****Official Deep Dish at Code Thread****

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

metro it in.

its a $25 dollar cab ride from the springfield metro to a block from my house. i grew up using metro, I would love to use it, but its too far.

Originally posted by jroo

its a $25 dollar cab ride from the springfield metro to a block from my house. i grew up using metro, I would love to use it, but its too far.

get one of your roomates to drive you to the metro. sopha says jimi might go.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

get one of your roomates to drive you to the metro. sopha says jimi might go.

jimi's been sick for a week and a half. i'll see waht i can do about the ride thing.

Originally posted by jroo

jimi's been sick for a week and a half. i'll see waht i can do about the ride thing.

i'm gonna make jimi go. if not, get a cab to my place (tysons corner) and I can drive from there. but you better be prepared to stay late if the night is goes well.

It was so hard to choose from one of the 1,000,000,000 threads about Friday but this one won...

Looks like Deep Dish is suppose to go on at 12:30 am and do a 3+ hour set. Dan Sampson is opening & closing.

:shaky: x 2

sorry if this was posted already but again there are so many threads about this I'm all lost :worry:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

It was so hard to choose from one of the 1,000,000,000 threads about Friday but this one won...

Looks like Deep Dish is suppose to go on at 12:30 am and do a 3+ hour set. Dan Sampson is opening & closing.

sorry if this was posted already but again there are so many threads about this I'm all lost :worry:

3 hour set? That's like only *pulls out the calculator* 1.5 hours of Ali and 1.5 hours of Sharam! That sucks. :(

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Who's Dan Sampson? What kind of stuff does he spin?

Originally posted by raver_mania

Who's Dan Sampson? What kind of stuff does he spin?

He's from Yosh, I think. Addy?

"Coming from the UK, dance music has been a part of Dan's life for a long, long time. His first encounters with the then very-underground dance scene were at clubs like Subterrania, in London's West End, and in the countless illegal raves that took place up and down the country. Soon, he wanted to be more than just a face in the crowd. Inspired by the first wave of 'Superstar DJs' like Jeremy Healy, Allister Whitehead, Tony De Vit and Pete Tong, Dan bought a pair of cheap tables from a friend and began mixing. First, it was just a way to get all his favourite tunes on one tape, but then he turned his sights on the clubs he had for years frequented.

Today, Dan has chalked up an impressive DJing resume with appearances in the UK, Ibiza, and Belgium, and over here in ashington DC, Baltimore and North Carolina. Never one to stick to a single style, when you go to see Dan play you'll hear the best soulful, funky house, seamlessly blended with harder, driving progressive beats, but always with an energy that makes people get up and dance. As Dan says,"Too many DJs get caught up in trying to 'educate' their audience. Playing records that just don't work on the dancefloor, forgetting that when people go to a club, they're there to have a good time, not to be lectured to. I just want everyone to go home happy when they have been to see me play." Go and see Dan Sampson, and we gaurantee you will"

Originally posted by cookiegirl

He's from Yosh, I think. Addy?

"Coming from the UK, dance music has been a part of Dan's life for a long, long time. His first encounters with the then very-underground dance scene were at clubs like Subterrania, in London's West End, and in the countless illegal raves that took place up and down the country. Soon, he wanted to be more than just a face in the crowd. Inspired by the first wave of 'Superstar DJs' like Jeremy Healy, Allister Whitehead, Tony De Vit and Pete Tong, Dan bought a pair of cheap tables from a friend and began mixing. First, it was just a way to get all his favourite tunes on one tape, but then he turned his sights on the clubs he had for years frequented.

Today, Dan has chalked up an impressive DJing resume with appearances in the UK, Ibiza, and Belgium, and over here in ashington DC, Baltimore and North Carolina. Never one to stick to a single style, when you go to see Dan play you'll hear the best soulful, funky house, seamlessly blended with harder, driving progressive beats, but always with an energy that makes people get up and dance. As Dan says,"Too many DJs get caught up in trying to 'educate' their audience. Playing records that just don't work on the dancefloor, forgetting that when people go to a club, they're there to have a good time, not to be lectured to. I just want everyone to go home happy when they have been to see me play." Go and see Dan Sampson, and we gaurantee you will"

Where's Ashington DC? Is that where Nation's is? :shaky:

ya dans from yoshop.com. nice guy. good dj. resident @ spank friday nights. i was under the impression that he was playing in the front room, well thats what he told me. hm. ill look into this.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by spinsaikel

i'm gonna make jimi go. if not, get a cab to my place (tysons corner) and I can drive from there. but you better be prepared to stay late if the night is goes well.

i can get a ride to ed's preparty, then i need a ride from his place to nation, then back to va. so i may take that offer from you