Surf Club.... MDW..... Sunday May 25th

Sergio Adam Gugino and Bill Darzanoff present

Surf Club Sundays

May 25th

ktulogo-white.jpg

KTU Live!

Broadcast from the Beach

Noon to 4pm

featuring the KTU music mixes, past & present, of Johnny Budz live on the patio from 12-4pm.

5pm Resident DJ Kirk Lopez opens up the Dance Floor for the Sunday Jam

9pm Guest DJ Johnny Maroney

www.surfclubnj.com

Why does someone book this Johnny Maroni character. I heard him 2 times, once at Sandbar and once at South Park. 1): The guy can't mix if his life depended on it, 2): his track slection blows, 3): he has no clue as to how to work the crowd, for the $100 dj that he is, put someone good on! Spend the extra $ and get a Sal Parm, Anthony Acid, Mike Mac, they'll draw and spin well...(I basically said those names cause I know Rydell, Santana, Tsetos, etc have already been booked at residencies.) A guest DJ is supposed to be someone who draws and pleases a crowd, no? Obviously Surf CLub being what it is well be packed,and I will def be there, but a dj like that is a waste...

The bookings at most N.J. clubs is all political. If you kiss up to some promoter you increase your chances of getting a guest spot. My friend was resident Saturday night D.J at Abyss for a year, not to mention he worked at Joey's in Clifton for two years, and he couldn't even get booked at the Surf.

Here is the lineup of guest DJs booked so far for this summer at Surf:

May 25th: DJ Johnny Maroney

June 1st: DJ's Joe Giorgio, The Moo & Prime

June 8th: 3 D Squared featuring DJ's Bugout, Joe Federico & Roveen

June 15th: DJ Joe Giorgio

June 22nd: MTV & KTU's DJ Skribble

June 29th: Jason Ojeda from Long Island, NYC & The Hamptons

July 6th: Mike Macaluso & Peter Bailey

July 13th: Oscar G from Club Space in Miami

July 20th: Teo T

Originally posted by joe81

Why does someone book this Johnny Maroni character. I heard him 2 times, once at Sandbar and once at South Park. 1): The guy can't mix if his life depended on it, 2): his track slection blows, 3): he has no clue as to how to work the crowd, for the $100 dj that he is, put someone good on! Spend the extra $ and get a Sal Parm, Anthony Acid, Mike Mac, they'll draw and spin well...(I basically said those names cause I know Rydell, Santana, Tsetos, etc have already been booked at residencies.) A guest DJ is supposed to be someone who draws and pleases a crowd, no? Obviously Surf CLub being what it is well be packed,and I will def be there, but a dj like that is a waste...

..i agree...heard him at sp...was't impressed.......

.....but whatever.....it's sun...MEM DAY WEEKEND.....he's the last one to go on....and everyone weill be heading to tempts later anyway....

Since I am the one that books all the entertainment at SURF let me go and defend my decision. First of all Johnny Maroney is a very good DJ. Those that were at SURF last Labor Day will agree. He also had a very successful party all winter at South Park on Saturdays. Next, yes he is my friend and for those who know me know that I will support a friend til I die. Last but not least, he is very knowledgable about the business and he is the only one I deal with that might have a better contact list then me. He helps me contact some of the bigger named DJs I use at SURF. Remember Robbie Rivera last year, how do u think I got him. Yeh he has played 5 times since he played the SURF but everyone made contact with him that night at the SURF. You talk to anyone that booked him after me and they will say the same thing before the SURF there was no way for people to get to this guy. Shit it went so well at SURF he had to get an agent from the NYC area to handle the demands. So back to the issue at hand, my summer schedule is one that the jersey shore has never seen before. I have at least 3 DJs that fall in the top 100 in the world according to DJ magazine. When was the last time a guy in the top 100 played the shore? Never!!! I know how good Johnny is and I think my summer lineup justifies that I know DJ talent. So everyone enjoy the summer and the music. It all starts this Sunday with DJ Johnny Maroney. See you there.

A guest DJ is supposed to be someone who draws and pleases a crowd, no? Obviously Surf CLub being what it is well be packed,and I will def be there, but a dj like that is a waste...

a waste in your opinion, you are one of hundreds of people who are, will and always go to SURF. this dj might not be to your liking but that DOES NOT mean everyone else thinks the same way. we are all entilted to our thoughts and that is what makes this message board so great but to write something like that is really one sided and unfair. maybe u heard him spin on one of his off nights or maybe there was no vibe in where he was spining because the crowd wasn't giving him anything to play off of. im sure the promoters of surf know what they are doing i mean look they have the best party of the summer for a sunday goin on , have a little faith and relax go with an open mind that the dj is going to be off the hook. no matter what i know you will have an amazing time there:D

just my 2 cents,:D

"Last but not least, he is very knowledgable about the business and he is the only one I deal with that might have a better contact list then me. He helps me contact some of the bigger named DJs I use at SURF. " by: Stigeleiro

Well I guess I got my answer, Listin I love Surf Club, and will go no matter what...Thats not the point or issue...But I guess you bring good bookings and you can book yourself! - but you state it a little better. Everyone is a friend if they have better contacts right?;) ;)

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

This Sunday there will also be a live performance by Oris Jay featuring Delsena singing their popular hit "Trippin' On You" and also debuting their latest single.

..nothing like starting off this summer with a song from the last one! lol...................:tongue: