Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Saturday Space 34 Review

koky

damn..honestly? i am glad i left work early to go to this party. met up with an old friend (Who is a def hottie!) and basically sat back to one of the finest sets ive heard this year!:cool: James was jumpin round teh djbooth, and even Diego was smiling ear to ear..soemthing i havent seen him do since Lawler came down back last year.

Dee, would it hurt to make this guy a resident and open for Lawler every time he comes down? or even a solo gig with OSCAR G opening?

btw- can anyone id that track Lawler began with? it goes:

Do you remmeber any of your first times? the first time u kissed someone, the first time u got laid,...etc.?

thanks!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok, WHEW! I'm finally home.....

I will start with my gripes cause they are actually still bugging the crap outta me.

First and foremost: HUGE f*ck you to Stefan for closing the list before 1am, like Koky said. We were about 10 people away from the entrance when he decided to be a d*ckhead, and when I went up there immediately afterward, he STILL said no list, even though he saw that we were right there, and had been waiting since 12:20. That put me in a pissy mood for a WHILE...

Secondly, like sobeton said, the traffic flow, or lack thereof, was the worst. I was frustrated on top of being pissy, people kepg shoving their way through and bumping in to me. I think the phrase of the evening was: Can't people say excuse me, or am I one of like 5 people in here with manners? The HAVE to do something about that FAST. The layout of the place is also a little confusing. Kinda hard to figure out where you will end up when going up the stairs or where anything is for that matter.

Also, the bathrooms. When I went for the grand opening, a few of the latches were already broken!!! And that bright idea of seperating the mens from the womens by a dancefloor, does not work for me. I was constantly going to the wrong side of the place.

The patio: too flat. WAY too flat. I think they should have raised a section of it, so that you can see people dancing. That is one of the reasons that I like the patio concept, with the sunrise sessions. I want to see people dancing which you can't in the main room. VIP, since when did they start kicking out girls without bands? I never needed a band till this morning, and it wasn't even packed! So someone was nice enough to score a band, and I flicked off the VIP bouncers. :D

So enough of my gripes, now the good parts.

Ran into a lot of people, and met a few new faces. :) Always a pleasure to see you guys out there, and lots of fun.....

When we got there, James Zabiela was just tearing it up. Loved what he was throwing down, was very much my style, I REALLY need to get a black pair of Diesels. I didn't have my dancing shoes on and my feet are still hurting. Then Steve Lawler, he's the man. I LOVED him on the patio, and Ivano played his best in the longest. All in all a good night/day, just need to be better prepared. :)

FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING SHIT! .. I had a sweet review of the night until I hit submit reply and the internet demons whisked it away to oblivion :mad2:

I'll make it short and sweet ...

I had a great fucking time.. James Zabiela was on fucking point - dropped down too many unidentifyable tracks.. He did drop down that King Unique track Ramon mentioned and blew up the place.. also dropped down this wicked Evil Nine track that escapes me right now.. that kid is def. something special.. kudos to Space for the booking

Roland was off the hinges on the patio.. two thumbs up as always.. His mastery of the patio is unmatched and unparallel.. My vote goes to Sunrise Sessions now.. not now.. right now

Good seeing so many industry folk abroad and a special thanks to the Space kru for the hospitality: Roland, Biz Martinez, Diego, Rocky and big big up's to Shawn working the door.. To my peeps.. (Leo Luv, Erin, James, Joe, Vacom, Tom from Vibe (Gainesville), Rick and company, Dan, Shroomy, Koky, Jackie and Sobeton (DAMMIT, I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DO IT - AGAIN!) .... I saw Andrew Thomas in the hizzy with his 50$ sneakers ;) and it was also good seeing that cutie dkb377 again! :tongue:

sorry if I missed anyone - I wasnt completely soberrrrrrr.. errrr, actually I was :) .. till the next time

Originally posted by beenieman

The Crackheads/homeless people in the area around Space are killing us!!!.... Had my car broken into.. and stereo stolen last night!! I am sure you guys can spend all that cover charge $$$$ on a few extra $8/hour security guards in golf carts to make sure your patrons are safe!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

--We should feel safe when coming to Space!!!, Not, making a mad dash from car to front door to avoid being harassed/robbed by crackheads!!

I almost got into a scrap last night with two bums that crept up behind me while I was walking back to my car... They kept following me until I turned around and confronted them (which is something I would not suggest for you normal people) .. I found it wierd b/c it's never happened to me before.. be careful!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Ok, WHEW! I'm finally home.....

