Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guinness

kaydup

mmmmmmmmmm

guinness or what i like to call thanksgiving dinner in a bottle. Nothing will pack the pounds on like guiness.

If you are on a diet.................... black and tan. Thats like a buger with a salad.

Originally posted by jtk4

mmmmmmmmmm

guinness or what i like to call thanksgiving dinner in a bottle. Nothing will pack the pounds on like guiness.

If you are on a diet.................... black and tan. Thats like a buger with a salad.

Guiness has the same number of calories as most non-light beers. People commonly make the mistake that it's really heavy. (If a black and tan were made with Bass and Guiness, the Bass would be more caloric)

http://www.theraven.com/beer.html

Originally posted by buckman

im heading to ireland on the 13th..ill be drinking plenty o pints of the good shit.

I went to a Guinness consumer event a while back and learned a lot.

First, the brew is not high alcohol.

Second, there are several types of Guinness. Most of the product sold in the states is close to the Irish taste. Some of the old style bottle product is brewed for people who are from Africa or the Caribbean. The largest Guinness market is Nigeria where a very high alcohol version is brewed. The Irish product is low in alcohol but is made to be consumed over the course of a long pub session.

There is controversy about the brand in the UK. Some outlets use dispensing equipment that chill the product ice cold, a "no no" to the Guinness purist. Also, there is a super fast dispense system that eliminates the wait for a proper pint. This is another sacriligious device.

Regardless, there are few drinks that compare to Guinness in terms of taste and romance. My lips are smacking for a pint.

Originally posted by keith1968

I went to a Guinness consumer event a while back and learned a lot.

First, the brew is not high alcohol.

Second, there are several types of Guinness. Most of the product sold in the states is close to the Irish taste. Some of the old style bottle product is brewed for people who are from Africa or the Caribbean. The largest Guinness market is Nigeria where a very high alcohol version is brewed. The Irish product is low in alcohol but is made to be consumed over the course of a long pub session.

There is controversy about the brand in the UK. Some outlets use dispensing equipment that chill the product ice cold, a "no no" to the Guinness purist. Also, there is a super fast dispense system that eliminates the wait for a proper pint. This is another sacriligious device.

Regardless, there are few drinks that compare to Guinness in terms of taste and romance. My lips are smacking for a pint.

One other thing i learned......

Most of the bottle product sold in the USA is brewed by Labatt in Canada under a licensing agreement. Labatt sells the brand in Canada but only exports bottles for the USA. The draft still comes from the original source in Ireland.

Sorry to go on so much but Guinness is one of my favorite beers next to Stella Artois.

Deffinately go to Galway city, it's by far my favorite place in Ireland. Stay out of Limerick altogether, Cork city ain't that great either. Dublin's cool if you want to feel like you're in Boston, and if you want to go to Waterford, do yourself a fovor and go to Wexford instead. They also produce world class crystal, but it isn't as touristy and it's actually a nice laid back little town.

If you go to Galway City, make sure you go to the cliffs of Mohr, and if you get a chance, try and make a day trip to the Aran Islands.

I've been to Ireland a couple of times, and I'm going back hopefully next spring, anybody else want to come?

Originally posted by stymie

I wish I could join you on that one. Im goin to Rome though in the fall, probabaly october to visit my sister. Anybody been???

I went last summer:eek: :eek: I loved it there, definitely a must see. Make sure to bring your walking shoes and a good camera because there will be plenty of pic worthy places. And the partying ain't all that bad either. All in all I am so jealous you are going definitely one of my favorite cities. Where does your sis live in Rome, meaning what part of town?

Originally posted by unclefester401

Deffinately go to Galway city, it's by far my favorite place in Ireland. Stay out of Limerick altogether, Cork city ain't that great either. Dublin's cool if you want to feel like you're in Boston, and if you want to go to Waterford, do yourself a fovor and go to Wexford instead. They also produce world class crystal, but it isn't as touristy and it's actually a nice laid back little town.

If you go to Galway City, make sure you go to the cliffs of Mohr, and if you get a chance, try and make a day trip to the Aran Islands.

I've been to Ireland a couple of times, and I'm going back hopefully next spring, anybody else want to come?

A few Great Pubs in Galway City... The Snug, The Skeff and the Cellar.. Hit any of these Fester?

Originally posted by stymie

I dunno yet... she doesnt get her apt. till august. Is it true about the people in Rome being nasty to tourists???? Thats all I keep hearing.

My mother just got back from Rome a few weeks ago, said theres alot of pickpockets and theifs in the real touristy area.... Most of Europe is relativley safe, I wouldn't worry..

Get a sweet fanny pack..:laugh:

Originally posted by xlr8ted

A few Great Pubs in Galway City... The Snug, The Skeff and the Cellar.. Hit any of these Fester?

The cellar sounds farmilliar, but I''m not too sure. I remeber the Quays (pronounced keys), it was kind of touristy, but not cheesy touristy, there just happened to be a lot of tourists there. I really don't remember many names of pubs I went to. I remember the first time I went to Ireland I went to a "lock in" pub with some of my uncle's friend's kids. They played folk music, and were doing a session at this place. Well, it was getting late, I wasn't paying attention to the time, and it was getting pretty hot in the pub, so I figured I'd go outside for a smoke. Five minutes later, I try to go back in and the fricken door's locked:mad: I had to wait outside for about a half hour for somebody else to leave so I could get in:laugh: .

Originally posted by xlr8ted

What part you heading to?

im actually going to be staying in lahinch and from what im finding out is that its considered the old country. i have 10 days there so maybe ill be able to check out some of the places u all mentioned. id like to try and make it up to kellys @portrush but the only dj thats going to be there is sister bliss of faithless.it figures 3 days after i leave sasha will be there.

Originally posted by buckman

im actually going to be staying in lahinch and from what im finding out is that its considered the old country. i have 10 days there so maybe ill be able to check out some of the places u all mentioned. id like to try and make it up to kellys @portrush but the only dj thats going to be there is sister bliss of faithless.it figures 3 days after i leave sasha will be there.

That'a a really nice part of Ireland - believe you're right near the cliffs of Moher (sp?). If you get a chance, go a little South to Killarney - nice drive - very cool city- Good pubs :D