Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Do You Prefer To Be Nyc Music?house/trance

House music is what its all about to me. But i do ikea very very very small handfull oftrance songs mayb like 4 or 5. But NYC should always be about house music Local djs spinnig RECORDS in HOUSE MUSIC CLUBS. And keeping trance in a small room or lounge. What was MARSHALL JEFFERSON screamin all those yrs ago. "GOTTA HAVE HOUSE MUSIC,ALL NIGHT LONG".

i feel and i think everyone will agree with me

that house music is an nyc thing

its what started here and there are alot of clubs that play house n tribal

but i feel nyc needs a regular trance/techno party

so say one mega club like crobar when the open will cater to house

and say a new mega club opend up that catered to trance

that way all these people will stop bitchin about how this music sucks, i dont like this its cheesey and keep on crying.

and you will have a choice if you like house go to the house club

and if you like trance go to the trance club thats it case closed

Originally posted by silverbull

House music is my preference. Just like women, not men.

What another ignorant statement. yur a moron.

A more correct statement would be that you only like 125lb 5'3" brunettes who are half italian and half french and talks with a lisp.

(no offense to 125lb 5'3" brunettes who are half italian and half french and talks with a lisp)

NY is definitely a house town, no questions asked, and I also think that most trance sucks a big one. But what do I "prefer to be NYC music" ????? Different strokes for different folks- as long as I can get my fix when I need it, I don't "prefer" the music to be anything...

Music goes beyond the artist or genres for me. I don't care if I'm listening to Trance, Tribal, or deep house... what grabs my attention is the creativity and technology used to create a track.

I like a track that makes me ask "what were they thinking when they created this", "wonder what they used to create this". And so on.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

u hang out on Austin Street..ur opinion doesnt count..go do a bump @ 5 Burros

hahaa brooo see me spin at factory or exit hear the tracks that im dropping you will be like damn THE HARD ONEZ !!!

Originally posted by djqwest

Music goes beyond the artist or genres for me. I don't care if I'm listening to Trance, Tribal, or deep house... what grabs my attention is the creativity and technology used to create a track.

I like a track that makes me ask "what were they thinking when they created this", "wonder what they used to create this". And so on.

I see yur point. I would add that in addition to what u said, I also think "what is this track trying to tell me" and "where is this track taking me" as some things that I think about. I guess you have to as a person who loves music and is also dj'ing and producing.

NYC has always been a House City, and will probaly stay that way, look at the past history,

Trance is Trance, and i think we have ENOUGHT OF IT IN NY..

i love how ny is getting darker Everywere, Besides ARC, alot of Gay,Straight dj's n clubs are starting to go Deaper n Darker and i LOVE IT

Trance is amazing, nothing can stir up emotions like some of these tracks out there. Saying it sux is ridiculous because its straight up music that sick. Put in a dreamy vocal and your in heavan. I love all electronica so i cant say i hate any one style. I listen to EVERYTHING and anything that gets me bopping my head or feeling the beat is a great track. NYC is definetly a more House feel which is unfortunate because the scene overall is nothing compared to Miami. In Miami they got it all u can go to Crobar to listen to some sick techno or u can roll up to Space and hear the trance. Or just turn up 93.1 a sick radio station that broadcasts some of the best djs in the world. Just makes u think how far behind NYC is when it comes down to dance music. I hope people would stop bitching about what they dont like and just keep their ears open and their mouths shut. Everyone has different tastes and u shouldnt judge someone on what they like or dont like. When we all just look at the overall picture we're all out there for one reason to go have fun, dance and forgot about all our problems for the moment. Thats just what i think anyway. I am sure some of u people are going to have something to say because this is clubplanet and it a'nt new to me, but thats totally going against everything i just said. Peace fellow clubheads. Keep the Beat flowing!

I love trance but the hell with vocals - they have no business in anything trancey. But I'm English so I'm biased.

BTW - where's the best place to go for some banging trance this evening? I'm coming to the city tonight.

Anybody?

haha

i hate miami, its like a 24hour Sf there, id rather dance in dark dirty clubs to the worlds best dj's then see oakenfuck crank at Crobar>

And yea i have been everywere in Miami, its to big, to flashy n to stupid, back in the day Miami was the shit now its just a Flashy ass colledge town, with Alot of wanna be models who need to fucking EAT SOME FOOD, it aint what it was in the 90's

90-95.........

olympia

Originally posted by jaysea

haha

i hate miami, its like a 24hour Sf there, id rather dance in dark dirty clubs to the worlds best dj's then see oakenfuck crank at Crobar>

And yea i have been everywere in Miami, its to big, to flashy n to stupid, back in the day Miami was the shit now its just a Flashy ass colledge town, with Alot of wanna be models who need to fucking EAT SOME FOOD, it aint what it was in the 90's

90-95.........

olympia

true, but i guarantee you would have looooooooooved crobar during WMC for the subliminal party ;)

NYC is big enough that all genre's should have equal play. A lot of ppl. like different things, and it doesn't matter how long you have been in the scene. (I know ppl. who consider trance their fav. genre and have been listening to this stuff since Age of Love came out.)

Personally I am a Trance-head but I like to see all genre's, I don't think anyone should dominate. But to all of those who said NYC is a House city would be 100% correct.

Silverbull, your a fool, and you like Ricky Corbo... :laugh:

Originally posted by arcloverdc

NYC is big enough that all genre's should have equal play. A lot of ppl. like different things, and it doesn't matter how long you have been in the scene. (I know ppl. who consider trance their fav. genre and have been listening to this stuff since Age of Love came out.)

Personally I am a Trance-head but I like to see all genre's, I don't think anyone should dominate. But to all of those who said NYC is a House city would be 100% correct.

Silverbull, your a fool, and you like Ricky Corbo... :laugh:

:laugh:

<-----trying to get some other genres some equal play :D