Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami AllStars Party at 34 was a Big Hit!

sobeton

got to space around 2:00am Oscar G waging an assault on the dex. you know Oscar's pumped, when he’s bouncing around in the booth. chilled in the mainroom for awhile, really sick vibe. it wasn't as hectic on the floor as last week. pepz especially in front of the DJ booth;dancing their arses off. bounce over to the terrace Jimmy T, on the one and two’s laying it down smooth.. hit the mainroom again, Oscar still unleashing like a madd man. hit the patio again Roly’s on the dex, laying it down nasty.. once again I’m really feeling the vibe, early morning on the terrace.. the beats are smooth, and the pepz are totally feeling the beats. hit the mainroom once again,Stryke is on the dex.. all I can say is damn! Greg brought his A game nuff said! bounce back to the patio, Roly still going strong, he takes it out with two tracks from his CD.. sweet!

all in all one of the best nites, I have had at the new space thus far. starting to get real comfortable ,with the new building finally.:D big what up to cp pepz in the house reprezin Tony, Ramon, AT’s bro, Jackie, Jesse, Meli, Greg, Dan, and Danny (thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow bro. Lol)..

Big Thank you to Oscar, Roly, Greg, and Jimmy T for the beats. our locals are da bomb. LP and Biz should take a bow, they deserve it .. a very well done nite. !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH!... After rolling out of bed a couple of hours ago, I somehow mangaged to get on here and write a half assed review of last night..I'll second that one Sobeton.. It was defenitely the best time I've had in the new building aside from WMC ..

Got in around 2 and head str8 to the main room and heard Oscar tearing shit up proper like.. The room was packed to the brim and the crowd was going into a frenzy while O.G. was bouncing up and down.. Stayed there down there for a good 40 min listening to his set and even tried to say hi, but couldnt manage to get into the booth :( .. Oh well, atleast I saw him later on in the night.. two thumbs up on the Royksopp remix! that shit is killer plus whatever is in the works right now ;)

Big big up's to Jimmy Toural with the opening duties on the patio.. He set Roland up perfectly... His choice of quality choons were on point througout his whole set.. especially that Chus, Ceballos and Penn remix of off 20:20 Vision.. big up's Jimbo, you knocked them dead last night...

After Jimmy got off the tables, Roland got on and played a masterful set in the patio .. quite possible THE best set I've ever heard him play.. period. On fvcking point the whole night through and dropped down a shit load crowd pleasing choons.. Chus & Ceballos remix of Luzon, the new Timo Maas.. too many.. It was the best time I've had in the patio, hands down. I'd also like to see the patio with an opening DJ. Someone that could compliment Roland's style and could hand it off up here instead of having him start down there... I think it'll work wonderfully...

Stryke, what else can I say about this man that I havent said before?... He brings a TON OF ENERGY to the club and his essential selection of tracks is off the fvcking hinges! and his set last night was an indication of just that.. What the hell is Miami thinking when a talent like Stryke DOES NOT have a residency in Miami is beyond me? Techno is NOT the only thing that Stryke plays mind you... My vote goes to Stryke for Space afterhours...

I think that Space has been making a huge impact on what clubland listens to down here for the last couple of years. I feel that it's important for a club to educate the masses in all genre of muzik.. Space can do no wrong, and by being in that position, you can get creative and bring in different talent.. try different things and by doing so... you get much more exposure to the club both locally and worldwide... Having an Ovum party quarterly would be great idea, especially rise of techno lately .. having a quarterly drum and bass event would be very beneficial in revenue and exposure... having an offshoot deep house night would be stellar for the scene down here.. If you educate them, they will come....

I dont know? It's just a thought.. my 2 cents worth anyways

Originally posted by sobe2003

One of the weakest nights/days at Space ever! Crowd was minimal - music was not up to its usual par.

Looking forward to Deep Dish next week!

Huh? You just don't get it...

Originally posted by pod

Huh? You just don't get it...

I get it - just posted my opinion. The crowd was about 1/2 as it was for Lawler. I just didn't think the "All Star" night was that great.

It's my opinion/review - respect it - I'm not bashing yours or anyone else.

