Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Late Night Christian Events Supporters

promoters

Originally posted by stryke303

I'm gonna back oscar up on this one...even though i can't stand the guy! if some promoters are trying to do something postive, why not support? i don't think they are saying that non-christians can't attend. they are just looking to do something with a bit of outreach...nothing wrong with that. about 4 times a year, i dedicate some tour dates to doing a christian event in jacksonville called "fusion." it's a christian event, which caters to the entire community. they are trying to put a positive spin on electronic music as well as give kids (quite a few who are just plain old lost in the world) somewhere to go and be safe, have a good time, and listen to some great electronic music. these events aren't trying to push the word of God down anyone's throat. however, it's known that it is a christian sponsored event. any problems there? i don't think so. i'm proud to be a christian, but i don't go around shoving it down anyones throat in clubland (i shove techno down your throats instead...open wide). i'm proud of being a christian, and proud of what it represents (and by christian i don't mean some nerdy kid who walks around with a bible begging everyone to go to church w/ them...that seems to be the way a lot of people view christians...sometimes yes...but not always...). heck, i'm even a PK...a pastor's kid! so, let's show a little love and throw our anger at something worthwhile....CRAP MUSIC!!!!!!

paz,

stryke

My oh this IS great comment was not sarcastic. I meant it was great, but unfortunately people on this board are too narrow minded. I'm not the most religious girl in the bunch, but I respect others' opinions...and I think it is great...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian Rave are really big more north. They got the $$$$$ to do massive productions.

I personaly hate some christians because of their history.

most christians are people that converted and had major problems in the past, abuse, to much drinking, drugs, and are trying to hide their past with the lord. and make them selfs seem like good people.

Originally posted by djoscarg

I, for one, am very surprised at what a negative, disrespectful and offensive tone this thread has taken....

I don't know anything about this organization, but from my vantage point it looks as if they are trying to do something positive.....As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind supporting something like this (which I have done in the past)

I really don't understand why this would turn into a negative bashing thread where people would mock something that is very important to alot of us..

Moderators.....if any thread has ever warranted being moved to DRAMA....THIS IS IT!

AIN'T NO SHAME IN MY CHRISTIANITY!!!!

(no matter how unpopular that may be in the "electronic music culture")

:D

O.G.

ogstrikeclouds.jpg

Originally posted by stryke303

I'm gonna back oscar up on this one...even though i can't stand the guy! if some promoters are trying to do something postive, why not support? i don't think they are saying that non-christians can't attend. they are just looking to do something with a bit of outreach...nothing wrong with that. about 4 times a year, i dedicate some tour dates to doing a christian event in jacksonville called "fusion." it's a christian event, which caters to the entire community. they are trying to put a positive spin on electronic music as well as give kids (quite a few who are just plain old lost in the world) somewhere to go and be safe, have a good time, and listen to some great electronic music. these events aren't trying to push the word of God down anyone's throat. however, it's known that it is a christian sponsored event. any problems there? i don't think so. i'm proud to be a christian, but i don't go around shoving it down anyones throat in clubland (i shove techno down your throats instead...open wide). i'm proud of being a christian, and proud of what it represents (and by christian i don't mean some nerdy kid who walks around with a bible begging everyone to go to church w/ them...that seems to be the way a lot of people view christians...sometimes yes...but not always...). heck, i'm even a PK...a pastor's kid! so, let's show a little love and throw our anger at something worthwhile....CRAP MUSIC!!!!!!

paz,

stryke

strikeclouds.jpg

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

ogstrikeclouds.jpg

see....

now this shit is funny!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and Nexus.....it sounds like you are referring to born-again Christians....don't think you should hate them though....we should be glad that they have found "the light"..everyone is welcome!

I was born and raised Catholic myself....

and have a serious CRACK problem...;)

George needs to be saved! :laugh:

About 60% of the stuff on ALL messageboards is said in jest and not to offend........some people just have an edgier sense of humor and need not be crucified, as it were......good idea to shed a positive light on the scene though!

*tip-toes back out the thread*

see....

now this shit is funny!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and Nexus.....it sounds like you are referring to born-again Christians....don't think you should hate them though....we should be glad that they have found "the light"..everyone is welcome!

I was born and raised Catholic myself....

and have a serious CRACK problem...;)

Yeah, Hate is wrong word to use..

My girl's parent are reborn, and the way they see things now it;

If ur not christian, you are an outsider and thats bad. The devil runs you.

I don't like the ones that go overboard and try to cut out non-christains. They don't belive in sience, nor logic. it's all god.

I don't hate them, more power to them. just don't call me the devil because I'm not christian.

So yes, I can't say I hate them, I just don't feel confort around some.

To each their own.

I belive in a god, and I also belive in sience.

so that makes it my own god.

the fact that this emoticon exists is sad.....

and the fact that anybody would use it is even worst....

sorry guys...I fail to see the humor in this...

and I'm just not buying that whole...."CPers are just a bunch of people that like to eat shit" rap....I like to eat shit BIG TIME....it is actually my prefered pass-time (why else would I waste my time on this ridiculous board!!!) but not when it offends others.....and that goes for any race, religion or culture....

damn, sorry to have sparked up so much emotion with the smilie. i know i'm an bgrasshole.gif i wasn't raised with religion - in fact i've never been to church in my life. dckix.gif so i didn't mean to offend anyone. biggrinangel.gif so please pray for me. i guess i really need it.

