Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What happened at Layo and Bushwacka???

fostech

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People left at 4 AM? What party were you at? At 3:30 the place was at capacity...the doorgirls were turning away people!

They had to throw out people at 5 AM...

It's normal for even the best club nights on South Beach to have people leave at 4 in the morning though...not everyone has the endurance you or I do.

Again, that's normal...4 or 4:30, a lot of people start to take off for home, or if it's a Saturday, Space.

But in the party's defense, it was a lot more packed than most other parties that night at 4:30 AM :)

It definetly cleared out like the plauge around 3:30 - 4:00, and just when the music got even better imo...

I think everyone reached their time limit with the way the sound was. I know that 15 more minutes would have given me a headache for days.

Also I think the layout of the club doesn't help. With all the places to sit being practically hidden, it makes the place look deserted if everyone is not dancing.

And don't get me wrong, I really like Nerve, but the curtains around the VIP and the rear seating area (which I doubt that even 1/4 of the people knew even existed) need to go. If you are in either area, you don't even feel like you are part of the crowd.

and I miss the mice!

They where awesome. Being my first time hearing them i wish they would come down more often. But not to Nerve. The soundsystem there is way to loud and not setup correctly. Low is way to much, Highs are Distorted and u can't hear the mids. If they could get someone to fix that and not put it as loud the sound would be so much better. It kinda sucks when u kinda stop enjoying a set cause your ears are ringing.

Louder Does not equal Better!!!

Other than that the club is awesome. The employees are friendly. And it has a very good vibe.

i think it was the same plague that hit spin fitst time burridge

played there....

once they layed down the breaks, the dancefloor started to slow

down

Don't think all of flordia likes breaks. Some of the best breaks I've

heard...even better than Burridge's breaks, but miami defenitely

isn't a city where dj's can me very experimental. In fact, if you

deviate a bit from tribal or proggy stuff......people will clear the

floor. It was just a sad night for me. I was embarrased

when I saw them at space after their party. It was sad to see

more people there than at nerve.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by basich

i think it was the same plague that hit spin fitst time burridge

played there....

once they layed down the breaks, the dancefloor started to slow

down

Don't think all of flordia likes breaks. Some of the best breaks I've

heard...even better than Burridge's breaks, but miami defenitely

isn't a city where dj's can me very experimental. In fact, if you

deviate a bit from tribal or proggy stuff......people will clear the

floor. It was just a sad night for me. I was embarrased

for your first post very well said.. At 230am Lee dropped some breaks and spin cleared out while spacious did nothing.. So I really cant remember how much, but spacious still owes me like 85 bucks from vip that night...

I want my 2 dollarsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

:blown:

the night was great, the music was even better... but i left about 4:15 cause the sound was doing me in.... and i had earplugs!! i think that was the general take on the night. too many people saying "the sound in here is giving me a headache" that's why everyone left.

too much sound for such a small room. needs to be turned down quite a bit. re-tweak the highs and lows. i know it's a dash install, but the mids are totally forgotten about and the highs and lows pushed beyond the limits. highs have total distortion and long throw lows in too small of a space. louder does not always = better.

other than that cooljunkie and nerve did it! packed a club for some fresh talent! good job guys.

It was just a sad night for me. I was embarrased

when I saw them at space after their party.

Not sure why - they had a blast and have already talked to us about coming back later this year.

Originally posted by james954

other than that cooljunkie and nerve did it! packed a club for some fresh talent! good job guys.

Thanks James - with some positivity and support it will keep happening.

I was embarrased

Umm so what if they went to Space after the party? Nerve closes at 5 AM, they were probably out of there by 5:30 or so (I left at 5:15 and they were still there...)...what'd you expect them to do? DJs wanna party too, and they were leaving the States that evening, so they probably wanted to see the club that sets the standard for clubbing in the US...hell if I was from out of town, I'd want to see Space as well. I've been at Space many a time for an afterhours party, and a lot of guest DJs who played sets at other clubs show up for a bit...Besides, Space's Saturday morning DJ, Gaby Fain, was at Nerve, and probably invited them...hmm, free afterhours at the cool megaclub across the causeway...gee why not? They also probably looked at it as a business trip too...

