Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" - The history of the DJ

I started reading this book last night and it's really informative. Goes straight to the roots and works its way up. I like it because it goes thru the history of not only EDM but also hiphop.

Each genre of EDM ie. Techno, House, etc. are broken down into thier own chapters, it doens't flow from chapter to chapter as I expected, but each chapter starts with the beginning of that genre.

The only thing I don't like about the book is the last chapter, "the superstar DJ" It's all about Oakenjoke and how he gets "into character" I thought it was bullshit cause I have seen oakenfallover, and he sucks for "getting into character" He stands there.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

speaking of Croakenbloke, I listened to his Oslo cd again the other day. I think that and the GU NY cd I don't mind at all. The rest of his stuff is blech.

I really don't like the guy.

It's all about his demeanor now more than anything. It's like MJ, he's a great a artist but he has blown it with his personality. I usually don't care about things like that, but when I see you making an ass out of yourself, I don't want to be associated with you.

Originally posted by therunner

I started reading this book last night and it's really informative. Goes straight to the roots and works its way up. I like it because it goes thru the history of not only EDM but also hiphop.

Each genre of EDM ie. Techno, House, etc. are broken down into thier own chapters, it doens't flow from chapter to chapter as I expected, but each chapter starts with the beginning of that genre.

The only thing I don't like about the book is the last chapter, "the superstar DJ" It's all about Oakenjoke and how he gets "into character" I thought it was bullshit cause I have seen oakenfallover, and he sucks for "getting into character" He stands there.

I read this book about 3 years ago. It's a great book for those of you who really want to learn about the history of DJ's, spinning, turntablism, etc...

keep in mind that this was written a few years ago so the section on superstar DJ's is dated...

Originally posted by therunner

I will still hang with you.

But no more Booty dancing. :rolleyes:

Look, I'm sure that not having a sizable booty to shake is a bit of a drawback, but with a little more practice...

And for that matter, nobody takes a whiz on your dream of becoming a superstar dj, don't whiz on my dreams, ok?

I can be somebody. I can be a superstar booty shaker in the booty room at code. Now back off.

Originally posted by nourishment

Look, I'm sure that not having a sizable booty to shake is a bit of a drawback, but with a little more practice...

And for that matter, nobody takes a whiz on your dream of becoming a superstar dj, don't whiz on my dreams, ok?

I can be somebody. I can be a superstar booty shaker in the booty room at code. Now back off.

Ok OK, don't hold back.

Maybe you need to start eating better, add a few more cheeseburgers a day to add some "mass to dat ass".