I will start with my gripes cause they are actually still bugging the crap outta me.

First and foremost: HUGE f*ck you to Stefan for closing the list before 1am, like Koky said. We were about 10 people away from the entrance when he decided to be a d*ckhead, and when I went up there immediately afterward, he STILL said no list, even though he saw that we were right there, and had been waiting since 12:20. That put me in a pissy mood for a WHILE...

Secondly, like sobeton said, the traffic flow, or lack thereof, was the worst. I was frustrated on top of being pissy, people kepg shoving their way through and bumping in to me. I think the phrase of the evening was: Can't people say excuse me, or am I one of like 5 people in here with manners? The HAVE to do something about that FAST. The layout of the place is also a little confusing. Kinda hard to figure out where you will end up when going up the stairs or where anything is for that matter.

Also, the bathrooms. When I went for the grand opening, a few of the latches were already broken!!! And that bright idea of seperating the mens from the womens by a dancefloor, does not work for me. I was constantly going to the wrong side of the place.

The patio: too flat. WAY too flat. I think they should have raised a section of it, so that you can see people dancing. That is one of the reasons that I like the patio concept, with the sunrise sessions. I want to see people dancing which you can't in the main room. VIP, since when did they start kicking out girls without bands? I never needed a band till this morning, and it wasn't even packed! So someone was nice enough to score a band, and I flicked off the VIP bouncers. :D

So enough of my gripes, now the good parts.

Ran into a lot of people, and met a few new faces. :) Always a pleasure to see you guys out there, and lots of fun.....

When we got there, James Zabiela was just tearing it up. Loved what he was throwing down, was very much my style, I REALLY need to get a black pair of Diesels. I didn't have my dancing shoes on and my feet are still hurting. Then Steve Lawler, he's the man. I LOVED him on the patio, and Ivano played his best in the longest. All in all a good night/day, just need to be better prepared. :)

ok you have more bads then goods to say, I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you,

YOU ARE NOW BANNED FROM SPACE!!!!!

Sorry... move on...!

The Office Space Banned Party will take place this summer!

It's in the works! ;)

Amazing beats last night.. James Zabiela.. very funky, mad deck skills... a little different than usaul sat's at space..... I enjoyed it alot!!

Mr. Lawler threw down a great set.. (thanks for the comped entrance steve).. Bangin away on his drums!!! dark/dirty

--COMPLAINT:::: MR. PUIG!!!! The Crackheads/homeless people in the area around Space are killing us!!!.... Had my car broken into.. and stereo stolen last night!! I am sure you guys can spend all that cover charge $$$$ on a few extra $8/hour security guards in golf carts to make sure your patrons are safe!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

--We should feel safe when coming to Space!!!, Not, making a mad dash from car to front door to avoid being harassed/robbed by crackheads!!

i dunno where the hell you guys are parking but if you pay the $10 to park you shouldnt have a problem.. i always make sure i park close to where the cash collectors from the parking are chillin at .. & about being harrassed & robbed by crackheads ?? thats ridiculous.. you can usually take one out by the slap of a hand :laugh: :laugh: they are either too fucked up or too weak to do anything anyways.. :laugh:

Amazing beats last night.. James Zabiela.. very funky, mad deck skills... a little different than usaul sat's at space..... I enjoyed it alot!!

Mr. Lawler threw down a great set.. (thanks for the comped entrance steve).. Bangin away on his drums!!! dark/dirty

--COMPLAINT:::: MR. PUIG!!!! The Crackheads/homeless people in the area around Space are killing us!!!.... Had my car broken into.. and stereo stolen last night!! I am sure you guys can spend all that cover charge $$$$ on a few extra $8/hour security guards in golf carts to make sure your patrons are safe!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

i dunno where the hell you guys are parking but if you pay the $10 to park you shouldnt have a problem.. i always make sure i park close to where the cash collectors from the parking are chillin at .. & about being harrassed & robbed by crackheads ?? thats ridiculous.. you can usually take one out by the slap of a hand :laugh: :laugh: they are either too fucked up or too weak to do anything anyways.. :laugh:

Originally posted by koky

yea but not to fucked up to break into your car and steel you shit.:idea:

A little late on my review, but I'm still recovering from the weekend. First a good night at Maze and thhe next day one hell of a party for Steve Lawler. I must say Steve drown down a great set. The reason being, I haven't heard a majority of the tracks he played, which is good. James Zabiela was good, he definitely has his own style. His style is something we don't hear at Space oftern. And of course, Oscar G. , lets just say he never disappoints. Hard and nasty closing set. Overall, it was great night b/c a huge group of us went out and got trashed, so that was fun. I'm getting use to new Space 34 but I agree with everyone about the main floor congestion. It needs to be fixed. Thanx once again Biz for the reservation. Everthing turned out great. Next on the agenda, Saeed & Palash. :eek::D

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by nexusgroove

ok you have more bads then goods to say, I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you,

YOU ARE NOW BANNED FROM SPACE!!!!!

