Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York Judge Orders Sniffer Dogs @ Sound Factory

New York Judge Orders Sniffer Dogs @ Sound Factory

Clubbers visiting Sound Factory will need to negotiate sniffer dogs to gain admission, after a Supreme Court judge issued new conditions for the New York superclub to stay in business.

Justice Emily Jane Goodman threatened the Manhattan superclub with closure if it fails to hire drug dogs and also ordered the club to post security people in its rest rooms (toilets), according to a report in the New York Law journal.

The venue had been due to host a performance from 50 Cent this Friday (May 9) though the gangsta/rapper pulled out ‘due to circumstances beyond Sound Factory’s control’.

http://www.nylawyer.com/news/03/05/050703e.html

I could be wrong but a while ago i asked a cop that used to live a few houses away from me before i moved, and he said that the dogs couldnt pick up on pills or k, anyone wanna back me up on that? If thats the cause it shows the legal system at work with this morong judge havin this dog sit there to find something he cant even smell ;)

That bein said, next week at outlaw i'll make sure i have a few milk bones in my pocket for little sparky :D

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

I wouldn't mind seeing some lovable canines on my way into Factory. What kinds of dogs have they been using, German Sheppards? German Sheps are such handsome, noble, intelligent, lovable dogs.

Did the dog seem peaceful to those of you who noticed it?

the one i saw looked like a black lab, but im not 100% positive that that was the breed..dog seemed peaceful just sitting there, they werent even using it

Etienne! :D

Originally posted by berniec

I could be wrong but a while ago i asked a cop that used to live a few houses away from me before i moved, and he said that the dogs couldnt pick up on pills or k, anyone wanna back me up on that? If thats the cause it shows the legal system at work with this morong judge havin this dog sit there to find something he cant even smell ;)

That bein said, next week at outlaw i'll make sure i have a few milk bones in my pocket for little sparky :D

Yeah they can, but most dogs aren't trained to sniff out ketamine or MDMA (most of those that are focus on smuggling/shipping ports, not casual users.)

As a more practical matter, drug sniffing dogs don't actually give much attention to when they smell drugs unless their handler has ordered them to search. If a dog isn't currently in 'search' mode, you could probably walk by it with a backpack full of heroin and the dog wouldn't alert. After all, they're around drugs a lot, and need to behave when the people with the drugs are police, etc. doing their job.

That could explain why people are still getting drugs in there, when I went with the fool whose post is above mine, the dog was off to the side, not being prodded by its handler to search. Might scare some people away though.

Originally posted by £ddie

when I went with the fool whose post is above mine, the dog was off to the side, not being prodded by its handler to search. Might scare some people away though.

haha bro i do believe it was YOUR idea to go to Factory after GO.....the thouhgt hadnt even crossed my mind until u mentioned it lol

Etienne! :D

Originally posted by £ddie

Yeah they can, but most dogs aren't trained to sniff out ketamine or MDMA (most of those that are focus on smuggling/shipping ports, not casual users.)

I really don't think i would take the chance. No party is worth going to jail over

Originally posted by avalondon3

Maybe if I hide a porkchop in my shoe, I can somehow distract the dog.:tongue:

I'm afraid that even more dangerous than a black lab or a german shephard or the hoary teeth of a mountain puma -- all capable sniffers of illegal narcotics, is the pig-tit, pimple-blazen guido-hound that will bark at your feet and hump your legs if you decide that hiding a pork-chop by your shoe is the 'best bet' for getting your K and 'contact solution' past that Manimal aka Paris (who again is a much greater threat than NYC/SWAT/ATF Canine Unit)

Save the Whales (we'll get to joeg next - lets just start simple)

- David Stone

what a shitty idea

honestly, im scared of large dogs. looks like i wont be going to factory for a while...lol

and correct me if im wrong but in theory would these drug sniffing dogs pick up the scent of drugs off money? theres an insane percentage of drug residue on all paper money...

Originally posted by ladyshady

what a shitty idea

honestly, im scared of large dogs. looks like i wont be going to factory for a while...lol

and correct me if im wrong but in theory would these drug sniffing dogs pick up the scent of drugs off money? theres an insane percentage of drug residue on all paper money...

haha.. remind me to do a few lines with a dollar bill, then give it to someone going to factory that night.... ;)