Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why you hate New Yorkers

shroomy

Take her perspective into account, George. She's in NYC, used to a better standard. It's like if I owned a BMW 850, I'd think my old Ford Taurus sucked....

Atlanta may be something to the Georgians, but it's hardly a blip on the world clubbing radar...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by pod:

Atlanta may be something to the Georgians, but it's hardly a blip on the world clubbing radar...

the man has a point, I think this is muted argument.

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene

-------------------------

"To The South Side, To The South Side, To The South Side, To The South Side!"

AIM: digit960

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

Atlanta has some incredible clubs. Casa Nova's is a premier club that has been booking the talent for a long time now. Backstreets and Riviera only cater to the high profile DJ's that are popular right now like DJ Cox on the radio from Atlanta's power station. So before you talk crap about Atlanta do your research New Yorker!

Backstreets is a filthy club. It needs to be burnt to the ground. Rivieria, well it's changed names so many times and bottom line is it's okay but overall cheesy. I lived there for fourteen years and have lots of friends who still live there and I visit several times a year. Casa Nova I haven't heard of. My visits for partying have been less frequent since I've elected to spend more time with family when I go home.

Actually one of the coolest places is Cresent Room and one of the others is 1050 and also Velvet Room is cool from what I hear. There are some promoters that do cool parties...George Acosta was there recently for a party that sounded like fun. But I guess it's just having lived there for 14 years that got old. We always traversed to Miami for some really fun clubbing! I'm just grateful to have the opportunity to have moved to New York. And I still love coming to South Beach for a change of pace! I guess I just was surprised that someone commented that Atlanta would lure away South Beachers...I just do't see that happening..unless they based their choice on reasons other than the club scene, like perhaps job opportunities or the school system if someone has kids.

I'm going to make this simple. Compared to New York, Florida is a little miniscule piece of shit. You can say whatever you want about New York, but at least our populace is intelligent enough to punch fucking holes through paper where they're required (remember the votes)? No wonder your governor is a dumbass. BTW, Miami was built by New Yorkers. So STFU bitch.

Originally posted by shugabooga:

Backstreets is a filthy club. It needs to be burnt to the ground. Rivieria, well it's changed names so many times and bottom line is it's okay but overall cheesy. Casa Nova I haven't heard of. My visits for partying have been less frequent since I've elected to spend more time with family when I go home.

Your sooooo busted for lying now. Those are old Miami clubs that were popular in the day. Backstreets I think was in Broward and Riveira and Casa Nova's was in Hialeah. Those don't exist in Atlanta. I'm surprised you didn't say that you knew cox on the radio from atlanta's power station. HA HA HA HA I'm onto you now psuedo Atlanta person.

psuedo atlanta person? cwm27.gif George, ur outta hand

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

Your sooooo busted for lying now. Those are old Miami clubs that were popular in the day. Backstreets I think was in Broward and Riveira and Casa Nova's was in Hialeah. Those don't exist in Atlanta. I'm surprised you didn't say that you knew cox on the radio from atlanta's power station. HA HA HA HA I'm onto you now psuedo Atlanta person.

Why would I lie about having lived in Atlanta for fourteen years? Backstreets is primarily a gay club in Midtown that's been there for years and on Saturday nights all the straight people hang out there. It's open 24 hours a day, as is Riviera. Riviera used to be Club Anytime, and long before that it was the Zone. What's your connection to Atlanta, and why do you think it's so great? If you think Riviera & Backstreets are clubs in South Florida and Casa Nova's doesn't exist in Atlanta, then why are you trying to make a case for a city you're not even familiar with?

cwm3.gif

I understand you guys not liking tourists or New Yorkers coming to South Beach, but the bottom line is ECONOMICS. Tourist dollars basically made South Beach what it is and keep it going year after year. We have tourists all over New York 365 days a year, that's just the way it goes. Think about the rap/hip hop weekend on Memorial Day and compare it to Winter Music Conference and tell me which group of people would you rather blast off the face of the earth?

