Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marques Wyatt @ Opium

dgrutman

whoa dave what the flip, u bringing some great music back to opium. Normally only dade makes events that get me over there and he doesn't do them often, but by looks of it opium might now start to sound as good as it looks. Two great dates posted and with the talent i see at both space and opium, u can bet this will be a great summer. Looking forward to seeing what maze and nerve will be offering, by the way how come crobar is so quiet this year? Guess cedric and those locals are making them good enough money. Feels good to have great house at various locations again throughout the weekend.

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

I'm glad he is coming to Miami again but I feel this is the wrong venue for this music. No harm Dave and Dade, just my opinion.

Does Marques know the deal with Opium? I hope so.

thanks guy. what is the deal? we have put speakers everywhere so no matter where you are it sounds loud. i think this is great venue for marques. friday night at opium which is packed and a great way to expose people to the amazing sounds of mr. wyatt.

marques' sounds would be perfect for opium, besides all the deephouse junkies are bound to show their faces so ;) i'll be there for sure ;) maques has that oh so sexie music

-domingo

good job dave/dade

Originally posted by bingo

marques' sounds would be perfect for opium, besides all the deephouse junkies are bound to show their faces so ;) i'll be there for sure ;) maques has that oh so sexie music

-domingo

good job dave/dade

Agree ... it will be a really nice setting for some deephouse ... I really enjoyed Marques when he came down to Rain ... good luck D & D :hat:

• 3 weeks later...

Sound Design" v. 1, a continuous mix by DJ Marques Wyatt, showcases Mr. Wyatt who has been commanding the turntables for over 12 years now, with residencies at Los Angeles' Does Your Mama Know?, Deep, Revival, and San Francisco's Release. Headlining alongside "Little Louie" Vega, Mark Farina, Derrick Carter, and Doc Martin, Marques has emerged at the forefront of the global House music phenomenon. For this first installment of Sound Design,Marques has delivered a continuous mix of moody, percussive deep house textures…14 tracks for dance music lovers of all flavors.

Through over a decade of dedication, hard work and above all a passion for music, Los Angeles native Marques Wyatt has emerged amongst a pack of elite international DJs at the forefront of the global House Music phenomenon. He has been immersed in the club scene since 1985, and in addition to DJing, balances a dual role as one of LA's most respected club promoters.

In the mid-eighties, Marques introduced LA to the New York underground House sound by promoting his own club, THE BBC. The BBC brought House music to the club-goers of LA and set a precedent for musical formats in nightclubs. Recognizing the growing popularity of House music, Marques opened MAC'S GARAGE in 1988, LA's first club to showcase live House performances. MAC'S GARAGE featured artists such as Adeva, Jomanda, CeCe Rogers and LizTorres. As the demand continued to grow and evolve, Marques focused on bringing the most influential international DJ talent to LA - David Morales, Frankie Knuckles, Tony Humphries, Mousse T., Boris Duglosch, CJ Macintosh, Ricky Morrisson, Claudio Coccoluto, Dimitri from Paris, and "Little" Louie Vega.

It was through Louie Vega that New York was introduced to Marques in 1996 at the world renowned Sound Factory Bar, here Marques earned the critical respect from the New York music industry. The same year a seminal moment in Marques' career occurred at the Winter Music Conference in Miami, where he grabbed the House world's attention by taking control of the turntables at Vega & Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez's Masters at Work party. Since then, Marques' turntable technique has been sought after by clubs the world over, including the internationally respected Ministry of Sound in London. In addition to England, Marques has toured Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Holland, Germany, Japan, Canada, and the width - breadth of the United States.

Never forgetting his home, Marques continues to both promote and play at LA's top clubs. He maintains his residency at High Society, and this year bid adieu to his longtime residency at the legendary after-hours club, DOES YOUR MAMA KNOW?, in order to devote his attention to his widely successful new party, DEEP, at the Viper Room. At DEEP he hosts the cream of the international DJ crop such as Derrick Carter, Mark Farina, King Britt, Mark Grant, Tony Humphries, Louie Vega, and David Morales. Additionally, Marques and longtime friend and fellow Los Angeles DJ/Producer Doc Martin have teamed up to promote REVIVAL, a new monthly Sunday daytime party in LA. Marques also maintains a strong presence in nearby San Francisco via his monthly residency at the city's biggest weekly club, RELEASE.

from omrecords.com

Can't wait for this one, with avb and marques it looks like opium is gonna put on one hell of a show this summer with different style of electronic music.

• 3 weeks later...