promoters

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence, but why Christian?

I mean if you want to have a safe, non-alcoholic, non-drug-taking environment cool! Why would I want to mix my religion with my partying.

Personally... I think your missing the whole point of electronic dance music culture. I think if you ask most people... it's not about what color you are, where you come from, how much money you have, or what religion you belong to. It's about coming together under one groove.

JMHO!

Good luck though! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun waiting around late at night/early in the morning for the non-Christians to show so you can convert them.

BAH!

I wonder what will be the door policy of this establishment?

No SHIRT, No CRUCIFIX, No ENTRY!

How about!

Cover charge is $10 and 8 Hail Mary's ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Or maybe!

Free Holy Water and Communion hosts before 11pm!

Originally posted by drewbongiorno

I wonder what will be the door policy of this establishment?

No SHIRT, No CRUCIFIX, No ENTRY!

How about!

Cover charge is $10 and 8 Hail Mary's ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Or maybe!

Free Holy Water and Communion hosts before 11pm!

dckix.gif

Convert Your Music!

I, for one, am very surprised at what a negative, disrespectful and offensive tone this thread has taken....

I don't know anything about this organization, but from my vantage point it looks as if they are trying to do something positive.....As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind supporting something like this (which I have done in the past)

I really don't understand why this would turn into a negative bashing thread where people would mock something that is very important to alot of us..

Moderators.....if any thread has ever warranted being moved to DRAMA....THIS IS IT!

AIN'T NO SHAME IN MY CHRISTIANITY!!!!

(no matter how unpopular that may be in the "electronic music culture")

:D

O.G.

Originally posted by djoscarg

I, for one, am very surprised at what a negative, disrespectful and offensive tone this thread has taken....

I don't know anything about this organization, but from my vantage point it looks as if they are trying to do something positive.....As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind supporting something like this (which I have done in the past)

I really don't understand why this would turn into a negative bashing thread where people would mock something that is very important to alot of us..

Moderators.....if any thread has ever warranted being moved to DRAMA....THIS IS IT!

AIN'T NO SHAME IN MY CHRISTTIANITY!!!!

O.G.

Oh this IS great! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

AIN'T NO SHAME IN MY CHRISTIANITY!!!!

O.G.

I'm gonna back oscar up on this one...even though i can't stand the guy! if some promoters are trying to do something postive, why not support? i don't think they are saying that non-christians can't attend. they are just looking to do something with a bit of outreach...nothing wrong with that. about 4 times a year, i dedicate some tour dates to doing a christian event in jacksonville called "fusion." it's a christian event, which caters to the entire community. they are trying to put a positive spin on electronic music as well as give kids (quite a few who are just plain old lost in the world) somewhere to go and be safe, have a good time, and listen to some great electronic music. these events aren't trying to push the word of God down anyone's throat. however, it's known that it is a christian sponsored event. any problems there? i don't think so. i'm proud to be a christian, but i don't go around shoving it down anyones throat in clubland (i shove techno down your throats instead...open wide). i'm proud of being a christian, and proud of what it represents (and by christian i don't mean some nerdy kid who walks around with a bible begging everyone to go to church w/ them...that seems to be the way a lot of people view christians...sometimes yes...but not always...). heck, i'm even a PK...a pastor's kid! so, let's show a little love and throw our anger at something worthwhile....CRAP MUSIC!!!!!!

paz,

stryke

I don't wanna make it seem like you wrote was not important, but the truth is that CPers are just a bunch of people that like to eat shit. Even if they offend others (i.e. the infamous Saleen), that's just how it is. Most of the stuff is said jokingly....eventhough there is a time to be serious and a time to play.

But, if you really are interested....do what the First post says, and ignore everyone. :)

Originally posted by lextcy

crucified.gif

the fact that this emoticon exists is sad.....

and the fact that anybody would use it is even worst....

sorry guys...I fail to see the humor in this...

and I'm just not buying that whole...."CPers are just a bunch of people that like to eat shit" rap....I like to eat shit BIG TIME....it is actually my prefered pass-time (why else would I waste my time on this ridiculous board!!!) but not when it offends others.....and that goes for any race, religion or culture....

the fact that this emoticon exists is sad.....

and the fact that anybody would use it is even worst....

sorry guys...I fail to see the humor in this...

and I'm just not buying that whole...."CPers are just a bunch of people that like to eat shit" rap....I like to eat shit BIG TIME....it is actually my prefered pass-time (why else would I waste my time on this ridiculous board!!!) but not when it offends others.....and that goes for any race, religion or culture....

Some people don't know their limits, and some people don't have any. :(