Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto @ Roxy review

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

okay the opening dj sucked and should just have not played because his music was really boring and made me sleepy.

to say Noel Sanger sucked is mad ignorant. His style may not be to your liking, but the mans mixing was great and a lot of it had the crowd warming up, which basically when he's spinning before tiesto, he is supposed to be doing anyway.

Originally posted by snarfgirl22

nice seeing lizzy, ronin, mikey...:D

word up sweetie :cool:

Originally posted by xvinylgurlx

wtf... 40 bux for 3 hours???? he didnt even play silence!!

last time I checked it was 2-6 which = 4. And don't complain about ticket prices when they were $30 for weeks in advance.

Originally posted by biatchzxz

Oh yeah nice to meet you guys Ronin, and bugout

you too man

and to the lurkers who I know are reading this, I think your name was Christina and your boyfriend(I missed your name)... come join the fun on CP. You're already addicted to reading the site, so step up and start posting :tongue:

Originally posted by Ronin

and to the lurkers who I know are reading this, I think your name was Christina and your boyfriend(I missed your name)... come join the fun on CP. You're already addicted to reading the site, so step up and start posting :tongue:

yaaaaaa her bf id'ed silverbath lol :) and she knew all the words to southern sun!!!

Originally posted by Ronin

to say Noel Sanger sucked is mad ignorant. His style may not be to your liking, but the mans mixing was great and a lot of it had the crowd warming up, which basically when he's spinning before tiesto, he is supposed to be doing anyway.

word up sweetie :cool:

last time I checked it was 2-6 which = 4. And don't complain about ticket prices when they were $30 for weeks in advance.

you too man

ronin tell them how it is lol

Originally posted by slyonspromos

Great night with great music selection place was packed when i got there at 11 there was really no line. Noel spun till about 2 than every1 started chanting tiestos name. I have never been in a club with that much vibe. He didnt play flight 643 or silence which suxed but he made up for it with urban train Once again I will hold my grudge against made events because place was still packed at 6 and tiesto stopped spinning he could have went for another 3-4 hours easily. Nice meeting new heads off the board and every1 else i knew. I rocked my nyc loves tiesto shirt im going to bed now what did every1 else think.

YO Bro i was def feelin your shirt... i actually told u when i was on stage outside that little velvet rope... ( you might not remember but i was rockin a white button down crinkle shirt with a flower pattern... it was open cuz the place was so damn hot) it was you me and some tall asian kid talking about his tracks while some girls got let in the rope to meet TIESTO ... haha i guess u had to be female to get past security... my girlfriend actually got to talk to him for a bit... lucky girl all she had to do was flirt w/ one of the securtiy guyz and she was in

Overall great night, great vibe, great time ... let me know next time ur hittin up a tiesto concert kid... once again props on the shirt.... laaaate

Definitely a good night. Nice meeting a few new people, and seeing some familiar faces too. I thought Noel Sanger did a really good job, exactly what he was supposed to do as an opener. I'd take him any day over Luis Diaz. Stayed until close, and he picked it up and closed nicely.

Tiesto dropped a lot of bombs, some new, some old. I'm almost 100% sure I heard all these songs, but I'm sure I may be off on one or two.

Mindcircus

Urban Train

Lethal Industry

Southern Sun

Venus

Inca

Tic Toc

Never

Urban Shakedown

Airwave 2003(Breathing)

Die Another Day (Tiesto Mix), but without the vocal???

And I feel like he dropped a Thrillseekers track, but the name or Alias name is totally escaping me on it. Last hour or so was nuts.

And was it me, or was Tiesto having some techical difficulties at one point in the night....the volume or the eqs were all fucked up in a bad way for a track or two?

4 hours was definitely a little dissapointing, but Sanger closed it out strong, so I was happy.

lol, funniest thing of the night was a Draper sighting behind the stage towards the end of the night. Totally random, I'm sure a lot of you guys are pissed you missed out.

no i dont htink having an opinion is ignorant. i thought he was unoriginal and boring and sleepy. i dont care if he is an opening act or not or how it should be, i didnt think any of his skills were all that amazing either.

and to say that place wasnt packed.. it DEFINITELY was, they were at capacity because when we were leaving at 4 the guards at the exit would radio down to the front door how many were leaving so they could let more up.

Zeekker I think the thrillseekers song u were thinking of was Rapid Eye - circa forever....by the way.....are my friends and I the only ones who appreciated Salt tank - Eugina (Micheal woods mix)? He suprised the hell out of me when he played it...it's my fav trance song of all time...that made my night.

there was no madonna - die another day(tiesto remix or dub mix) played at all during the evening. I would have lost my mind if it was and was rather dissapointed that he didnt play it. I think cause it was leaked out this week that he is retiring it. didn't play it at the concert either.

