hot.. Crowd was def better dressed, but they told some of people i knew there to take their hats off, why let them in with a hat if they can't wear it? Trust me i use to go threw the same shit when i bounced, and the only soultions are these:

1. don't let them in at all

2. put them in a box and you pick the hat up when you leave..

only way it will work..Hats cause fights.. trust me... But how can you tell andrew to take off his FDNY hat and some idiot had on a black hooded sweat shirt and camo pants???????????????

The crowd is def a big improvment. And staff was great as well, I guess they are really trying... And i saw the funniest thing i've ever seen in a club but i can't post it... But andrew WTF were you thinking

The upstairs vip in the main room, is a huge waste of space.. More disney landish shit.. Maybe next week they'll have mickey and minnie dancing on the floor taking pics with crack heads...

I'm not one of those losers that is gonna get all setimental on the old space, but the old space was dirty, dark nasty... just the way i like my clubs and my women....

Uniforms on bartenders is a gay and dumb idea.. more disney land corporate bullshit... give me a whore smoking crack with her tits hanging out.... I don't want the avis rent a car girl serving me...

Of course i'll support my boys, and big thanks for the hospitatly last night..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree 100%.

The patio booth in the middle is an awesome idea. I originally thought the patio was too big because the side furthest from the booth is useless, too far from the action.

And the main room is way too bright for any kind of fun. Maybe they should put back in those speaker cabinets\cubes that defined the old space dancefloor. That way your enforcing a walkway on the outside, and people can dance undisturbed in the middle.

Agree with many of the Saleen's observations. Too many people go through the dance floor and it seemed like a damn Blink 182 concert the day Sasha and Digweed spun there, that's why I completely avoided the main room. DJ booth in the patio should be in the middle so we can interact and give Roly the two thumbs up everytime he drops a bomb.

I will check it out next week. :)

Originally posted by southof5th

I have to agree 100%.

The patio booth in the middle is an awesome idea. I originally thought the patio was too big because the side furthest from the booth is useless, too far from the action.

And the main room is way too bright for any kind of fun. Maybe they should put back in those speaker cabinets\cubes that defined the old space dancefloor. That way your enforcing a walkway on the outside, and people can dance undisturbed in the middle.

I think your right on. I like the darkness of the old Space because you could dance, and not worry about looking like a retard because you dance like shit (like me).

THe walking throught the dance floor is also a real downer.:(

Wow!! it's like a domino effect in here.. Thanx for givin' us your "expert" review Saleen...

This guy builds clubs for a living.. :rolleyes:

u never seize to amaze me... dude, just give up clubbin'. You have got to be the most disgruntled clubber in the history of nightlife. Honestly, it's pointless tryin' to host you. You never have a smile on your face. All you do is shrug your shoulders, frown & talk about how much better this could of been if it was built just the way you like it (Never mind the 5,000 other peepz).

about Music.. you might think you know a thing or 2, but you're far from "Music Guru" status like your posts make you think you seem.

btw, how's temps??

Originally posted by biznation00

Wow!! it's like a domino effect in here.. Thanx for givin' us your "expert" review Saleen...

u never seize to amaze me... dude, just give up clubbin'. You have got to be the most disgruntled clubber in the history of nightlife. Honestly, it's pointless tryin' to host you. You never have a smile on your face. All you do is shrug your shoulders, frown & talk about how much better this could of been if it was built just the way you like it (Never mind the 5,000 other peepz).

about Music.. you might think you know a thing or 2, but you're far from "Music Guru" status like your posts make you think you seem.

btw, how's temps??

I feel the same (and agree 100% with Biz), I'd like to know what club-expert experience this guy has ?? I love the lights in the new blue room, and though I think the patio could use a little more seating - I am sure there will be more changes to accomodate people, the sound in the patio is much better than the old one -it rocks IMO......and if you cant see when you are in the patio, get some prescription eyewear, the new patio was meant to be larger !!!!

The old patio was great, but get over it & embrace the new one -

Guest saleen351

btw, how's temps??

You make me laugh biz. I love the fact me and you probably couldn't agree 2+2=4... We'd find a way to argue over it. :laugh:

I had a great time last night, I'll certainly be back,, but that main room is not for me... Those sets last night certainly were not for me, 24 minutes of lets get ill, made me ill.

Biz i quit my job, I have zero cash flow, and i came out to support og, roland, stryke, jon, jimmy, ralph all this weekend... But i'm a "disgruntled" clubber:rolleyes: Maybe i'll only show up when the euro trash plays space.... like the rest of miami...

When you think i'm having a bad time, i'm not, I love just chilling by my self listening to the beats, that what i enjoy.. I was sober last night and had a great great time.... But it needs work.. Or sell sun tan lotion either way it needs to be changed and cp agrees with me, except some broad who wants more seats in a club....

