Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ibiza

Go check out Garlands, their party is WICKED!! Not sure where they are at this year Garlands @ (............)

Got to hit up DC-10!

KM-5 is cool too.

And if you've never been to a Manumission Party forgoe all else and check them out over at Privilege. That is party that will stay with you for a lifetime!!!

Originally posted by evanscott-syd-

Go check out Garlands, their party is WICKED!! Not sure where they are at this year Garlands @ (............)

Got to hit up DC-10!

KM-5 is cool too.

And if you've never been to a Manumission Party forgoe all else and check them out over at Privilege. That is party that will stay with you for a lifetime!!!

do not go to manumission...its a tourist trap with shitty music...

on monday nights you have one of the hardes decissions to make...either roger sanchez's 8 hour set at pacha or coocon at amnesia for their techno party.

we chose sanchez and his party was off the fucking hook...funky ass house all night....crowd was cheering from song to song....

Originally posted by msoprano13

You really think so? I have been going to Ibiza for many years and the first Manumission party is always a sight to be seen? The night they had Sasha was incredible for the live E-Mix. 2001-2002?

I was just saying that Privilige is the biggest club in the world, and you will never see a party like Manumission elsewhere, that's why it is worth while to go to.

But yes, Release Yourself @ Pacha, Sanchez

Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha, Morillo and Deep Dish, Choo-Choo

'av to hit DC-10

And Garlands @ "Pin-up"... thanks

Chicka-Boom Shake Shake is another good party, not sure where they will be, but last year they were hot

Yeah, I have to agree that Manumission, although a little cheesy and touristy, is a sight to be seen. Of course, for curiosity's sake only.

I think that Privilige still holds the title of largest club in the world so you have to check it out. Last time I was there (well, last time I can actually recall anything that happened there) a midget dressed as Elvis was 'walking' his 'dog' (skinny guy dressed up in black leather bondage gear) who was biting my ankle while the midget was feeding me peanut butter from a spoon. I shit you not.

This place is a trip. I've been to Ibiza six times (while I was still in the UK - too far to travel from here) and, although I promised myself each time I went that I wouldn't go to a Manumission night I always did. It's a laugh. Plus, the promo people shove the bloody flyers down your throat everywhere you go.

If I can make any suggestions for anyone feel free to drop me a mail - highbpm@yahoo.com

BTW - who's out and about in town tonight? (6/6)

Greg

P.S. - Crystal Method was right - we Brits crush clubbers from other countries. ;)

Originally posted by msoprano13

on monday nights you have one of the hardes decissions to make...either roger sanchez's 8 hour set at pacha or coocon at amnesia for their techno party.

we chose sanchez and his party was off the fucking hook...funky ass house all night....crowd was cheering from song to song....

I totally disagree with not going to manumission, for your first time on the island you have to check it out just to see the size and all the freaks is worth the trip and i would say sasha and digweed which were spining together when i went is NOT shitty music. On the other hand the cocoon party with dave pierce SUCKED and it wasnt at amnesia in less they changed it for this year. Ya cant fuck with sanchez though he is the shit

Originally posted by adeliz01

When is everyone going who is going? I just made the decision to go, I'm quite excited......now all I have to do is find people to go with! (All my NY friends are either too broke or aren't into the music.......)

Is there a better time to go? I think I heard that August was good (?)

i'm so jealous.

take lotsa pics.

Where is everyone staying in Ibiza? Is there a resort that is known as the best one? Or is it get in where you can b/c it gets sooo packed?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated..

Originally posted by TGZ

Where is everyone staying in Ibiza? Is there a resort that is known as the best one? Or is it get in where you can b/c it gets sooo packed?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated..

I would check out the jet bossa in playa de bossa . If you want to party that place is key. Bora Bora is like a 2min walk from there and you can walk to space in about 5 min. The place was always jumping with music coming from all the little bars that surround it. Plus its not to cheap or to expensive

Originally posted by evanscott-syd-

You really think so? I have been going to Ibiza for many years and the first Manumission party is always a sight to be seen...

I agree. The music may not be the best at Manumission, but the club itself is worth experiencing. I dont know if it can even be put into words- except to picture the largest club in the world, with a pool inside and huge outdoor area with couches and sofas- and if you climb many stairs, you are in a dome which looks out onto all of Iiza. And to add to this- is a Moulin Rouge type show which happens all night long- with midgets playing jump rope and Mike Manumission himself walking naked across the stage. it would be shame to go to Ibiza and not check this out, I think...:cool:

Originally posted by silvershoes

I agree. The music may not be the best at Manumission, but the club itself is worth experiencing. I dont know if it can even be put into words- except to picture the largest club in the world, with a pool inside and huge outdoor area with couches and sofas- and if you climb many stairs, you are in a dome which looks out onto all of Iiza. And to add to this- is a Moulin Rouge type show which happens all night long- with midgets playing jump rope and Mike Manumission himself walking naked across the stage. it would be shame to go to Ibiza and not check this out, I think...:cool:

I thought it sucked. I am glad I went so that I can say I saw it, but that is really all I did, it was so bad I left in about an hour... so it was about one dollar / minute to see manumission.

Ok, for those who have never gone to Ibiza...you can try to setup the perfect club calender, but it is hard to keep. Let me explain...

I have gone for the last 4 years, and I always chose the week based on :Carl Cox, Sasha OR Digweed. However, I caught DJ's like Laurent Garnier (terrace at Space) and he ROCKED! I remember him pounding a trance tune, and then you hear "Chaka Kahn...Chaka Kahn...." Totaly cool. What a vibe. Also, I caught Will Grant and DJ Vibe open for Cox...they were amazing. Yeah, the big names draw the crowds, but Ibiza offers so many DJ's that have been around for years, but haven't reached "Oakenfold" status. They are the real draw to the Island.

Here is my number 1 tip: Go to Ses Salinas beach, and walk all the way to the end, to Sa Trinxa, aka Sa Trincha. The DJ is amazing, plays great "Houseful Soul", and the party gets very intense. Did I mention it's a nude beach?

And, the people...every walk of life...all smiling.

Have fun!

Any other opinions for good hotels in Ibiza? I got one recommendation for the Jet Bossa.

Also, does anyone know if Junior Vasquez will be at Ibiza anytime this year? I'm planning on going in August but didnt notice his name on the calendar.