Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Message From Code @ Nation

Due to circumstances beyond our control Mauro Picotto did not fulfill his set time at Nation. Mauro was originally supposed to land in Washington, DC at Reagan Airport at 8:30 PM on United flight #4762. Unfortunately this flight was fully canceled due to mechanical problems. He was then rescheduled on a 7:10 flight out of Toronto connecting in Chicago and onto DC which would have made it possible for him to arrive at the venue only a half hour late. When his flight reached Chicago we received a phone call from his management saying there was a delay. This 30 minute delayed turned into over an hour. Mauro finally boarded his flight from Chicago to DC after 12 midnight and landed at Dulles at 2am. Our drivers rushed him to the venue immediately where he took the decks at 3:15 am and ended a little after 4:30 to head back to Reagan to start his way to Germany for his gig the next night.

We apologize for the miscommunication and inconvenience this has caused everyone. In all honesty it was just one thing after another with the flight disasters. We appreciate your feedback and comments you can email us at Code@aureliaentertainment.com

We will try to the best of our abilities try to make special arrangements for those of you that want to attend the Deep Dish event as a sincere apology. When it comes down to it the customer is always right and we want to treat our customers with respect and consideration. Information for next week's event can be found at www.CodeDC.com

New musical direction in the front room and patio will begin next week. We hope to see you there.

Kind Regards,

L. Copicotto

Bookings Director

Code @ Nation

I wasn't there. But for those who were...REFUND maybe??

I know for those that go to concerts and the band doesn't show there are rain checks or refunds. Or is everyone getting shafted? I know that CODE didn't pay him for his full set. Or at least they shouldn't. He did fulfil his agreement, you didn't fulfil yours, if refunds or rain checks weren't provided to you patrons, you should consider yourself lucky should they return.

Originally posted by magic8ball

I understand everyone is angry at that but that brief set he did was better than any 8 hour marathon we've ever had in the Buzz/Code history!

That's a bold statement. We're you on heroin while getting great head and having free money given to you for that hour?

Originally posted by magic8ball

I understand everyone is angry at that but that brief set he did was better than any 8 hour marathon we've ever had in the Buzz/Code history!

honey, i love you, but are you on crack?!?! :shaky:

funkyfresh, it was nice finally meeting you on friday. :)

1) You gotta get rid of DJ Jose in case something like this happens again. If I were there and were subjected to Jose for hours on end, I would've killed someone -- preferably Vic.

2) I wouldn't worry too much about all the shit talkers. I've seen no shows and late DJs everywhere. Funny how soon people forget. Like Steve Lawler at Buzz last year. Advertised as a 4 hour set or something and he spun like an hour and a half? I also remember a few years back going to Buzz for Donald Glaude only to find out once inside that he was a no show cause he missed his flight out of Seattle or something.

But really, though. Jose's gotta go. I'm basing this judgment never having heard him, but if he spins at Dream, I don't wanna hear him. It's not about personal preferences or taste, either. It's an absolute. He sucks. He doesn't need to be desecrating that nice soundsystem at Nation (no 's').

Wow! sounds like Code is 0 for 3! Luckily I haven't been there yet, but by all accounts from my friends no one has had a good time. Maybe it's just not in the cards for you guys. Stick to shitty music cuz when you start promoting quality EDM, the fans really give a shit about it and have high expectations.

Sucks about Picotto's flight, but it seems like there's something every single weekend. WTF? I go to Five regularly and it's no great club or anything. But when they say I'm on the list, I'm on the list. If they say the cover is $10, the cover is $10. They're not spectacluar, just consistent. And that's why they get my money every week.

As it stands you guys could bring Prog-a-palooza into town and I wouldn't show up for fear of wasting my night and severe disappointment.

I'm not trying to hate. In fact, I should be one of Code's biggest fans bc I was looking forward to having top jocks back in that space. Your PR peeps have got their work cut out for them.

Two points - one positive and one negative.

Positive: Though I would be severely dissapointed if I went to see a DJ and that DJ didn't show up, I still understand that what happened with Picotto was not Code's fault. Nobody should blame code for his flights getting repeatedly delayed. HOWEVER, did he really have to leave immediately for a flight to Germany, or could have COde done something else to keep him longer?

Negative: Entry - thats completely and UTTER bullshit if a line is held back on purpose so that people are denied free entry. Lying to make more money (pay entry plus more on alcohol) will be a huge blackmark against Code. If the management is like this, then I suggest that Cottoncandydream, and others, get out before your guys' reputation gets spoiled by Massoud A. productions. Cottoncandydream I know you have promoted some really good parties in NYC, so I have faith that you're giving this your best shot. Thus, I really want to check out Code for myself for Deep Dish. I hope the free entry thing is sorted out before then.

i just hope we dnt get shit this weekend. although im pretty sure stuff should run smoothly. even if the main room doenst open on time, there will be some serious debauchery going on in the front room courtesy of the boys from yoshop. come early and stay late. hope to see you all there.

yeah, DD are spinning at turnmills in London the night before they're at code...hopefully they won't have flight problems.

but I agree with raver 100% on both points...flight delays are going to happen, whether masoud's involved or not...and it is bullshit if they did in fact hold up the line.

Originally posted by addyk

i just hope we dnt get shit this weekend. although im pretty sure stuff should run smoothly. even if the main room doenst open on time, there will be some serious debauchery going on in the front room courtesy of the boys from yoshop. come early and stay late. hope to see you all there.

who's spinning in the front room?

Originally posted by dotdotdot

yeah, DD are spinning at turnmills in London the night before they're at code...hopefully they won't have flight problems.

but I agree with raver 100% on both points...flight delays are going to happen, whether masoud's involved or not...and it is bullshit if they did in fact hold up the line.

Dude, that font is killing my eyesight. *squint*

Bottom line is, so many people are amped up for Deep Dish that if Code @ Nation{s} fucks this one up, it's all over. I can't imagine many people giving them yet another shot at a good night.

(Though, in all fairness, I must say I had a blast at Lawler. I thought it was a great show and his set was great. Just MHO.)

umm, its not possible to leave chicago at 12am and arrive in DC at 2 am.

for arguement sake. United's and American Airlines' last flights leaving from chicago leave around 9pm. nothing later. they arrive in dc at either dullas or national at at 12am or so. thats 3 hours there.

its ~ 30 minute ride from dullas to nation

its ~10 minute ride from national to nation

so that makes travel time from chicago to DC ~3:10 to ~3:30 minutes elapsed time.

so, if you would please how was it possible for mario to leave at midnight, arrive in dc at 2 and get to nation by 3:15 and not go on until 4am?

for the conspiracy people out there this looks kind of shady to me.

additionally, is it possible to get advanced warning on the flight status of Deep Dish this friday?