Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does anyone listen to Junior???

Originally posted by christianjay

i was just listening to a mix from '95 from SF..junior is still the fuckin man!!

>I pretty much am a regular @ all Jr. parties. I just find it HARD to believe that SOOO many people say they are musically educated and never listened to him.

>It's not always about 140 bpm guido fist pumps...just remember something...music always begins w/ the DRUMS!!!

:)

Originally posted by A to Z

>I pretty much am a regular @ all Jr. parties. I just find it HARD to believe that SOOO many people say they are musically educated and never listened to him.

some people just have no clue...

just gotta feel sorry for them, because they don't know what they are missing, and im sure JV was an inspiration to at least half the dj's they listen to now!

Andrew be careful with the term "Listen to Junior". In 2003 when you say "he definatly listens to Junior" you are saying that person is a lil fruity.

i was a huge fan of his during the palladium days but he cockiness/attitude became areally annoying during his twilo days. his skills and originality are unmatched, and i have to give him respect there. though the few times i heard him in the last year he was very "FRUITY"

Originally posted by christianjay

some people just have no clue...

just gotta feel sorry for them, because they don't know what they are missing, and im sure JV was an inspiration to at least half the dj's they listen to now!

>Junior was a very BIG inspiration for me. I was a Soundfactory no holds barred JP head til i listened to Jr. i've been hooked ever since. I feel bad for those preople who don't get it.

Originally posted by foodidoo

Andrew be careful with the term "Listen to Junior". In 2003 when you say "he definatly listens to Junior" you are saying that person is a lil fruity.

>only to people who are ignorant

..and i'm not fruity ;)

>Junior was a very BIG inspiration for me. I was a Soundfactory no holds barred JP head til i listened to Jr. i've been hooked ever since. I feel bad for those preople who don't get it.

i could tell from the clique cheetah parties that jv was an inspiration for you, man i loved those days

i used to be a die hard sf head/jp follower as well, i dont really go see junior at all lately, allthough i should...

and people think jp can work a track...you havent heard a dj work a track until you hear junior!!

>only to people who are ignorant

..and i'm not fruity ;)

But I am not ignorant any way I have gone to see him a few times when he is on he is fucking on but I went atleast twice that he must have had a stick in his ass b/c it was horrible.

But I am not ignorant any way I have gone to see him a few times when he is on he is fucking on but I went atleast twice that he must have had a stick in his ass b/c it was horrible.

>Yeah he has his off night'slike everyone else, but at least you went to give it a try unlike many other people.

peace out cub scout :)

Mendez

I dont listen to the radio much at all, but I just found out about his show earlier this week. I most def plan to check it out. As long as you brought girls with you, Junior ripped it at Twilo most nights... 'cept for those nights he was a bitch. The one thing I dont respect Junior for is his I'm somebody and I'll do what I want attitude. I went up to see some friends in Boston when Junior was spinning at Avalon, he cancelled with a bullshit excuse. He rescheduled for a few weeks later and cancelled again. And the one night in Twilo when Junior turned off the music and said, all fish out, give my men room to dance. He played horrible until all the girls left. Play a fucking record and stop being a bitch! However, when Junior is on, the man tears the roof off.

TWILO

RIP

yeah, i worshiped the guy back in the palladium/arena days. those days are what i guage all else by and consequently dont think to much of any place or dj. i havent heard him in a while but i have the feeling its kind of well, soft, girly, vocaly. im down in philly so tell me, how has the show been?

:laugh: Johnny Budz:laugh: Junior Vasquez:laugh:

What a comparison...................................................

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope Johnny Budz plays for free at Surf Club because I couldnt see paying anyone to play that crap!

Comparing Budz to Vasquez...thats what happens when you let freestyle fans on the board...LOL

Just curious, but what do you expect Johnny Budz to play on a Sunday afternoon at 1:00pm when there is family's and kids on the beach?? LOL I'm sure he's told to play mainstream commercial party music by management.

The earliest I've been to Surf this year is 7:00, so I haven't heard him play. I'm sure he's not playing Robbie Rivera's latest Hard House Track at 2pm. At least I hope not ! lol. Honestly, I can get into some reggae and hiphop on the beach during the day. I'm sure Budz mixes it up. I may get there early this Sunday since its gonna be in the 80's