Originally posted by lextcy

damn, sorry to have sparked up so much emotion with the smilie. i know i'm an bgrasshole.gif i wasn't raised with religion - in fact i've never been to church in my life. dckix.gif so i didn't mean to offend anyone. biggrinangel.gif so please pray for me. i guess i really need it.

You don't need to apologize. We know you're a good guy.... who the fuck cares what smiley you put on here.

And who cares if you've never been to church. I was obligated to do my communion and I never went back to church after that, except for weddings of course. I still don't know what I believe in...or what to believe. But that's life. We make those decisions for ourselves.

We all believe in what we want to believe in. If we do it in the privacy of our own home, or in a church with Priest's Volvo's parked outside, that's your own choice.

:D Point is...you're a great guy and you love your daughter....so screw everyone else.:D

Originally posted by themrs

You don't need to apologize. We know you're a good guy.... who the fuck cares what smiley you put on here.

And who cares if you've never been to church. I was obligated to do my communion and I never went back to church after that, except for weddings of course. I still don't know what I believe in...or what to believe. But that's life. We make those decisions for ourselves.

We all believe in what we want to believe in. If we do it in the privacy of our own home, or in a church with Priest's Volvo's parked outside, that's your own choice.

:D Point is...you're a great guy and you love your daughter....so screw everyone else.:D

Thanks for backing me up, Lil' mama! wink.gif

do you think this means I'm banned from the Late Nite Christian events? dummhead.gifdont.gif

Originally posted by nexusgroove

Christian Rave are really big more north. They got the $$$$$ to do massive productions.

I personaly hate some christians because of their history.

most christians are people that converted and had major problems in the past, abuse, to much drinking, drugs, and are trying to hide their past with the lord. and make them selfs seem like good people.

fuck you man

Hope I see you out some time so I can show you some hate.

:punch: :punch: :punch:

the people who should be apologizing r the people who brain wash people to think in a one track mind...if its not there way were all going to hell...Im behind u all the way lex...i got ur back all throgh the depths of heaven and hell...even though these places probably dont even exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

the people who should be apologizing r the people who brain wash people to think in a one track mind...if its not there way were all going to hell...Im behind u all the way lex...i got ur back all throgh the depths of heaven and hell...even though these places probably dont even exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alot of people believe in it though angel.gif.

obviously not me or you and that's why the flux exists.

slookr.gif

sorry i missed you on fri see u @ crobar

dance.gifdance.gif

alot of people believe in it though angel.gif.

obviously not me or you and that's why the flux exists.

slookr.gif

sorry i missed you on fri see u @ crobar

dance.gifdance.gif

Alot of people belive bcuz there not given a choice....from day 1 there being brain washed that they have to believe in something or a certain thing...We should teach the power of the human mind....cuz when it comes down to it...thats where it all comes from...If we would teach tolerance from day 1.....how to care reguardless of who, what where when, how....we'd be in a much better place....ill say it again greaest song of all time.....John Lennon- Imagine....they should play that song round the clock till it starts to sink into people minds ....but then again that would be brain washing to....:rolleyes: ....bottom line...cant we all just get along...without having to believe in anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, this has got to be one of the funniest posts of the day!! I LOVE the devilish laughing smilie!!!! Y'all some straight FOOLS!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Originally posted by sheendawg

Okay, this has got to be one of the funniest posts of the day!! I LOVE the devilish laughing smilie!!!! Y'all some straight FOOLS!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

he's all about the smilies.

that's what got him into all this trouble in the first place.

I could honestly care less what someone's religion is, that's me. I have Christian friends, Jewish friends, Islamic friends, and non-religious friends. Most of them are tolerant enough folk, they don't try to shove their religions down other people's throats.

I was fortunate enough to be raised in a non-religious household...the only hard and fast rule I grew up with was "don't get caught!" :laugh: ... It gave me an interesting perspective though.

The sad thing is a lot of people tend to see religions represented by their fundamentalist wings...bible-thumpers, suicide bombers, and guys in mosques with AK-47s...you get my drift. But that's just the extreme end...just like there's extreme clubgoers, the guys and girls you see on the patio at 10 AM grinding their teeth into powder...are all clubbers like that? Nope. Just like all Christians aren't bible-thumpers, Jewish people don't all hate Muslims and think they're the 'chosen ones', and not all Muslims wear C4 jackets with Primacord trim. It's just the bloody nuts in each religion. Think about it, it's like the trancewhores vs the househeads vs the breakbeat folk, each group has it's nutballs.

So if someone wants to throw a Christian-oriented rave, go for it! It's not any different than the Christian rock events that have been around for years now.

I think Greg should do a "Son of a Preacher Man" remix :) Though with the gospel vocals, Oscar could handle Side B, too.

AIN'T NO SHAME IN MY CHRISTIANITY!!!!

(no matter how unpopular that may be in the "electronic music culture")

:D

O.G.

Oscar there is no shame in **any** religion.

Buddhism

Judaism

Christianity

Sikhism

Confucianism

Hinduism

Taoism

Islam

Vodun

Jainism

Baha'i Faith

Shinto

**and my personal favorite**

Druism (or Drewism - lol)..... to name a few.

Who said anything about shame? ;)