Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets settle this CP style: Club Sound system battle!!

Guest saleen351

Which system sounds the best in Miami TO YOU BASED ON WHAT YOU LIKE??  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which system sounds the best in Miami TO YOU BASED ON WHAT YOU LIKE??

• Old Space
    • Space 34
    • Nerve
    • Crobar
    • Maze

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tranzwhore

Space34

Maze

YOU CAN ONLY Vote for ONE!!!

so pick one, and one only!!!!!!!!:cool:

Guest saleen351

cool thanks dig for fixing it..

I choose for maze, 2 reasons

1. i'm the current club maze legend

2. it rocks da house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Space is weak for the money and being new

and never is quality but its really unfair to judge nerve to space or maze, its like apples and oranges...

I haven't been to Maze yet, but voting out of the other clubs I think the old space had a thumping system. LP likes that bass, so the club was nice and bassie.

But people tell me that system at maze is clear as shit. So I have to go check it out.

Liquid has a nice sound, before the staff started to tweek it and mis-tweeked the system and starting to sound shitty.

Got to love that nexo.!

Maze has an excellent sound system. The Funktion-One array is unsurpassed at delivering an accurate signal at insane SPLs.

However...the sound isn't much to write home about when you are off the dancefloor. They try to provide coverage in VIP, but it is not up to par. My logic is, do it right or don't bother.

Space 34 edges out Maze in this respect. The custom rig by LP, Infinite Audio, and so forth has almost the same accuracy at insane SPLs as the Maze rig (a slight amount of the highs is lost...well, tonight may have tipped the scales in Space's favor, the system sounded perfect...), but Space 34 has the most excellent coverage of any club system. Whether in the booth, on the floor, or in VIP, the coverage rocks. It sounds good everywhere.

crobar's system is yesterday's news, and Nerve is in a different category.

Now, I'll refrain from posting graphs and charts for now, but this thread threatens to scare off a lot of people :cool:

Space 34 without a doubt....not to mention that better music is played at 34.

there is no difference if you are in front of the speaker or standing at the bar, or in the middle of the dance floor.

the bass in there is awesome.

no question Space 34 is way better than Maze. Maze isnt bad, but i wouldnt call it impressive either.

Originally posted by pod

Maze has an excellent sound system. The Funktion-One array is unsurpassed at delivering an accurate signal at insane SPLs.

However...the sound isn't much to write home about when you are off the dancefloor. They try to provide coverage in VIP, but it is not up to par. My logic is, do it right or don't bother.

Space 34 edges out Maze in this respect. The custom rig by LP, Infinite Audio, and so forth has almost the same accuracy at insane SPLs as the Maze rig (a slight amount of the highs is lost...well, tonight may have tipped the scales in Space's favor, the system sounded perfect...), but Space 34 has the most excellent coverage of any club system. Whether in the booth, on the floor, or in VIP, the coverage rocks. It sounds good everywhere.

Good point.. I never thought about it that way, having a club solidly wired to sound good no mater what location... I chose Maze, but have not really checked out Space 34 yet. Some places, such as Maze, seem to have better acoustics than others. Can that attribute to the quality of sound as well?

Originally posted by pod

Now, I'll refrain from posting graphs and charts for now, but this thread threatens to scare off a lot of people :cool:

bust out the graphs and charts . :laugh: good stuff bro.. your such a wealth of knowledge.. ;)

The room shape definitely has a lot to do with the overall quality of the sound. Space 34 and Maze, for all practical purposes, have the same layout...a box with a mezzanine, and some overhangs...

Like I said in an earlier post, Maze's system is very dancefloor-centric, there's little to no coverage outside the dancefloor...again, if you want coverage outside the dancefloor, do it right :)

Maze and Space's system are neck and neck. I chose Space's system over Maze for the better overall coverage.

the only complaints that people have about maze are the major positives in my opinion. the music is focused where the music should be focused. on the dance floor. if you have complaints about the sound, you must not be there to dance then. maybe you should step out of the ultra "cool" VIP...

it's nice to have sections of the club where you can actually hang back and hold a conversation without somebody screaming is your ear and vice versa if you know what i mean. i hate coming out of a venue w/ a sore throat. my choice is maze, followed closely by space34.

Originally posted by james954

the only complaints that people have about maze are the major positives in my opinion. the music is focused where the music should be focused. on the dance floor. if you have complaints about the sound, you must not be there to dance then. maybe you should step out of the ultra "cool" VIP...

it's nice to have sections of the club where you can actually hang back and hold a conversation without somebody screaming is your ear and vice versa if you know what i mean. i hate coming out of a venue w/ a sore throat. my choice is maze, followed closely by space34.

true....but look at it this way, if you can't talk with your friends at the club , then you have an excuse to dine with them instead.. :tongue: It's me Christina you focker!

Cheers! :beer:

Originally posted by james954

you are in my dog house girl!! where were you last weekend??? :rolleyes:

yeah, yeah..I was @ home, recouperating from the Matrix...:nopity: you don't think I'd see that movie sober DO YOU?!? LOL...wanted to whoop it up the next night, so I hope you and Eric had a good time without your resident kooky girl...you know you can always stop by our place for a good smoke on your way home anyways...

