• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Codica3

???????

Danny was disappointing??

???????

codica i know u are a huge DH fan... and i been there for all his shows.. and let me tell u that he did not dissappoint at all.. he was playin some ill shit all night long.. i had a great time last night and DH was lovin the crowd, he really is amazing.. 112 crew in the arcade was stellar too.. btw.. how was your surgery??

mad props to all the kats i met from CP last night and all the peeps that be holdin it down at ARC wit me on the weekly.. peace :)

oh yeah.. what happened to that girl who was carried out?? as long as we know she woke up the next day that would be enough info for me..

i was there from 5:30 - 8 am.

maybe i missed the better part of the night, but when i was there i felt that the tracks he played were monotonous and pounding, if not downright bleh! (TLC - Scrubs, for example)

i like the breaks that he spins, but this time we only got one breaks track and then back to the pounding, repetitious hard tech-house stuff. i just felt like the set i heard had little subtlty or variety.

i've enjoyed some of his sets in the past, but last night the part i caught was totally uninspiring.

then again, i was sober. not sure about everyone else... even alcohol will change the way you experience a party. (duh.)

Originally posted by technicfreek

codica i know u are a huge DH fan... and i been there for all his shows.. and let me tell u that he did not dissappoint at all.. he was playin some ill shit all night long.. i had a great time last night and DH was lovin the crowd, he really is amazing.. 112 crew in the arcade was stellar too.. btw.. how was your surgery??

Ahh.. now those are the Danny reviews I'm accustomed to.. :D

Still upset I couldn't be there. :(

Surgery went fine.. my face is finally starting to go down from all the swelling, the pain isn't as bad anymore, and the bruising will hopefully start to disappear within the week. :)

i was there 2-close and i never got into his set. the beginning was ok, but boring. he played even more techno than last month and most of it wasnt that good. i liked the 20 minutes of breaks, but the breaks in the arcade were better. and at the end he played some really fun songs but dennis rodgers was tearing it up so i didnt stay on the main floor for it.

so, it definitely wasnt the best i have heard danny play. the vibe of the party was up to its usual standards, though, so that was good.

oddly though, i heard that danny told someone that he thought it was the best he had played in new york in a while...

Originally posted by hotcheme

oddly though, i heard that danny told someone that he thought it was the best he had played in new york in a while...

For some reason, Danny has a tendency to say that about just about every set he finishes. :laugh:

howells was sick yesterday morning. glad he kept the breaks to a minimum and dropped hard tech toward the end of the set. it's the best i've heard him in a while. seems likes it's mostly the breaks fans that thought he was blah.

Originally posted by flash0120

It was the first time I ever heard his stuff live. It was sick. When and where will he be playing again in NYC?

june 28th howells will be spinning with tenaglia. be prepared to feel like a sardine in there though! last year was just ridiculously hot and packed!

Had a great time on saturday! 112 crew was awesome- towards the end of the night I was in the arcade more than the main room (which is unheard of for me).

I really wasn't into Danny's set - He played alot of slow trippy music and breaks that I didn't like and alot of build-ups that I thought he went flat on. And yes - Scrubs was just horrible. I dunno - the last time I saw him was probablly my favorite set EVER so maybe I'm just comparing it to that. Looking forward to him spinning in Boston next month and giving me another February set :D

Originally posted by naughtybabe

June 28th = Woo Hoo my B-day :bounce:

no noooooooooo....MY BIRTHDAY! ;)

...anywho, I was just thinking about this.....are people really going to be going to this after last years disaster?

I dunno..... :blank:

i was there from 2-7 and i like the hard techy stuff.. DANNY was rippin it all night.. no breaks for me.. give me the thunder.. lol.. and i guess i left at the rite moment cuz no scrubs woulda killed me.. haha..

as for next months sardine party.. lol.. count me in.. when u were there for DH vs DT 1 and 2.. it is almost manditory to go to the TRIFECTA... see all you kats there... and codica im glad to see u are ok and will be ready to rock next month.. :D peace

sorry to bring up an old issue.. lol

Originally posted by marcid21

no noooooooooo....MY BIRTHDAY! ;)

...anywho, I was just thinking about this.....are people really going to be going to this after last years disaster?

I dunno..... :blank:

i wouldnt call last year a disaster, but i am not going this year. i am sure there will be plenty of other things to do.

Originally posted by technicfreek

as for next months sardine party.. lol.. count me in.. when u were there for DH vs DT 1 and 2.. it is almost manditory to go to the TRIFECTA... see all you kats there... and codica im glad to see u are ok and will be ready to rock next month.. :D peace

Thank you dear! :D

I will most certainly be in the house that nite. :bounce:

Originally posted by hotcheme

i wouldnt call last year a disaster, but i am not going this year. i am sure there will be plenty of other things to do.

yea, i'm thinking of pretty much sitting this one out, but....what else is there to do on my bday weekend?

not much it's looking like.....:blank:

Originally posted by marcid21

yea, i'm thinking of pretty much sitting this one out, but....what else is there to do on my bday weekend?

not much it's looking like.....:blank:

i am sure something will come up. plus there is cox on the 26th.