Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where is Peter Gatien

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's originally from Canada, and there was suppose to be a movie about him coming out... the movie "Club Kids" partly dealt with him since most of the things occured in his clubs.

His daughter lived in NYC... I think she was one of the people who worked on the new film about him.

I know he had to sell all of his clubs in nyc but does he own any clubs in Canada? or other places?

Originally posted by thrillfire

he's originally from Canada, and there was suppose to be a movie about him coming out... the movie "Club Kids" partly dealt with him since most of the things occured in his clubs.

His daughter lived in NYC... I think she was one of the people who worked on the new film about him.

I know he had to sell all of his clubs in nyc but does he own any clubs in Canada? or other places?

has mckaully kulkin or however you spell his name... its a story revolving around the incident that happened about a decade or more ago, over a promoter killing his partner and the whole controversy behind it

i thought it was supposed to be out by now?

I think you guys have got the names mixed up.

In my understanding, a move called "Party Monster" is the movie with McKauley Culikn playing the role of extravegant, rakish and charismatic club promoter named Micheal Alig (used to be the "it" man of promoters for clubs like the TUNNEL and LIMELIGHT), who later on killed a drug-dealer and braged about it on TV (if im not mistaking).

I guess there are references to Gatien in that movie.

Because i have no clue if there is a movie called CLub Kids about Gatien himself.

Rad_

Sorry, you're right its called Party Monsters and not the club kids..

Well, the guy who killed the drug dealer was hired by Peter to set up and promote parties until he fired the guy after his coke addiction got out of hand. They had a special about the case on City Confidential...

And than they arrested Peter and wanted Micheal to testify against him... obviously he didn't make a very good witness after the body of the chopped up drug dealer was found...

But I thought there was another more recent movie being made about Peter Gatien.... maybe i'm wrong... oh well....

They should, they did one about Studio 54.....

Originally posted by thrillfire

Sorry, you're right its called Party Monsters and not the club kids..

Well, the guy who killed the drug dealer was hired by Peter to set up and promote parties until he fired the guy after his coke addiction got out of hand. They had a special about the case on City Confidential...

And than they arrested Peter and wanted Micheal to testify against him... obviously he didn't make a very good witness after the body of the chopped up drug dealer was found...

But I thought there was another more recent movie being made about Peter Gatien.... maybe i'm wrong... oh well....

They should, they did one about Studio 54.....

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0320244

and no...no other movie is being made about Peter Gatien...you're wrong...oh well...

and in case you forgot there WAS one about 54 (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0120577)...and it blew more chuncks than me hitting you over the head with a street pole attached with part of the sidewalk it was cemented into...

What happended to the movie? When did it come out, or is it still scheduled to come out? I heard Gatien's daughter Jen used to date Michael Douglas's son Camron who used to DJ the VIP in the Limelight.

As for Peter Gatien, everything comes to an end, sucks that his was so sudden and media exagerated. Got to give one thing to him, he was a mina reason why NY has the nick name "The City That Never Sleeps." He definitley had some great venues.

Originally posted by turpentyine

so what hapened to gatien neway

why did they shut all his clubs down and what wrong did he do

because of the rampant drug use that was goin on in his clubs at the time. Plus he neglected to pay his taxes, pretty much the city wanted him out real bad and figured out what he did wrong and thus took him to court and now he is being deported becasue he is an illegal alien(canadian)

Sal

The shit that I saw at Tunnel was so crazy that when I try to explain it to people today they think that I am exaggerating.

But no way, that place was a fuking free for all.

One night I saw this guy and this chick (that really looked like strangers to me) doing bumps in the corner of Kurfew, then the started making out, etc... Before long this guy is getting head in front of like 40 people including the bouncer that sold us pills 3 hours earlier.

That kind of shit is what went on every night at Tunnel, and we need someone with Peter Gatien's combination of Balls and evil vision back in NYC.

u cant go back in time, and with all the crazy ness that went down a tunnel and limelight , look at all the people that are now DEAD

u cant party like that all the time,

PEOPLE DIE, from Suicide, MURDER< DRUGS, AIDS,

i would never wanna see that shit here again, as much fun as it was, it was done in a time that it could only be done in once,,

Things change, i wish ny would get a little more underground and add some color, but i dont want to see 15yr old kids, pushing needles in there amrs and hereing about another kid who has ANOTHER CASE Of HIV

To Every party there is a dark side,

oly>

That's true, there are repurcussions to that kind hapless partying, and maybe it was great to happen once.

And I think Jaysea is right that it can't go down like that again becuase we need to learn from pain. But there has to be a happy medium between THAT and the lolly-pop dance scene that has developed in the past few years with a few notable acceptions.

I rember Limelight + tunnel days in mid to late 90's, crazy shit, diversity, wild, fun, extravogant etc..

And refering today's mainstream clubs to the "lolly-pop dance scene" is a good analogy... hahaha

:party:

Rad_

Turpentyine- pick up Disco Bloodbath by James St. James and Clubland by Frank Owen if you really want to know all of this.

Also, on top of the Tunnel and the Limelight, Gatien also owned the Palladium.

And when is Party Monster coming out??? Last I heard it was supposed to release last month. Grrr... I hate waiting... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tastyt

Turpentyine- pick up Disco Bloodbath by James St. James and Clubland by Frank Owen if you really want to know all of this.

Also, on top of the Tunnel and the Limelight, Gatien also owned the Palladium.

And when is Party Monster coming out??? Last I heard it was supposed to release last month. Grrr... I hate waiting... :rolleyes:

i do believe PArty Monsters is and has been out for awhile, do a search for it and i think you will find a site where u can purchase it on VHS for like 20 bucks.

Sal