Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space 34 Goes All Hip Hop On Fridays

sobespeakers

WOW... THATS CRAZY

I THOUGHT IT WAS A DANCE CLUB, NOT A GHETTO...

DOES ANY ONE HAVE 411 ON THIS?

I SAW THE FLYER, BUT WHO'S DOING IT????????

MAYBEY THEY CAN GET THE LOCAL CROWD FROM OVERTOWN, SO IT SHOULD BE PACKED?

WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN THE BIG TRANCE DJ'S COME?????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

space already tried hip hop on fridays and it didnt last long, i don't think the new space would be any different in the view of the hip-hop crowd.

why go downtown and deal with all the bumbs and beggarswhen you can be on the beach? space 34 is special events and afterhours for me- that's it. so we'll see i guess.

the only place i saw fights at space in was ALWAYS the hip hop room on the rare occasision i would venture into there

let's face it, the hip hop crowd sucks overall. electronic music lovers are there to celebrate and chill, not cause problems

Guest saleen351

just in time for

'Bling-Bling' Makes New Oxford Dictionary

Fri Jun 06, 8:17 PM ET

Khazi, minging, bling-bling? Not some crazy new dialect, but standard British vocabulary, according to the latest edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, published Friday

since Trance and House hasn’t done the numbers on fridays for Space. why not give hip-hop a chance ? in spite of the tacky sediment and rhetoric to the contrary, and judging from the success of hip-hop nights across south florida . it appears the hip-hop audience and their $$$ seem to be more consistent and reliable. reality is a bitch deal with it or foster a change. ;)

Originally posted by saleen351

just in time for

'Bling-Bling' Makes New Oxford Dictionary

Fri Jun 06, 8:17 PM ET

Khazi, minging, bling-bling? Not some crazy new dialect, but standard British vocabulary, according to the latest edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, published Friday

Yup...that and "Botox" made it in there this year:rolleyes:

Originally posted by sobeton

since Trance and House hasn’t done the numbers on fridays for Space. why not give hip-hop a chance ? in spite of the tacky sediment and rhetoric to the contrary, and judging from the success of hip-hop nights across south florida . it appears the hip-hop audience and their $$$ seem to be more consistent and reliable. reality is a bitch deal with it or foster a change. ;)

But in a city overrun with that bullshit, is another hip-hop party really necessary?

Originally posted by pod

But in a city overrun with that bullshit, is another hip-hop party really necessary?

"overrun with that bullshit " is pretty subjective don’t you think? if the hip-hop crowd can conduct themselves; like any other clubber, support their scene, and bring revenue to a club. then necessity becomes a matter of supply and demand. it would appear fairily obvious , that there is a demand. ;)

Guest saleen351

i wonder if og will find bullet holes in his booth when he plays on the following night...:laugh:

hope they sweep up the shell casings for you house fans, cause you can trip and fall......

Stop complaining, no1 goes to SPACE on Fridays anyways, unless there’s a big time DJ.

I don’t like Hip-Hop but since I never go to SPACE on Fridays I don't care at all.

I hope they do well, and if I was Louis I'd play SALSA in the patio.

Hip hop is mainstream... many people like it obviously - drive up SoBe on any given night or downtown Laudy - it's every where.

The clubbers don't own Space - and the techno/house/trance folks don't fill Space on Fridays, so why not?

If you don't like it, don't go. Wow that was a tough decision:rolleyes:

That's the idea...

But my question is, in a city overrun by it, is it really necessary to desecrate Space with it?

But I hope this means on Saturdays, the hip-hop room will have something else.

Originally posted by pod

That's the idea...

But my question is, in a city overrun by it, is it really necessary to desecrate Space with it?

But I hope this means on Saturdays, the hip-hop room will have something else.

"desecrate Space " :laugh: please Pod you make it sound like Space, is some holy sanctuary of entertainment. it’s a nightclub whose survival depends on turning a profit. Imo the only desecration of space, occurs when Bellini is allowed on the dex. :D

i was there visting from NYC last month and friday night (actually sat. AM around 5) we got there and it started off as hiphop but left at 9am with them playing house again. Sat night they break it up in 2 areas, small room = hip hop and large area and outside is all dance. Anyone ever been to Vegas? looking for same scene there.