Of course Space will have more people than Nerve at 5 AM...it's a bigger club, and there's no competition at that hour. Nerve holds 300 people max, Space holds 4,000...I imagine they probably scared up about a thousand for the Saturday morning party...

As for them playing breaks, so what? It was 4 AM, people were leaving anyway, so why not go out on a limb? I like tribal and progressive as much as the next guy, but I'm not flipping out if a DJ puts a breaks track into his or her set. Quite a few people stuck around till the end if I remember correctly. If you want to hear just specific tracks all night, hook up a laptop to the soundsystem and playback your MP3 collection. I go to a club not just to hear the tracks I like, but to hear new and unheard stuff too. L & B satisfied that requirement enormously...especially near the end. I rarely listen to breaks, and it was cool to hear them integrate it into their set.

Nick's right, too...if they had such a miserable time at Nerve, why do they want to come back? I was there all night, and the guys had a positive attitude the whole way through...

I gotta ask, what party did you go to?

first of it was a great night and a great show, but lets address the sound system, I'm sure you back seat sound engineers can figure out that every singe item to control EVERY ASPECT OF THE SOUND is in the DJ booth, THAT INCLUDES VOLUME, BASS, MID, & TREBLE............THE SYSTEM IS SUPER sophisticated AND PROBABLY one of THE BEST SYSTEMS IN THE US (FOR A ROOM THAT SIZE W/ 12 FOOT CIELINGS)...................according to every DJ in south beach from all the top clubs and your favorite guys, they have all been there and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM HAS ASKED TO JAM WITH US ...................ITS UP TO THE DJ's TO READ THE CROWD AND ADJUST THE LEVELS,............which is why it got a little thin at 4am.....................djing in a club is way different than a studio (yes i know they have major residencies but in a club they are used to)..........even though the guys were great and they rocked and the party was off the hook - you are 100% correct, they had the treble and the mids tweaked into the stratosphere.......AGAIN NOT TO BE RUDE ITS THE DJ FAULT NOT PHAZON/DASH ( i assure you he did not design the system to be trimmed at 6 o clock WITH the highs, 12 o'clock is perfect and sweet, so there you have it the strait up truth - ..........i told them several times to lower it just a bit and to stop tweaking the treble, when its set perfect, but they seem to have better ideas, unfortunately the booth while very close to the dance floor is very deceiving, and since this was a one off they were not used to the room...........if you think the floor was ear bleeding you should have been in the booth they had the monitors cranking at a level that could have killed a small yak.......................had dash walked into the room he would have thrown up & choked me on the spot ..............so if your unhappy w/ the volume and the ear bleeding i totally understand, but by no means should you be attacking dash/ phazon or the club.................

if anyone saw satoshi or digweed you know what I'm taking about, they had the system sounding like the pit in a PHILOMONIC ORCHESTRA....its all in the DJ's hands, and its up to them how they use the equipment, i had told them several times but hey you know how it is when you bring in international superstars you kinda have to let them do there own thing with in reason...........anyway my apologies for the volume and tone they had the system at and when your right your right, so when they come back i will be much more firm with them but in the meantime lets just keep the blame where it belongs and that with the artist !!!!

These are the facts of the case and they are INDISPUTABLE!!!!!

Nerve Lounge

247 23rd street

(1 Block west of Collins next to rain)

Miami Beach, FL. 33139

305-695-8697 office

305-695-8699 fax

www.NerveMiami.com

NerveMiami@aol.com

UP COMING NERVE EVENTS FOR FRIDAY'S

May 30 ... OCEAN DRIVE PARTY & Tony Humphries ... @ Nerve

June 13 ... Dave Seaman & Infusion "Live" @ Nerve (Bliss & P:M Sessions)

Originally posted by nervemaimi

so when they come back i will be much more firm with them but in the meantime lets just keep the blame where it belongs and that with the artist !!!!