I am sorry I had to miss this weekend but I am sure Oscar & co. were fucking it up as usual, I was in the office all weekend doing paperwork but mentally I was there...........

As far as people complaining about lighting fixtures,design decor, people give it up SPACE34 is untouchable in almost every aspect of what a club layout should be. Louis has deep pockets and whether you like it or not he knows his shit backwards & forwards and when he is in doubt he brings in the best in the buisness in order to get it done (LORD) etc.

I am the last one to kiss anyone's ass @SPACE I have had my share of complaint's in many different areas but I take everything with a grain of salt. You guys gotta give credit where credit is due there is no other club out there that offer's what SPACE34 does just someone please tell me what the deal is with Diesel's the guy last week gave me grief again I practically had to hand over my Rolex to get in.

as I said b4 .... but ..............

Qoute from str8upcore:

SPACE34 is untouchable in almost every aspect of what a club layout should be. Louis has deep pockets and whether you like it or not he knows his shit backwards & forwards and when he is in doubt he brings in the best in the buisness in order to get it done

thanx ... I was not in a writing mood earlier today ...

Everything can be analyzed to the furthest detail and then it comes down to "tastes" ...

Space 34 is a REAL club ... a true upgrade of the original ... VIBE in the place says it all ...

Terrace is outstanding ... VIBE stays in the place far more than in a spread design ... but FAR more ... it is a club within a club ...

guess people will get accostumed to dance in the main room ... it is a new experience ... it's about finding "your place on the dancefloor" ... like in every club ...

Place will attract 100% of the true clubber base ... as opposed to b4 ... when it offered less appeal to the clubbing LADIES ... and this was the #1 problem of the old Space ... :idea:

I concur with my first impression of the place ... this place rocks ... and furthermore ... will be the #1 club in the nation for years to come ...

Anything can be improved ... that is why we keep on living ... :hat:

btw, how's temps??

lol

temps was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

You gotta respect saleen's opinion on the club as everyone's allowed to their opinion and while I will agree on the booth in the middle of the club being a great idea, it could also not work. A big part of the dj's interaction with the club is looking at his audience and how it reacts to the music the dj plays, if your in the middle of the room you can only see part of the reaction at any given time. As for the lighting, I'm one of those people that at the same time I love the dark cause I can't dance for crap and get away with doing it not looking too stupid, but at same time I like lighting as I get to see the women's faces better so I don't end up checking out somebody I would normally not. Sound wise, the new space is loud, I'm no sound expert and can't comment on details and how it sounds in different areas of the club, all I can say about it is I enjoy the music wherever I am on the dancefloor and the sound seems pretty good enough to me. Music wise yeah last time I went heard let's get ill played like two to three times, but it's a huge song and unless you somebody that likes to move back and forth between the main room and the terrace and are there early in the night to the morning you will probably only hear it once. All in all, I loved the old space and the new 34 is impressive and though while I'm amazed by it I still don't feel the connection to the place yet (sounds weird to say when talking about a club). That's always how I am though when a club is new and I just need to get used to the place, so I'm sure after two more visits to 34 will feel like home.

Saleen,

U have got to be the most confused kid I know. I do enjoy talkin' to you as a person about anything other than clubs & you are right about one thing- We couldn't agree on the sky being blue.

It's people like you who make me better at tolerating a character like yourself... ;)

So what club/dj is the flavor of the month this week??

ps. thanks for the Space compliment.

My input in the whole situation is this .......

There are 2 types of people that go to Space , the ones that want to be SEEN and socialize , and the ones that go to Dance and have fun (like me) .

And the problem is that those 2 groups are intertwined , instead of being more or less separated into specific area . And this in many cases cause the VERY FREQUENT stopage and mood breaker for the dancer like myself . It's literally impossible to dance without somebody bumping into you every 1-2 minutes .

But all in all , i really enjoy the new Space ..............next mission ......LAWLER!!!!!!!!

"believe in fate"

Guest saleen351

Saleen,

U have got to be the most confused kid I know. I do enjoy talkin' to you as a person about anything other than clubs & you are right about one thing- We couldn't agree on the sky being blue.

It's people like you who make me better at tolerating a character like yourself... ;)

So what club/dj is the flavor of the month this week??

ps. thanks for the Space compliment.

fuck it i put it back up.... I don't want people around the world reading what i wrote then saying it sucks without going.. Place has mad potential but the kinks like the shower i got walking down the stairs needs to be fixed....

And like i said, you can book god, and I won't hang in that main room.. Consider me a patio whore from now on, which means i'm gonna be all over yours and rolands cases twice as much now..:tongue: