Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Draper review

He sucked :no: Moody on the other hand had the place going wild. Lots of energy and pretty lights :), I though it was a great start. Then the striptease show began. It was very nice also, that huge breasted girl made my night :). And then draper came on. :what: I actually wanted to hear what he has to offer outside of Exit, And He was a BIG disappointment. For a while it seemed like he didn't know what to do. Nobody was dancing and people were confused. The music had no direction or any feel to it, just plain beats. So people started to leave. Draper kept on going faster and harder, lol but it didn't help. I think by 5 he drove most of ppl out. That’s when I left too. Don't know how long he kept it up, probably not long.

I THINK YOUR CRAZY!! DRAPER PLAYED AMAZING.. WEBSTER HALL IS USUALLY EMPTY BY 4:30 AND I STAYED TILL 6 AND IT WAS STILL VIBING. THE PEOPLE THAT LEFT WHEN DRAPER WENT ON ARE ALL THE LOSERS WHO WENT ON THE MAIN FLOOR TO WATCH THE STRIPTEASE CONTEST, OBVIOUSLY THEY LEFT ONCE IT WAS DONE . I DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS NO MORE, I WAS THERE AND DRAPER RIPPED IT....CASE CLOSED!!

come on guys, wether u like draper or not i was there till closing 6 am and i agree with whoever said b4 that he was going faster and harder and was comfused and people were leaving. it is very true actually they left and place closed at 6 am exactly. so to the draper hater club u got something to talk about and to draper fans......

he did rock it, did u hear the mix he played of "let the music play"?

i'm actually in between right now, still appriciate him as a dj and at the same time i'm very dissapointed about last night

:confused: any opinions?

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Blow DA SPEAKAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....boom boom tsskkkkkkkkk waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I wUz rolLIN hard BRO!!!!

BOOOOOOM

:laugh:

To go to Webster hall is bad enough. But to go there for Draper???

Why would you go through the hassle???

Originally posted by tolyk

He sucked :no: Moody on the other hand had the place going wild. Lots of energy and pretty lights :), I though it was a great start. Then the striptease show began. It was very nice also, that huge breasted girl made my night :). And then draper came on. :what: I actually wanted to hear what he has to offer outside of Exit, And He was a BIG disappointment. For a while it seemed like he didn't know what to do. Nobody was dancing and people were confused. The music had no direction or any feel to it, just plain beats. So people started to leave. Draper kept on going faster and harder, lol but it didn't help. I think by 5 he drove most of ppl out. That’s when I left too. Don't know how long he kept it up, probably not long.

yeah, it was bad. I went to check out the moody/draper combo, and moody was good. Mixed it up very nice, and progressed a little harder to set draper up which was good....the draper played two good trax in a row after intro, and then all down hill...lost flow and killd vibe...

anyways, can anyone ID his first two songs...

1st one tribal w.male vocal going "welcome to my playground"

2nd one hard house exit style synth w/ repeating vocal "Let work it" "Let's work it to the left"

i could be wrong on this, but i heard somewhere that webster hall only (as of now) has a license to stay open till 6am or something, they are in the process of getting that extended supposedly...anybody wanna confirm?

Originally posted by pangelid

yeah, it was bad. I went to check out the moody/draper combo, and moody was good. Mixed it up very nice, and progressed a little harder to set draper up which was good....the draper played two good trax in a row after intro, and then all down hill...lost flow and killd vibe...

anyways, can anyone ID his first two songs...

1st one tribal w.male vocal going "welcome to my playground"

2nd one hard house exit style synth w/ repeating vocal "Let work it" "Let's work it to the left"

You are so wrong!! His first 2 tracks were good, but nothing like the rest of his set. I guess its a matter of opinion but i like hard pounding beats ,especially after 4 am. How could you listen to down tempo tribal grooves after 4am with no drugs,alcohol or cigerettes in your system..its not possible, you will fall asleep! its good to listen to in your car..maybe but not good for a sober afterhours party. Dont get me wrong, Moody played exactly what the webster hall "cheese" crowd wanted to hear. But Draper also played exactly what his loyal fans wanted to hear (except for the first 2 songs...very undraper like)

interesting you bring up the issue of being sober - how was the crowd? A large number of his crackhead following show up? I'm very interested to see how the extremely pro-drug draper following meshes with the TOTALLY anti-drug Webster Hall management team...

well i went with my girlfriend and moody was good he really had some good tracks. My g/f doesnt like HOUSE MUSIC at all so she wanted to leave. We left by 230ish, from what i heard today at websterhall he really sucked. STAFF hated it and management really wasnt feeling him. Hes only on for about 5 weeks i think the they will evalute him.

Originally posted by silverbull

well i went with my girlfriend and moody was good he really had some good tracks. My g/f doesnt like HOUSE MUSIC at all so she wanted to leave. We left by 230ish, from what i heard today at websterhall he really sucked. STAFF hated it and management really wasnt feeling him. Hes only on for about 5 weeks i think the they will evalute him.

i heard basicly the same. i'm usually workin at WH every saturday and the one nite i wanna be there to hear what they thought of draper and his crowd i'm stuck working at some club on LI :mad:

Originally posted by freelove

Moody played exactly what the webster hall "cheese" crowd wanted to hear. But Draper also played exactly what his loyal fans wanted to hear

now thats some killer irony.

next thing you know kids will be posting reviews from djs they saw at weddings and bar mitzahs.

"kinda played some cheesy stuff for the crowd, you know, but after the cutting of the cake he really ripped it up. I wasn't into hot hot hot so much, but loved when he played Safri duo, the bongo song... gotta love those oldies!"

Originally posted by bodhi

now thats some killer irony.

next thing you know kids will be posting reviews from djs they saw at weddings and bar mitzahs.

"kinda played some cheesy stuff for the crowd, you know, but after the cutting of the cake he really ripped it up. I wasn't into hot hot hot so much, but loved when he played Safri duo, the bongo song... gotta love those oldies!"

:laugh: :laugh: money said,"hot hot hot":laugh: :laugh:

Anyway though,back to the draper subject.Im not surprised they wasnt feelin him that much at the Hall.Wh to me is more of a hiphop club than anything.I mean,everytime in the that techno room no matter who's playn i can never really get into it as much as exit cause everyone is sooooo spaced out,u dont get the vibe of energy like in a smaller room like exits.I dont know,maybe it's just me.Did he play "children"?,i doubt it...

Originally posted by mimusica

as far as the playground song draper made it, and the 2nd one was his remix of too. If you have knowticed the 1st one was saying welcome to the playground ..... webster hall, he did it just for the party.

yea i noticed that.. U know the trak names?...i liked his intro too, but honestly after those two songs, I wasn't feeling. He wasnt doing a good job holding the crowd. Kinda went on a tangent, ppl were confused like someone else said..

ANyways, Moody two times played traks where it sounded like there were 3 songs going at once. The one I remember was DJ Jean mixed with two other joints. YOu could tell he wasnt doing it live, but it still sounded good. I also loved how he sampled deep chemical and dropped it in out of like 4 songs...had me pumped..I liked BlackOut too!