SO when can I make up for lost time? What's next next on your roster James mah man?

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT JUST CAUSE I WORK AT MAZE, I DONT LIKE THE SPACE SYSTEM JUST BECAUSE IF YOU ARE IN THE VIP UPSRAIRS AL YOU HEAR IS MIDS AND HIGHS, NOT ENOUGH LOW END,AND THAT GIVES PEOPLE A HEAD ACHE, OTHER THAN THAT, ITS A GOOD SYSTEM. EVENTHOUGH ITS NOT AS CLEAR AS THE FUNKTION ONE

Nerve - #1

far and away the cleanest, clearest most powerful system in Miami, if not the entire USA (based on the size of the venue) - system is a custom "phazon" set up and designed by arguably the number one sound guy in the world Steve dash - based on the small size of the room, low ceilings & and the acoustics of the room this system is the favorite system of virtually every top DJ that has ever played @ nerve or even the DJ's have just stopped by for a visit...........even every major local DJ that has seen the system agrees off the record it blows away the sound in there own clubs...........they will rename nameless do to the south beach drama factor...........

crobar is second

for the same reasons as listed above for nerve - they to have a "phazon" which is a bigger system than the nerve system, but they have a much larger space to cover to do the massive size of the space and 60 foot ceilings (which is always a huge problem for sound guys

maze is third

fucktion one system is great, but not in the same league as a "phazon" and again they have a tough nut to crack with the size of the venue and the height of the ceilings - not enough low end

space 34

good system and they have the same problems as all the other super clubs and that's is due the massive size of the venue and the ceiling height it is very hard and expensive to get the "proper" sound coverage - (mids and highs "rip through you both on the floor and the booth) although much better than the old space

its very hard to get an u bias pool going really just based on the question of sound quality, most of the cp people are loyal to maze or to space (since most are on the payroll for either club) ..........it's like going to a bikini contest and the ugly chic wins since she has all her friends cheering for her, and for that reason this poll will never be close to accurate......but its fun to debate anyway !!!!!!

top DJ - booths

Nerve

largest, most comfortable, best laid out, booth anywhere - complete w/ a 3-way cross to control bass, mids & highs in the booth separate from the dance floor - perfect lighting, and even has a refrigerator to give all the comforts of home

space 34

even better than the old space

old space

blue room had a great booth

crobar

booth is great since they moved it - great interaction to the crowd - and easy access to the DJ's

maze

no DJ wants to play off the floor, that's why crobar moved there booth to the floor where it belongs - ask any DJ where he wants to play on the ceiling or the floor and you will see I'm right

DJ monitors

nerve - complete w/ a 3-way cross to control bass, mids & highs in the booth separate from the dance floor

crobar - monitor system rocks

maze - sounds very good

space - system in booth to much highs for my taste

Even though we are "nit picking" away at all these "GREAT" systems, please give all the owners, sound techs, & installers, mad props for hiring these people and spending the tremendous amount of money needed to bring these venues to life - all these systems are top notch and sound is somewhat a personal preference so let everyone have an opinion, what one person likes another person hates.................

Nerve Lounge

247 23rd street

(1 Block west of Collins next to rain)

Miami Beach, FL. 33139

305-695-8697 office

305-695-8699 fax

www.NerveMiami.com

NerveMiami@aol.com

UP COMING NERVE EVENTS FOR FRIDAY'S

May 30 ... OCEAN DRIVE PARTY & Tony Humphries ... @ Nerve

June 13 ... Dave Seaman & Infusion "Live" @ Nerve (Bliss & P:M Sessions)

IMO

I LIKE MAZE FIRST(CAUSE ITS SUPER CLEAR & AND NOW THAT THEY TWEEKED IT ITS EVER LOUDER)

NERVE IS DEFINETLY RIGHT THERE WITH IT(IVE HEARD IT SOUND GOOD, REAL GOOD)

SPACE 34(WOULD BE 2ND IN THE BIG CLUB CATEGORY)

CROBAR IS 4TH IT CRANKS BIG TIME, SAME AS NERVE JUST BIGGER ROOM, BUT NOT AS CONSISTANT)

nerve, will always fall behind in the votes, since we don't have half the kids from cp on the payroll, and most of our clientele does not even know what club planet is..................and if you read my post first before you started banging ways at the keys to respond - i thought i made that clear.................we can sign up 15 kids tomorrow, or log under a different name, like so may other kids do and bang a vote ..........the leader has a whopping 14 votes right now...........but unfortunately we have a club to run.........and we just use this board to try and answer real questions people have about the club

eddy, how was your trip, i hope you had fun, give me a call when you have a sec or stop by

Nerve Lounge

247 23rd street

(1 Block west of Collins next to rain)

Miami Beach, FL. 33139

305-695-8697 office

305-695-8699 fax

www.NerveMiami.com

NerveMiami@aol.com

UP COMING NERVE EVENTS FOR FRIDAY'S

May 30 ... OCEAN DRIVE PARTY & Tony Humphries ... @ Nerve

June 13 ... Dave Seaman & Infusion "Live" @ Nerve (Bliss & P:M Sessions)