Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Space opening in New York- Comments?

malandrisimo

Club Space to open in Southampton, New York

Club Space to open in Southampton, NY Club Space, Miami nightlife's revolutionary establishment in the Downtown area known as Park West, a warehouse district previously used for servicing the old Port of Miami, is set to devout on on Memorial Day Weekend and run for 15 continuous weeks this summer in Southampton, NY. The grand opening is on Saturday May26th. The Southampton venue will be similar in size, theme, music (house, trance, hip hop) and intensity to the Downtown Miami Venue. The 15,000 square foot night club will cater to more than 1,500 people at one time. All new powerful EAW Sound System has been installed by GSA Systems of New York. Club Space will be located on 54 East Montauk Hwy., Southampton, NY 11968. For an invitation to the opening, please contact Club Space via e-mail hamptons@clubspace.com or office telephone (631) 726 1999.

indeed im happy for ny, however, whats the deal with space->miami? their has been a dry spell w' outside talent coming. i visited the website the other day and the only two that are scheduled is jp cwm8.gif and deepdish. dont get me wrong, im not knocking our local dj's but....

now, talk among yourselves smile.gif

Originally posted by Nolimit:

this can be a great thing for the hamptons. i just hope they don't go the commercial route.

I agree but considering that the Hamptons club scene only operates from Memorial Day to Labor Day I don't think they'll lose too much momentum. At least I hope they don't.

i hear u stacey. my friends are talking about that dry spell too. ever since the conference, there weren't any BIG djs booked to play at space. the next night is july 3rd and that's cuz it's a renaissance/bliss event.

space needs to stop being cheap, dish out some dough, and get these bigger djs along with local talent and take it to a higher level.

timing would be off considering it's off-season now. maybe they'll start preparations in the late summer to be ready for next season.

do what twilo is doing. offer these big djs monthly and bi-monthly residencies. there would be something for everyone on any given weekend. i.e. sven vath/plastikman for the techno heads, doc martin/josh wink for the house heads, and pvd/tiesto for the trance heads. adam freeland/craig richards/lee burridge for the funky break heads.

they say that variety is the spice of life. u can have it all there and that's the way it should be.

just my take on it...

diego, well put. i understand its "off" season now but when is it really in season? good talent is often scarce down here whether your in or off season. personally, i i dont think any venue gets consistent talent. such a shame, great venues but what have owners done with them? i guess, that's why i havent gone out that much since conference frown.gif tho, i will be at howells...

Originally posted by staceyg5:

diego, well put. i understand its "off" season now but when is it really in season? good talent is often scarce down here whether your in or off season. personally, i i dont think any venue gets consistent talent. such a shame, great venues but what have owners done with them? i guess, that's why i havent gone out that much since conference frown.gif tho, i will be at howells...

...hence, this is why you should come home.

cwm1.gif

------------------

~ you see house is a feeling ~

~ the dj, the music, and me ~

Originally posted by Nolimit:

i hear u stacey. my friends are talking about that dry spell too. ever since the conference, there weren't any BIG djs booked to play at space. the next night is july 3rd and that's cuz it's a renaissance/bliss event.

space needs to stop being cheap, dish out some dough, and get these bigger djs along with local talent and take it to a higher level.

timing would be off considering it's off-season now. maybe they'll start preparations in the late summer to be ready for next season.

do what twilo is doing. offer these big djs monthly and bi-monthly residencies. there would be something for everyone on any given weekend. i.e. sven vath/plastikman for the techno heads, doc martin/josh wink for the house heads, and pvd/tiesto for the trance heads. adam freeland/craig richards/lee burridge for the funky break heads.

they say that variety is the spice of life. u can have it all there and that's the way it should be.

just my take on it...

What is this nolimit is getthing open minded on music. about time he opens his ears & eyes

mr funk sounds kind of nice nolimit.I just try to be nice to my miami club people. same thing with u when people from miami goes to ny u like to tell them about clubs and try to hook them up on a <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> for they dont have to pay full price or get reduce.U help others & others will help u in return. cwm30.gif

I have good news for you ladies and gents...since the unfortunate closing of twilo will probably carry at least into the middle of June, Paul Van Dyke will be spinning at Space instead of June 7th at twilo so you're all very lucky to have Space...now I'm wishin I was going back for the summer

It's more of a temporary thing up there, they didn't buy a dedicated venue or anything...plus, I highly doubt Space Hamptons will have the same operating hours as our Space. Probably piss off The Great Gatsby and co. on their yachts.

some promo. company rents the venue for a night so the kids can party. It's not a 'Space' event as such. It's happened like 5 times already, it's usually not heavily promoted outside of the little raver kid circles.

Archived