Coming back to Nerve? That's unlikely to happen when the club owner bashes them on a public messageboard. :rolleyes:

READ FEW EXCERPTS FROM MY POST

first of all was a great night and a great show,........even though the guys were great and they rocked and the party was off the hook - this hardly sounds like a bash to me

------------

The pubic message board is a place for people to ask questions good or bad and hopefully get a truthful response, i was not at all negative to the DJ's or the party (again see above - off the hook is a good thing where i come from!) .........the question was about the sound and the volume and the highs, and i gave a truthful answer or at least it was my opinion .........you either took it 100% the wrong way, or your in a bad mood, either way no disrespect was intended to the artist or you, so i think your being a little over sensitive..........the party was great, i got a million phone calls and complements on everything from a-z but what this guy said about the sound happened to be correct in MY OPINION...........how would you have liked me to respond to this guys question, the sound system sucks and they played at a whisper? ......both are not true, so please nick cut me a little slack here ...............the sound is top notch all the way and they played a little bit to loud for the room since the system does not have a limiter on it, its not a big deal one way or the other and all i was doing is giving an honest answer............again I'm really sorry that you took it that way, it was not my intention to be disrespectful to anyone in any manor.............if you have a further problem with my explanation please call me today and we can discuss it in private at length if it is really bothering you.........

have a good day

Nerve Lounge

247 23rd street

(1 Block west of Collins next to rain)

Miami Beach, FL. 33139

305-695-8697 office

305-695-8699 fax

www.NerveMiami.com

NerveMiami@aol.com

UP COMING NERVE EVENTS FOR FRIDAY'S

May 30 ... OCEAN DRIVE PARTY & Tony Humphries ... @ Nerve

June 13 ... Dave Seaman & Infusion "Live" @ Nerve (Bliss & P:M Sessions)

just curious, are u the sound tech for nerve?

i don't understand why more clubs don't hire their own sound people to make sure things like that don't happen.

rule of thumb, do not leave the resposibility up to the dj, they will blow your shit up.

:hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by shroomy

funniest thing you have ever writen on CP.... not that there was much competetion.

This is pure snow!!!!!!!!!! Do you know what the street value of this is??????????????????

Classic movie...:cool:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cooljunkie

Coming back to Nerve? That's unlikely to happen when the club owner bashes them on a public messageboard. :rolleyes:

nick you know you are my man, but i agree with nerve... either blame Cananda or the French or the dj, but I think phazon would have done what he said and choked L&B out...

PS i'm hearing of George Acosta doing nerve?????? thats a weird fit if yous ask me...

Bigger clubs like Space 34, crobar, and Maze have their own on-duty sound techs, or technical staff in the case of Space 34.

One of their jobs is, in fact, to prevent the DJ from blowing up the sound system. You usually see them in the booth with a radio and occasionally ducking over to the mixer and turning down the mains a notch or two...

when u have a puppy like phazon or any other high end sound system, u should have a gatekeeper that knows what they're doing.

that's all im saying... worst thing is to have a person that supposedly knows what they're doing monitoring it and still sounds like shit.

I've seen that a lot in some places, they have some guy calling himself a sound tech keeping an eye on things...which usually amounts to being near the DJ booth and grunting at things.

I have to agree with nervemaimi....

The night of L & B was the only night I have been there that the sound wasn't great, so it is hard to say it is the clubs fault.

And especially when you have DJ's of that caliber, it pretty much should be at their discresion to do their own adjustments.

And to say that they didn't have the sound adjusted for the room, isn't exactly the flame from hell, just a fact. Especially a system of that power in a room of that size.

but then again, I know about as much about sound tech as Saleen does about picking up women.

i agree with michael @ nerve as well. I've played on that system several times now and its amazing. The sound prob was definitely not the fault of the club but the fault of the dj's. anyone who was there for both the pappa night and the L&B night would know that.. the difference was night and day..that just doesn't happen in one week... the sound in nerve is crisp, clear and absolutely perfect in my opinion. when I walked in for L&B I knew immediately that the highs and especially the mids were cranked.. anyways, the night was good and I am sure nerve has a bright future with the upcoming talent.. Can't wait too hear the Dave Seaman set in there on june 13th. He is a musical master and on the 13th he plans too play a bit of an old school set along with his normal one which in my opinion, should sound wicked on the phason system.. Just my 2 cents