Originally posted by digital7

After Jimmy got off the tables, Roland got on and played a masterful set in the patio .. quite possible THE best set I've ever heard him play.. period. On fvcking point the whole night through and dropped down a shit load crowd pleasing choons.. Chus & Ceballos remix of Luzon, the new Timo Maas.. too many.. It was the best time I've had in the patio, hands down. I'd also like to see the patio with an opening DJ. Someone that could compliment Roland's style and could hand it off up here instead of having him start down there... I think it'll work wonderfully...

Stryke, what else can I say about this man that I havent said before?... He brings a TON OF ENERGY to the club and his essential selection of tracks is off the fvcking hinges! and his set last night was an indication of just that.. What the hell is Miami thinking when a talent like Stryke DOES NOT have a residency in Miami is beyond me? Techno is NOT the only thing that Stryke plays mind you... My vote goes to Stryke for Space afterhours...

I think that Space has been making a huge impact on what clubland listens to down here for the last couple of years. I feel that it's important for a club to educate the masses in all genre of muzik.. Space can do no wrong, and by being in that position, you can get creative and bring in different talent.. try different things and by doing so... you get much more exposure to the club both locally and worldwide... Having an Ovum party quarterly would be great idea, especially rise of techno lately .. having a quarterly drum and bass event would be very beneficial in revenue and exposure... having an offshoot deep house night would be stellar for the scene down here.. If you educate them, they will come....

I dont know? It's just a thought.. my 2 cents worth anyways

Agree with you Danny ... won't add anything new to what you said ...

Missed Jimmy's set :mad: ... somehow time flies ...

Going to Roland ... my impression and comment last nite was ... "Roly has got the hand of the terrace perfectly" ... you can feel his control and reads his crowd on the dot ... congratz bro ... well deserved success ...

Checked the major part of OG from the second floor ... in that balcony between the enrances to the vips ... I won't say anything new with this ... he controlled his crowd and just blew them once ... and again and again ... very nice set and awesome build up of energy for Greg ... had the chance to visit the dj booth for the first time ... pure class :eek:

Was able to hang for about an hour of Greg's set ... he looked like a space engineer ... checking his toys for his first set at Space ... you could feel his adrenaline ... sick ... sick ... nothing new ... but to see him at the new Space was simply a privilege ... got those german chicks just dancin' their arses off ...

great nite ... too bad this happens only once a month ... :hat:

"All Star Nite" @ Space... Good idea!!!! The music was off the chain... Oscar was bouncing in the booth like never before (I loved every minute of it)... Got to chill w/ Roland in the booth & he ripped it up hardcore, crowd was going wild... Overall I really liked hearing the local talent... It finally feels like home at the new place/Space :D .....

Sobe2003, what I mean is that the crowd size doesn't matter, you can still have good DJs and not have a huge crowd. Several good DJs were present that night...the opener, Gaby Fain was fantastic in the main room...of course Oscar was on point, and Stryke closed it out in true afterhours fashion (hard and fast...)...not to mention Jimmy and Roland upstairs. Except for Oscar, they're not at the stature of Steve Lawler, but for their status, the crowd was a great size.

No crowd?

IMG_9925a.jpg

Looks fairly crowded to me...as you said, not as crowded as Lawler, but I'm sure Space 34 was successful last night.

"All Star Nite" @ Space... Good idea!!!! The music was off the chain... Oscar was bouncing in the booth like never before (I loved every minute of it)... Got to chill w/ Roland in the booth & he ripped it up hardcore, crowd was going wild... Overall I really liked hearing the local talent... It finally feels like home at the new place/Space .....
Couldn't of said it better myself...

great night at space 34. I only have one thing to say about this night...OSCAR "mothaf----n" G. ...this guy just brings the house down everytime he plays. Space is very fortunate to have a d.j. of this magnitude as their resident.

I heard through a couple of people that OSCAR G. will be playing the sunrise sessions this coming saturday. Looking forward to hearing him on the patio for afterhours. Any of you who were there for the music conference know how he rocked that patio on the last day when he, danny howells, sasha, and deep dish played.:eek:

Space 34 is starting to feel like home.:cool:

after leaving maze, i drove all the way home but didn't have keys so after banging on the window for 5 min's trying to wake my fiance up, i had to go to space to find my friend who had my keys.

ended up on the patio at 6 and stayed til 9. i had a good time. even though i'm not into house, i was drunk enough to enjoy it.

my friend was in from scotland and he danced hs ass off. says he might even move here!

it was fun seeing some old friends, but most people say they miss the coziness of the old space. and that place wasn't very cozy. thanks for the fun.