Sorry... move on...!

The Office Space Banned Party will take place this summer!

It's in the works! ;)

Nexus, they can go ahead and ban me from space......it will just take about 8 or 9 months for them to enforce it. And besides, Since I have been going there for the past year, practically every sat/sun, and when I used to go to Spin EVERY friday, you'd think that that jackass Stefan would be able to recognize me by now. So you see, it really isn't much of a problem getting in. :D

Oh, POD, what the hell is the deal with the cooljunkie forum site? I registered, and logged in with the password they emailed me, and when I go to a different page, I'm just a guest! :blown:

Where are those pics MR?!?!?! Dying to see how they came out. AND I have a bone to pick with you, you never made it to Lime Bar. Slacker. You too Mr. Koky. By the way, thanks for bringing me my purse. *muah*

Originally posted by digital7

I almost got into a scrap last night with two bums that crept up behind me while I was walking back to my car... They kept following me until I turned around and confronted them

These were no bums. It was me and Sandy C.

Originally posted by digital7

FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING SHIT! .. I had a sweet review of the night until I hit submit reply and the internet demons whisked it away to oblivion :mad2:

I'll make it short and sweet ...

I had a great fucking time.. James Zabiela was on fucking point - dropped down too many unidentifyable tracks.. He did drop down that King Unique track Ramon mentioned and blew up the place.. also dropped down this wicked Evil Nine track that escapes me right now.. that kid is def. something special.. kudos to Space for the booking

Roland was off the hinges on the patio.. two thumbs up as always.. His mastery of the patio is unmatched and unparallel.. My vote goes to Sunrise Sessions now.. not now.. right now

Good seeing so many industry folk abroad and a special thanks to the Space kru for the hospitality: Roland, Biz Martinez, Diego, Rocky and big big up's to Shawn working the door.. To my peeps.. (Leo Luv, Erin, James, Joe, Vacom, Tom from Vibe (Gainesville), Rick and company, Dan, Shroomy, Koky, Jackie and Sobeton (DAMMIT, I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DO IT - AGAIN!) .... I saw Andrew Thomas in the hizzy with his 50$ sneakers ;) and it was also good seeing that cutie dkb377 again! :tongue:

sorry if I missed anyone - I wasnt completely soberrrrrrr.. errrr, actually I was :) .. till the next time

I almost got into a scrap last night with two bums that crept up behind me while I was walking back to my car... They kept following me until I turned around and confronted them (which is something I would not suggest for you normal people) .. I found it wierd b/c it's never happened to me before.. be careful!

;)

Yes indeed, lawler rocked the house!!!:D

Towards the end of his set in the main room, he just kept dropping NASTY DARK TRIBAL PROG!!!!!!!!!! His music sounds sooooo good and goes perfect in the both rooms at space!!! Although i couldnt id as many tracks as his past performances, i can always groove to new tunes!!!! I do think the crowd was lacking(prob cuz of that new 7am rule), and they werent dancing as hard as they should have... i know there was a moment that lawler was slamming the patio, but only ones in front of the dj booth were jumping, and the rest of the dancefloor was just bobbing around...:(

Thankfully, ivano picked up were lawler left off, and held on to the feeling left in the patio by lawler!!!! I dont care what you guys think, IVANO has skillz, hey might not be as underground as roland or oscar, or have the people skillz that those two have, but there IS a reason he is still there as sunrise sessions resident. I just think many of you are followers to others who's taste just doesnt go well with ivano's style... He's just hit/miss, which is not good for a dj cuz it makes peeps worry when he takes over the decks..

nice seeing the cp folk, and meeting tired and mjm420!!!