Originally posted by crazyfly

YO Bro i was def feelin your shirt... i actually told u when i was on stage outside that little velvet rope... ( you might not remember but i was rockin a white button down crinkle shirt with a flower pattern... it was open cuz the place was so damn hot) it was you me and some tall asian kid talking about his tracks while some girls got let in the rope to meet TIESTO ... haha i guess u had to be female to get past security... my girlfriend actually got to talk to him for a bit... lucky girl all she had to do was flirt w/ one of the securtiy guyz and she was in

Overall great night, great vibe, great time ... let me know next time ur hittin up a tiesto concert kid... once again props on the shirt.... laaaate

yea i remember you I actually did what the bouncer said and went around to the other side and got in and got to talk to him he didnt have a marker so he didnt get to sign my shirt :(

Originally posted by njitpimp

Zeekker I think the thrillseekers song u were thinking of was Rapid Eye - circa forever....by the way.....are my friends and I the only ones who appreciated Salt tank - Eugina (Micheal woods mix)? He suprised the hell out of me when he played it...it's my fav trance song of all time...that made my night.

no i loveeee that song:) first time i heard him at exit he played it...loved it!

Originally posted by njitpimp

ah yes. That was definitely the one. Thanks.

Oh, btw, going by your screen name, I definitely met you last night. I was hanging out and chatting with a group of NJIT guys right in front of the stage.

HA HA .....you caught me! LOL :D Well I guess I'm half way to posting since I finally set up the account! I hope you and all your friends had fun at Tiesto. As you could probably tell, Sean and I had a great time! It was cool to talk with you. See ya next time.

Christina :)

Originally posted by peanut643

HA HA .....you caught me! LOL :D Well I guess I'm half way to posting since I finally set up the account! I hope you and all your friends had fun at Tiesto. As you could probably tell, Sean and I had a great time! It was cool to talk with you. See ya next time.

Christina :)

:rock: :rock: :rock: Lurkers coming out of the closet! :)

Liking the screen name and definitely see you guys around next time.

Tiesto played a sick set… no question about it. But it’s not TIESTO that I have negative reviews for, I don’t think I ever will. It’s the Roxy the was not up to par.

I heard him in Miami @ Space. 15 minutes before he was suppose to go on the chanting started and did not stop. People were on shoulders going nuts… The Roxy they cheered for about a minute as if he was a resident there every Friday!! And then you invite the best DJ in the world to the Roxy only to give him technique difficulties on the first record. The Phazon was a 6, I have heard that system bump so MUCH louder. The crowd…WEAK… I was coming to see TIESTO…but where the hell were the GIRLS????? I’m serious there were maybe 2 hot girls there the whole night. I miss the sexy crowd so much, the man JV was there. NO ONE WAS DANCING!! Yah, It was packed but still, no circles no nothing. He drops Lethal Industry and the place keeps swaying from left to right…Who Sways to Lethal Industry, smokesum maybe, but what the hell … when he dropped that beat in S.BEACH the place went absolutely nuts… I’m talking out of control!! Slyonspromos, you come out side after Tiesto leaves and instead of saying Nice set, thanks, sick night, you yell… “Why no Flight 643, what’s the deal with that” lol. I wondered why there was no encore, then when I heard that outside I realized why. As if the people were tired after 4 hours, gave a clap here and there…What the Fuck!!

Tiesto did his part… I was disappointed in the crowd but my boys and I definitely had a blast.

Originally posted by zoolander

Tiesto played a sick set… no question about it. But it’s not TIESTO that I have negative reviews for, I don’t think I ever will. It’s the Roxy the was not up to par.

I heard him in Miami @ Space. 15 minutes before he was suppose to go on the chanting started and did not stop. People were on shoulders going nuts… The Roxy they cheered for about a minute as if he was a resident there every Friday!! And then you invite the best DJ in the world to the Roxy only to give him technique difficulties on the first record. The Phazon was a 6, I have heard that system bump so MUCH louder. The crowd…WEAK… I was coming to see TIESTO…but where the hell were the GIRLS????? I’m serious there were maybe 2 hot girls there the whole night. I miss the sexy crowd so much, the man JV was there. NO ONE WAS DANCING!! Yah, It was packed but still, no circles no nothing. He drops Lethal Industry and the place keeps swaying from left to right…Who Sways to Lethal Industry, smokesum maybe, but what the hell … when he dropped that beat in S.BEACH the place went absolutely nuts… I’m talking out of control!! Slyonspromos, you come out side after Tiesto leaves and instead of saying Nice set, thanks, sick night, you yell… “Why no Flight 643, what’s the deal with that” lol. I wondered why there was no encore, then when I heard that outside I realized why. As if the people were tired after 4 hours, gave a clap here and there…What the Fuck!!

Tiesto did his part… I was disappointed in the crowd but my boys and I definitely had a blast.

:laugh:

i dont sway....i fall asleep

I agree, the crowd was not up to par that night. I think maybe because the place was so damn hot? Not sure but around 5-6, it seemed the ppl int the crowd were either just swaying or just to fucked up to dance. It seemed Tiesto didnt leave a happy DJ at am. That sucks cuz maybe he'll come less frequently than usual. It had more vibe than PVD back in October but less vibe than PVD in February.

All in all, it was a crazy night, but I was disappointed by such an abrupt exit from Tiesto, but given the crowd at that point, I don't blame him.