Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acosta @ Maze

spinstar

I just heard that George Acosta will be spinning at Maze.

Knowing how people gossip in Miami, I checked the Maze website and they have it posted, so I guess it's not a rumour and is actually true.

George Acosta June 7 @ Maze.... I'm there.

Hopefully he gets a Saturday night residency a Maze, because this might actually save South Beach or at least take it back to the feeling of the Shadow days where people went to a club to dance to uptempo music, and party their asses off until the very last song is played.

On a side note, his new double CD stands out as the most energetic trance release from any DJ so far in 2003.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maze is a good fit for George. I guess their "Gay Night" on Saturdays wasn't doing as well as they had hoped. Even with GA's considerable local following, they are going to need to promote hard. If they do a good job, GA can pack the place every Saturday. Good Luck!

will definately be there...

can't wait..

& look at that CLUB MAZE!!!

PLAYING TRANCE!!!

can u imagine that.......

:tongue:

for sure sat. will be there...

no diggity

no doubt!!

TRANCE RULES!!!

HOUSE 2ND BEST!!!

:aright:

all i have to say is that this should be interesting....You people have to stop refering to shadow....shadow is gone....its up to u all to make something new and exciting ....thats the problem with george followers, they are always remembering how things were instead of trying to make something new....time will tell what becomes of this venture ill keep my eye on it:eek:

Originally posted by spinstar

Hopefully he gets a Saturday night residency a Maze, because this might actually save South Beach or at least take it back to the feeling of the Shadow days where people went to a club to dance to uptempo music, and party their asses off until the very last song is played.

:laugh:...NO PLACE WILL EVER CAPTURE THE VIBE THAT SHADOW HAD...let it go!!!

RIP

SHADOW LOUNGE

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Maze better stock up on some glowsticks for their Saturdays then:laugh:

A year ago there was "I hate space pod"

And now it is "fuck sobe and space is the best pod"

what happend?:confused:

I just made a sly comment, that's all :)

Honestly, I'm glad if GA goes to Maze, they need the business. I'd rather see a good night on Friday, and a trance night on Saturday...at least it's not hip-hop. GA will bring in a large crowd for sure.

Well, to be honest, aside from Maze and Nerve, there's not much to do clubwise on the beach anymore. My source at crobar informs me there is no guest DJs of note booked there for most of the summer...their calendar is blank.

Spi is the wildcard though, will it open back up?

But for now, I'm more into what is going on on my side of the pond, ya know? Space, various other clubs that may or may not open, and little one-offs are keeping me occupied lately...

??? I dont get it...all of this talk and ranting and raving about how you all liked Edgar V and how u were all glad he was at Maze....and now that George is coming in...you want HIM to be the residnet there?

I strongly suggest you check out Edgar V first...IMO his following may be smaller...but he is a much more versatile Dj, and a better mixer.

Think of things this way...

George is a good dj to listen to pure trance, roll ur nuts off...and get laid after the club cause u picked up some cracked out chick blown up by his music.

Edgar is a good dj to listen to progressive/epic trance...and a bit of hard trance. He was one of the original pinnacles of club Space and shared one of the main stages in Ultra (soemthign even George Acosta could not do...which he got extremely pissed off at Alex Omes and Co. @ DVOX , and chose to be a little bitch and not play.)

Also...Edgar is a great person to walk up and speak to. he truly enjoys music..whereas George does it only for the fame. He told me himself that he would rather Dj at a Huge club than some little rave because there is no money in it anymore. What kind of a thing is that to say to a fan?

:rolleyes: In my opinion i think its simple who i would choose to be my trance fix...EDGAR MUTHAFUCKIN V!!!