Originally posted by househeadnyc:

I'm going to make this simple. Compared to New York, Florida is a little miniscule piece of shit. You can say whatever you want about New York, but at least our populace is intelligent enough to punch fucking holes through paper where they're required (remember the votes)? No wonder your governor is a dumbass. BTW, Miami was built by New Yorkers. So STFU bitch.

Amen

------------------

~~all those who dance may enter my life~~

Originally posted by shroomy:

Well I could go on and on, but for now I'll just go straight to number one

They don't stay in NY!

to begin, I don’t hate new yorkers. I was born and raised in new york, and in my heart, I am still a new yorker. I have mad respect for both new yorkers, and floridians. hate is very strong word; which should not be used injudiciously.

laterz, sobeton

------------------

sobeton.jpg

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 07-06-2001).]

he he he.....

househeadnyc thanks for helping me make my point that NYC is filled with nothing but rude, egotistical, selfcentered idiots!

(redundant redundant, I know)

Next will you tell me that your dad can beat up my dad?

Now why can't we keep all you NY'ers off our miniscule piece of shit?

All I ask is that you stay home.

BTW West Palm Beach is about 50% NY'ers .. no wonder they couldn't figure out that complicated ballot.

Why am I reminded of that Clueless movie?

but I will agree.. besides the weather, crime and people, cost of living, etc. NY has some pretty cool shit. If we only had a neutron bomb we would have a winner.

---------------------------------------

Don't blame me I voted for Gore (..and Buchanan)

let me make one thing clear and i think i speak for the new york board: we don't claim househeadnyc as one of our own. the only thing he's good for is stirring up trouble and his views are so pathetic that he makes a lot of us laugh. he doesn't represent what we're all about, which is making friends & banding together for the good of the underground music scene.

Originally posted by househeadnyc:

a class act, all the way

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Hey guys. I'll be in Miami next week. What are some of the good clubs down there. BTW I am living in NJ right now (Princeton), but I am originally from Cali. I think any negatives about NYC are not from New Yorkers. The problem is from the poser-ass Jersey fuckers who fill the place up. That's why clubbing in NYC rulz come like 4 am when all the jersey dipshits have gone home......this is only a generalization, some jersey people rock yet most do NOT! Thanks guys. Your dialogue is hilarious!

Originally posted by shugabooga:

let me make one thing clear...snip

1) love your name.... isn't there some spanish female rapper named that??

2) hope you come to Miami smile.gif I know there are tons of folks like you in NYC, it's just that you pass by with out noticing, but you can't help but notice all the househeadnyc's that seem to be everywhere down here.

------------------

Hate your job? Not happy with your life? We have a support group for that. Its called EVERYONE. We meet at the bar everynight.

Well I don't keep up with anything to do with rap.. but when she's on television you just can't help but watch...

And it probabally helps that its in spanish.

BTW I found out her name is Shuga Wuga

close enough.

6bc1f1sw1g.jpg

6bc1f1sw3g.jpg

------------------

Hate your job? Not happy with your life? We have a support group for that. Its called EVERYONE. We meet at the bar everynight.

that's hysterical!!!! i wonder how she came up with the name. mine is based on a nicknname that i came up with for my cats...started out as "sugar" but with my southern accent mixed with baby talk it came out "shuga" or "shugie" then "shugieboogie" then "shugabooga" ...just nonsense you say to your pet.

she looks a lot like christina aquilera, don't you think?

and where's georgeacasta with his bright comebacks about me being a pseudo atlantan?

Now for another reason to dislike NY'ers....

(sobeton.. notice I don't use the hate word? smile.gif )

Went to the Marlins/Yank game on Friday in Miaim...

45K people all roooting fot the Yankee$

All obnoxious as hell as the home team was kicking their asses. The crowd couldnt have gotten into Mensa if you combined their total IQ.

BTW why do the Yanks even have minor league teams??? They just buy all their players anyway. Not that I'm not kind of envious to have that kind of $$$ but do they have a single starting player from their own organization?

BTW I know, it says more about the lack of miami support for their own team... but I just needed an excuse to vent.

------------------

"You shouldn't smoke that shit.. it steals your ambition"

"Not if your ambition is to get high, and watch T.V."

Archived