Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nerve/Maze review.....

Guest saleen351

Damn the last 24 hours have been crazy. First off cause I got very little sleep and was at hospital from 11 this morning till maybe an hour ago as my sis finally gave birth to her beautiful baby girl. :) Now last night I get to nerve and a little late and in a bad mood cause of being late. I get in and its hot, and really need to take a piss, lol. Get to bathroom, flooded. Then I get back on the dancefloor and infusion have already started playing and let me tell you as soon as I got back on the floor with my group, the music took control and I forgot about the long night I had, the flooded bathroom, and the heat. It was all about the music last night and let me tell you infusion put on one hell of a show. These guys are the future of dance music and I can't wait till the next time they come over here. Truly one of the best performances I have ever seen in my life and those breaks, damn those breaks were crazy. Time flies by and before you know it infusion is done, but then decide to do one more song that just kills the dancefloor, one again those guys are amazing. They truly finish and then dave seaman takes control and starts off with lets get ill. I like that song actually, but at the moment it just felt wrong. It totally destroyed the vibe that infusion set, but you know what I don't think anybody could have played after infusion and been able to keep the vibe. Dave played some great tunes, had good mixing, sound was great but I think everybody just wished infusion was still playing. I left around 4 and I gotta say, is a night I want ever forget and I experienced two of the best hours of music. Jon thanks for the hookup and nerve keep putting on these events and we will be there. One thing i gotta say though is whenever infusion plays again I think they need to be the main event and start playing around 2:30 to close. I think we would have enjoyed dave's set a lot more had it been that way.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by livin42nite

One thing i gotta say though is whenever infusion plays again I think they need to be the main event and start playing around 2:30 to close. I think we would have enjoyed dave's set a lot more had it been that way.

True!

Infusion should have been the main event on Friday. They were just incredible. :)

Good event Marcos, Carla, Jon and the Nerve team. :hat:

I thought Infusion was the main event.

Jon .. nice to hear people still play Sasha's 3am mix of Direct Me .. great record. I have it around here somewhere :)

I was just way too tired .. wicked night out though. Lookin forward to more :)

Thanks to everyone involved and as I said before bring them back :)

Originally posted by nexusgroove

I think Edgar V is the best investment a club can make.

It doesn't cost much to get Edgar (compaired to GA) and he brings in alot of people.

I kNow GA COST $7500.00

and

Edgar cost about $2500.00

and brings in just as many people to the venue as GA...

Maze should get Edgar V resident. so his following don't have to be going club to club. twice a month of Edgar wout be nice.

GA 1 a month.

and the 4th spot, international DJ's!

Club here are scared of making changes!

IF YOU PLAY IT....... THEY WILL COME......

Originally posted by laliux

True!

Infusion should have been the main event on Friday. They were just incredible. :)

Good event Marcos, Carla, Jon and the Nerve team. :hat:

thank you guys for the support... bliss is back baby with avengence.......

from the bottom of my heart one of the 3 best sets i have ever heard. infusion was amazing. their tracks are so evil and dark yet filled with so much hope, inspiration, and light. did u guys hear those dirty break beats. my god, so much energy and so much flava for the soul. my favorite set of 2003 infusion live @ nerve. they even topped sasha & digweed @ space34 well maybe? yeah, they actually did. i feel sad for anyone who missed this live performance.:laugh:

the way all of u r raving about infusion is getting me jealous....i didnt get to go........but i did go to maze, so where do i begin....