(maybe a little Kaenow too...hehe)

Originally posted by pod

Spi is the wildcard though, will it open back up?

i agree...they should inject some "new" blood into that club...have a good local talent be the resident with another local talent opening...example: Dj Kaenow/David Alexander/Jimmy T/Meng/Dj Fx opening for say Ariel Baund...then the back room where they play hip hop, let the opener have the room for alternative electronic music...or keep it hip hop in the small room on Fridays, but ALL electronic music on Saturdays:idea:

right on, spacecadet! edgar motherfucking v!

i try to give ga a chance but everytime i hear one of his sets it just isn't put together well. like he'll start off right and than blow it by throwing in some lame ass song or an old ass song when he hundreds of brand new shit in his bag. i'm no dj and couldn't mix a beat if my life depended on it but i know when flows & when it doesn't.

as for ultra, who cares that ga didn't play. whatever the reasons were i still had fun. but edgar should have been the one on the main stage in the set between tiesto's & pvd. that would have been a nice segway between two of the most talented dj's of our time. that's something his people should work harder on making that kinda shit happen.

and there is one big name at crobar this summer and his name is edgar v. he'll be there the same nite as tiesto. so for all of you who are banned or sick of space get your ass to crobar and support our boy, EV!

Milano's right... I'll bet GA will love the booth at Maze.

For starters it has a allen & heath V6 mixer, arguably the greatest rotary mixer ever produced -- yes even better than a Rane 2016.

Regarding Shadow Lounge, the reason why I refer (not marijuana but as to set an example) back to it is because it set a benchmark for nightclubs. Oakenfold, Talla, d:fuse, and countless others often referred to it as the "place to play" in Miami. Hopefully Maze will be another one of those clubs that top-notch DJs would rather perform at than any club down here.

Just out of curiosty, anybody know the capacity of Maze?

i'm not sure of the capacity maze holds but the system frickin' pumps. wowser's! last weekend, when edgar was there it was so loud but when i left my ears didn't hurt and weren't ringing like they used to after a long nite @ the old space.

in that case...

CONGRATS!!!

CLUB MAZE!!!!

trance saturdays!!!! (crossing fingers)

can't wait!!!!!

hopefully this will help out maze in order to make them more successful!!!!

from what i can see..

IT THE START OF A NEW BEGINNING!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO GEORGE & ALL THE FUTURE TRANCE DJ'S TO COME...

HOPEFULLY THEY''LL BE ABLE TO KEEP HAVING EDGAR V SPINNING ON SATURDAYS AS WELL AS ANY OTHER TOP NOTCH DJ TO HELP BRING TRANCE BACK TO LIFE.......

R. I. P. SHADOW LOUNGE

TO CLUB MAZE...

THE START OF A NEW VENUE (HOPEFULLY)

there goes the sound system.... every where GA goes something blows.

wow, i haven't seen GA's name since Ultra 5. lol....

fuck glow stick.. better bust out with cowboy hats and vicks mask.

stock up tha bar with WATER... the trance heads are coming.!

:)

I rather see Edgar V., I have lost intrest in GA sice the whole baby cry at Ultra shit.

I don't know about some of you that hate TRANCE. I think its very alive..

I agree with T.whore, I been hooked on trance since 1997. And then when the Mix after Hours opened.... I was really hooked.

I can say I was apart of the group that opened the doors for trance in Miami. And when my new project kicks off I will bring trance to the airwaves again.

GrooveRadio 107.1FM is ready to start broadcasting.. we just need to get rid of some people broadcast shit on our channel.

i hope the turn out is good, regardless of what shit people like to talk, george is defeintely the pioneer of trance in miami. i spent many, many satruday nights partying there, hence i dedicated my CP name to the memory of shadow lounge. always will be missed.

the best would be edgar twice a month, george twice a month !!!

good luck to both of them there...

dream on! GA would never ever play where Edgar's at.

& just look at this board and all the posts from the cp crew,

they always show love and support for edgar. i don't think they get that same warm fuzzy feeling from ga or do they give it to him. that's not saying he didn't help put miami on the electronic music map but things haven't been the same the past couple years.