Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Tech-Heads....prepare yerself for MAY...

Wow! When it comes to Techno in New York City it's like feast or famine. After a long, hard, SNOWY winter with a serious lack of techno parties (or parties for that matter), we enter a new season with 3 of the hottest techno events anyone could ever imagine! All 3 will be very small intimate Fridays for under 250 people so make sure you do whatever it is you have to do in order to get in...see you there.

1st...Viktor and Tronic Treatment never fail to pull a rabbit out of the hat!

On Friday May 2nd 2003 Tronic Treatment plus M-nus

bring you:

:::unCONTROLed:::

Richie Hawtin with Magda

9pm-late @ Filter 14 432 W. 14th St. Manhattan

for more information go to www.tronictreatment.com

...and as if that wasn't enough...

Infrastructure and Tronic Treatment in association with Digital Domain and NYEX proudly present:

:::Placebo::: @ the brooklyn loft (aka combustive arts)

Fridays May 9th and May 16th (2 nights only)

...from the same people that brought you tronic treatment vs. infrastructure. you know, that serious party a few weeks ago at 66 water st. (originally meant to be at lunatarium).

Revised Line-ups as of 04.29.03

Placebo 1

Friday May 9th, 2003

10pm-10am

Open Bar from 10-11pm

$20

The Advent (Kombination Research, UK)

Richard Harvey (USER, NY)

Neuromancer (Tronic, NY)

Plexus (Satellite, NY)

Shimmer and Stumble (Fuck the DJs, NY) Special B-Day celebration for Jim Welch!!!

Juan C. (Feel-up, NY)

Rich Bourque (Foundation, NY)

Anthony Velarde (Liquids, NY)

Lasix (Homegrown, NY)

Placebo 2

Friday May 16th, 2003

10pm-9am

Open Bar from 10-11pm

$20

Surgeon (Counterbalance, UK)

Function (Infrastructure, NY)

Gene LeFosse (Convolute, NY)

Punisher (Seismic, Detroit)

PJay (Nyex, NY)

Kazu (Vinyl Market, NY)

Agent Orange (Gotham Grooves, NY)

...these events are not to be missed

***please pass this info along to all of your fellow techno sluts***

ABOUT PLACEBO and THE BROOKLYN LOFT_

Over the course of the past few months we have been working really hard on setting up this space for techno events on Fridays. We have collectively pooled all of our resources together and came up with Placebo. Placebo will not occur every Friday but on random Fridays at The Brooklyn Loft. The concept behind Placebo is to produce a series of events that are not organized for the sake of profit or furthering anyone's career but for the sake of throwing quality, well thought out underground events that have substance.

Given the current state of affairs, the party scene in New York has taken a tremendous hit. Between the war, the economy, the affects of 911, the smoking ban, the rave act, cabaret laws and a long list of other obstacles that stand in the way of a thriving scene, we all need to understand that in order to keep this going, we need to work together. What I mean by this is, please come to the party (instead of staying home...this is becoming all too common), please don't ask for a comp and please respect the space. If you are into techno and would like to see us continue throwing parties like this then you have to realize that by not doing all 3 of these things, we won't be able to.

Since the space can only hold 300 people we kindly ask that everyone pays to get in. The $20 door price may seem a bit high but you will totally understand once you get inside, given the level of production and quality of the line-up it's totally worth it. The space really is something special though, it's kind of like the dream party space come true. It's a warehouse space, not some dirty little r*** spot, but a clean, streamlined warehouse space with an incredible dj booth, sound system, lights and lasers. It looks like a mini pre-ARC Vinyl for 300 people and sounds as good too :) You may remember it if you were at Richie Hawtin's B-day party last summer or if you have been to any of the 718 Loft Session parties.

So, with all of this being said, we hope to see you there, havin' it! Responsibly!

Thanks.

FUNCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 minute cab ride or drive from NYC

10 minute L Train from 14th st. leaves

you 2 blocks from the spot.

DIRECTIONS BY TRAIN : Take the L train from 14th St. to the Morgan Ave. stop in Brooklyn. Walk uphill 3 blocks to Thames St. and go right. Then Left on Bogart St. and then right on Varet. 250 Varet St.

FROM NYC: Take the Williamsburg Bridge outer roadway to the 2nd exit Broadway East and go straight for 1 block. Make a left at the first light (Havermeyer) Then make a right on Metropolitan. Go straight to Morgan Ave. and make a right. At the fork in the road go right then to Thames and make a right. Then left on Bogart and right on Varet.

250 Varet St.

From Long Island or Queens:

Take rt. 495 LIE to BQE westbound. Get off at Meeker /Morgan Ave exit and make a left at 2nd light. Stay straight and then stay right at fork in the road. Make 3rd right on Thames then left on Bogart then right on Varet.

250 Varet St.

:dj::rock::dj::rock:

You can always PM or Email me if ya want more info.

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

Unfortunately I will only be making it to the may 9th party.

(lasix- you should feel honored. You're the only reason I'm leaving my house this month.)

damn i better not fuck up then.. :D

seriously excited for both placebo events!

Its Friiiiiiiiday.

Can not wait.

I personally have not seen The Advent since November 2000 at the 1st Tresor party at Limelight so im pretty psyched.

Sure he plays the same shit..but damn does he make me dance.

Hope a lot of good people come out tonight...the info is above.

Originally posted by quoth

Its Friiiiiiiiday.

Can not wait.

I personally have not seen The Advent since November 2000 at the 1st Tresor party at Limelight so im pretty psyched.

Sure he plays the same shit..but damn does he make me dance.

Hope a lot of good people come out tonight...the info is above.

he did pretty good last night. would've been nicer if more people showed up though.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

tunes were very good....but it was empty

it was empty cause u left at like 12:30-1am

it got fuller and got REAL fuckin good around 4am...Cisco was very very good...he threw down mostly hard TRESOR-ish type shit..no electro this time...and didn't over do the effects and AirFx®...

Lasix...you did REALLLLLLLY muthafuckin good...i was very impressed. I like yer style..its similar to my own. Very good tracks.....best of the luck in the future and on future gigs.

Good seeing my hardcore techno fiends.