Edgar, im just gonna say his set was "alright" if u read this edgar u know what i really mean;) ......lets see where to begin....no later than 30 minutes after i walk into the club....i meet the all omnipotent saleen....it was good to put a name to the typing, if u know what i mean....im gonna try to remember every1 i met.....

mjm..................:bong:

ecpolo..............:bong:

happyface

candyroll

meli

broeneyd.....next time order a drink with something from my company....bacardi...kahlua...stoli...and 100s of other brands as well!!!!!!!

i know theres more people, but i must admit i was BANGED up....

theres no better way to be....o.k. i was so banged up i even had a descent conversation with saleen...and yes scenes from an italian restaurant delivers the goods from begining to end....1 of my top ten songs of all times...yesterday i was contemplating this conversation and i thought...i need to get saleen out of the club environment..i need to see how he reacts in a real bar setting....

what i mean by this isa whole in the wall joint that serves frosty cold beers....with a 25 cent jukebox so we can put some real classics(rock 'n roll) on.....maybe i can even talk you into liking the beatles....maybe not the early beatles, but post rubber soul beatles, or at least wings...i understand the early beatles was mushy....this is the only way we can really scope each other out.....now as for the other peeps.......

koky and steffy...you guys just bring a great vibe...ur another day closer to hallandale:devil:

tranzewhore and lex...you guys always bring the goods....i like u guys more and more each week.....its funny watching u guys operate....t.w is in back of lex like, i know..i know hes crazy...and lex is lovin every bit of every1 thinkin hes crazy....but these people dont understand what 90 in a school zone really is, and if they dont understand that they will never understand the matrix going to the flux capacitor...and then of course it going to become air::screwy:

lola i still havent met you...i made an effort but when i did i think u were gone

on the whole it was an awesome night...it great to meet new people....hey thats the one thing about alzheimers thats good, youre always meeting new people:D

if theres any one i forgit im sorry but what do u expect from some1 who was banged up...i look forward to meeting more of u and also look foward to good times wit the ones ive allready met

till next time hears to good times:pint:

later daze

Guest saleen351

If i had to make my all time list of tunes flip:

1. Mack the knife, dean martin, frank sinatra

2. NY NY Frank sinatra

3. scene from an italian resturant billy joel

4. Sprinsteen Jersey girl acoustic live

5. Springsteen - born to run acoustic live

6. Springsteen - Brilliant Disguise

7. The Who - Pinball Wizard

8. Live Like Horses with Luciano Pavarotti with elton john

9. Andrea Bocelli - Conte Partiro

10. Billy Joel - Just the way you are

i could go on for months, but if i were stuck on an island i'd need these tunes...

I was actually speaking to someone today about opening up a NY style jazz/tri state area music bar/lounge... Hard to explain in writing, but something that sez NY culture...

Too bad, i rarely listen to these tunes, only in my car or shower, my roomates hate anything i play. They grew up in a culture vacum..

Last album to blow me away besides Springsteen's latest, was Dave Matthews live at red rocks featuring Tim Renyolds is a sick sick sick album.. I'm a acustic whore... Though elton johns greatest hits is a must have.

Considering i was not alive when the beatles were doing their thing, i asked my dad one time, who was bigger and better, the beatles or elivis. Told me there was no comparison, Elvis is the king, Hands down, and i agree with him. Guy has been dead for 20 + years, and people still see him at the local 7-11....

btw, WPBT channle 2 up here in broward plays alot of sinatra, tony bennet, dean martin, rat pack etc concerts at night. Great stuff, but my roomates will cry like bitches if i put it on..

Guest brwneydtrouble
broeneyd.....next time order a drink with something from my company....bacardi...kahlua...stoli...and 100s of other brands as well!!!!!!!

Well, you never INFORMED me what alcohols are from your company......you will have to give me a full report of which ones I can have to study or next time. :D

Had a great time with you and themrs, contemplating when I might venture out again.....*lol*

Had a gr8 time at Maze ............ In a perfect world , Edgar V should play once maybe twice a month at Maze . Sometimes too much of a good thing can become "overkill" (except SEX of coarse:tongue: ) . A nice Hard-house / House atmosphere with the occasional Trance night 2 times a month is perfect .

Edgar V set was really nice in my point of view ...........starting with a lil housy and progressing into almost techno by the end of the night .

It was also a pleasure to see once more brwneydtrouble , candyroll , mjm , and meeting majinbuu for the first time . And to add to the already great night , i met some old high school friends that i haven't seen in over 4 years .