PS itll be 420 next time bro;)

i was in miami for the weekend went to check out lawler becasue last time i saw him was over a year ago at Vinyl. the sound at space sux and lawler set sucked to much tech house and hard tribal, hes a dj that i will have to scratch of my list of dj's to see. it seems like the whole club is VIP what kinda shit is that. their were alot of beautiful girls i think alot hotter ones than in NYC. anyways i think next time im down in miami i will stay away from space. overall had a decent time in miami, love the warm weather.

till next time

i was in miami for the weekend went to check out lawler becasue last time i saw him was over a year ago at Vinyl. the sound at space sux and lawler set sucked to much tech house and hard tribal, hes a dj that i will have to scratch of my list of dj's to see. it seems like the whole club is VIP what kinda shit is that. their were alot of beautiful girls i think alot hotter ones than in NYC. anyways i think next time im down in miami i will stay away from space. overall had a decent time in miami, love the warm weather.

till next time

I THINK STEVE LAWLER ROCKED IT...BUT I WOULD SAY HE'S BETTER IN THE PATIO. THAT MAIN ROOM IS ROCKED CONSISTANTLY EVERY SAT. BY OSCAR G., SO ITS HARD FOR SOMEONE TO MATCH UP TO HIS ABILITY IMO. HE TEARS THE ROOF OF THAT PLACE EVERY TIME HE PLAYS.

Originally posted by hmnyc

till next time

Blah blah blah blah too much tech house too much tribal. That's what Lawler is known for! Do your homework beforehand...you don't go to PvD to hear breakbeats do you?

As for the sound sounding horrid, what basis do you have for saying that? Don't give me that Twilo crap either because it's been closed for 3 years now and other clubs have set the new standard in sound, including Space 34, Maze, and Arc up your way.

Now I'm not being a propaganda minister for Space or anything, but I hate it when someone comes on and posts like you just did.

Maaaaan, Pod cracks me up!!! :laugh:

And, I'm in love with Stefan, however irritable and sometimey he may be! LOL! Shit!!!!! :mad: Aside from that, I am back in Philly tending to the fam and so upset that I missed this weekend! Should be back on the 20th (maybe), Koky and The Hog it was so nice to meet you both at Maze last week!! 24th, Deep Dish, no doubt! Holla atcha gurrrrrrrrrl! ;)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by sheendawg

And, I'm in love with Stefan, however irritable and sometimey he may be! LOL! Shit!!!!! :mad: Aside from that, I am back in Philly tending to the fam and so upset that I missed this weekend! Should be back on the 20th (maybe), Koky and The Hog it was so nice to meet you both at Maze last week!! 24th, Deep Dish, no doubt! Holla atcha gurrrrrrrrrl! ;)

Stafan, irritable? I WISH that was the only problem with that asshole.

POD, quitcher bitchin and tell me what the hell is wrong with coolkunkie!

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by pod

just go to the forums, create an account, and you're fine!

I already did that my dear. I'm a little smarter than I look. I also got the password email and everything. Thing is that when I log in, its fine then when I go to any other page, i'm only a guest! Kinda like its not storing the cookies, but I don't have that problem with any other site.

Originally posted by sheendawg

Good to meet you sheendawg.

Will deff. have to hang for DD @ Space.:cool:

had one of the best times EVER at Space--Lawler is unreal, his patio set was crazy!!! it was nice to meet LP for the first time--such a nice person!!! Biz, thanks again for your kindness!!!

LAWLER CLOSED HIS PATIO SET WITH "CAN'T EXPLAIN"!!!!! that was the highlight for me!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to make another trip back up!!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Stafan, irritable? I WISH that was the only problem with that asshole.

POD, quitcher bitchin and tell me what the hell is wrong with coolkunkie!

LOL, he's that bad???? I think he's gorgeous and I just drool everytime I see him. Them brown boys get me every time! :laugh:

The Hog!!!! I will PM you when it's time for me to come down so we can meet up beforehand!! :D

Originally posted by pod

Blah blah blah blah too much tech house too much tribal. That's what Lawler is known for! Do your homework beforehand...you don't go to PvD to hear breakbeats do you?

As for the sound sounding horrid, what basis do you have for saying that? Don't give me that Twilo crap either because it's been closed for 3 years now and other clubs have set the new standard in sound, including Space 34, Maze, and Arc up your way.

Now I'm not being a propaganda minister for Space or anything, but I hate it when someone comes on and posts like you just did.

if you listen to lawlers Dark Drums Cd's and Nu Breed its all tribal. His latest shit like lights out tour is all tech house its terrible. I like his old style but i don't think i will go and see him after a night like this for a while. The sound at space sux i can sit in front of the speaker at Arc all night and my ears will not be ringing, and i wasn't standing around any speakers so you figure it out. The Dj @ Blue spun better than lawler...

peace