We had them at the old Space and had to get rid of them due to the humidity they produce when mixed with the sun and the heat. Once that cold water evaporates (less than 5 minutes) you are not only hot but you are also damp. Heat without humidity like in Vegas is not as bad as the heat with humidity we have in Miami. There is nothing like dancing in the sun in 90 degree Miami heat covered in those hot, wet, cigarette smoke smelling clothes that you being wearing all night. Yummy!

LP

Guest saleen351

Spacious your promoters got kicked out a few clubs on beach for passing flyers out in them...

Good Job!

Originally posted by saleen351

Spacious your promoters got kicked out a few clubs on beach for passing flyers out in them...

Good Job!

yeah that is low class passing out space flyers at Maze.:blown:

glad LP made this decision to let the "locals" tear Space 34 apart...Gabby Fain did a really good job of getting the blue room warm for Oscar...Oscar as usual did a great job of tearing that room to pieces and Stryke was destroying the room as i was leaving Space...

the patio? WAS PLAIN SICK!!!!! Jimmy T played a very nice smooth set and left the Patio in a frenzy...then Roly took over and destroyed that patio!!! great vibe in the patio and inside the blue room...overall one of the best all locals night i have heard at Space in a long time...i hope LP wants to make this a habit from now on...:idea:

Originally posted by spacious

Great turn out. We thank you for showing up and supporting your local talent. Great job from all the DJs... Oscar, Roland, Stryke, Ivano, Gaby, Jimmy...thank you for your performance.

LP

Hey LP - Please be consistent with this party! If you build it, they will come.

First off I wanna give Jimmy BIG BIG ups for playin' a funky-fantastic set & setting up Roland just perfect. I couldn't have done it better myself!! You set the tone just right- moovin' & groovin'...

Our Residents rocked the place!! IMO Oscar showed us why he won "BEST RESIDENT DJ" in the US & why he OWNS that room. Roly was simply masterful on that Terrace!! got on & was all business- a smooth even build to the peak of his set, then gently easin' them back before closing things out @ 8am with some kick @ss dance-flo choons...

Caught a good 30 min. of Stryke's set.. Dropped a few ol' skool classics that took me back to "the Edge" like Wink's higher state of consciousness (it's been a while since that track sounded soo good). Some Techno & breaks throughout the time I was there.. Good stuff...

a quick shot out to Tony Tone!!

Overall, the night was one of my better nights since conference. The place was packed comfy & the vibe was one of the best I've seen since Conference. It almost felt like 100% of the crowd knew it was all about the locals. Everyone was out supporting their local favs & it was all good...

Thanks to all of you who lent their support for the night. Turned out to be a truly incredible night & everything just fell into place... :)

Originally posted by biznation00

First off I wanna give Jimmy BIG BIG ups for playin' a funky-fantastic set & setting up Roland just perfect. I couldn't have done it better myself!! You set the tone just right- moovin' & groovin'...

Our Residents rocked the place!! IMO Oscar showed us why he won "BEST RESIDENT DJ" in the US & why he owns that room. Roly was simply masterful on that Terrace!! got on & was all business- a smooth even build to the peak of his set, then gently easin' them back before closing things out @ 8am with some kick @ss dance-flo choons...

Caught a good 30 min. of Stryke's set.. Dropped a few ol' skool classics that took me back to "the Edge" like Wink's higher state of consciousness (it's been a while since that track sounded soo good). Some Techno & breaks throughout the time I was there.. Good stuff...

a quick shot out to Tony Tone!!

Overall, the night was one of my better nights since conference. The place was packed comfy & the vibe was one of the best I've seen since Conference. It almost felt like 100% of the crowd knew it was all about the locals. Everyone was out supporting their local favs & it was all good...

Thanks to all of you who lent your support for the night. Turned out to ba a truly incredible night & everything just fell into place... :)

Anytime Biz.... You said it beautifuly!!!