Great night ...........Maze never disapoints ! :D

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

lola i still havent met you...i made an effort but when i did i think u were gone

Yaa sorry I missed you and theMrs... You guys were upstairs, someone said - and well, I was kinda tanked so going upstairs wasn't in my best interest:laugh:

*** Koky *** ------> are you finally moving up this way from friggin' key west or what. Gosh you live soooooooooooo far away:tongue: Call me beoch:D

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by lolahotass

Yaa sorry I missed you and theMrs... You guys were upstairs, someone said - and well, I was kinda tanked so going upstairs wasn't in my best interest:laugh:

*** Koky *** ------> are you finally moving up this way from friggin' key west or what. Gosh you live soooooooooooo far away:tongue: Call me beoch:D

HEY now, he lives less than two mintes away from me....Its NOT the keys......just.....about 15 minutes away.:confused:

OMFG.......i dont believe i forgot dave mathews band....they freakin kick some major ass...they r the best rock type musicians out there right now......well not maybe rock type but if u like dmb u knw what i mean there an infusion of awesomw sounds!!!!!

and ur dad, bless his heart....the beatles always have and always will kick elvis's ass..... remember he tried to have them deported cuz they were more popular than he was, but i understand some americans have a thing with the bealtes bcuz of john lennon and the whole im bigger then jesus thing....well u know what im bigger than jesus to , cuz im not sure he even exist....:licker: .... but like i said early beatles i will excuse, but later...they were so ahead of their time its astounding...tomorrow

never knows is the basis for electronic music...u can say the beatles were the godfathers of house, trance and the whole electronic movement.....elvis had one sound and never really deviated from it....the beatles were versatile...so much so the the public couldnt keep up with them.

p.s. a good jazz club down here is well over due...there were some but they closed down...theres one nite stans and the other one thats kind of by the end of hollywood blvd.....oh and when and if we go to that whole in the wall it will obviously be in the lauderdale area....just makin sure we get that clear!!!!!!

Dammit!!! There are too many Maze threads!!

I posted on the Thanks to Maze one....oh well.

Basically same thing most everyone else has said...

had a blast

great meeting everyone

can't wait to do it again

'Till next time!

P.S. One thing I did notice...everyone that works at Maze were really nice. It made it that much better.

-Tonie.

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

p.s. a good jazz club down here is well over due...there were some but they closed down...theres one nite stans and the other one thats kind of by the end of hollywood blvd.....oh and when and if we go to that whole in the wall it will obviously be in the lauderdale area....just makin sure we get that clear!!!!!!

One Night Stans is great - especially when they get a good band in there... that place can rock.. I like it cuz I can stumble home from there:laugh:

The other jazz club is O'Hara's.... I LOVEEEEEE THAT PLACE:tongue: They have on on Las Olas too:eek:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by themrs

Dammit!!! There are too many Maze threads!!

I posted on the Thanks to Maze one....oh well.

Basically same thing most everyone else has said...

had a blast

great meeting everyone

can't wait to do it again

'Till next time!

P.S. One thing I did notice...everyone that works at Maze were really nice. It made it that much better.

-Tonie.

btw tonie, hands down u win the hottest chick award on cp...

congrads....

Originally posted by saleen351

btw tonie, hands down u win the hottest chick award on cp...

congrads....

LMAO :laugh: !!

That's really sweet of you to say Saleen, but we got a lot of hotties on this board! :D

Either way, thanks for the compliment. ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by themrs

LMAO :laugh: !!

That's really sweet of you to say Saleen, but we got a lot of hotties on this board! :D

Either way, thanks for the compliment. ;)

nope, you blow them away... trust me... i told your husband not to fuck it up..........:D

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

although i know OF u...sorry i didnt get to "formally" meet u or ur hubby...next time, i guess...;)

I know, he mentioned that to me yesterday...he said "Damn, I forgot to meet mrmatas again." I spoke to Meli for a while...she is such a sweetie. I like her a lot. DEFINATELY next time. ;)