Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roger Clemens

I was at the game last night to see history in the making. Not once but twice. Winning 300 games and recording 4000 K's. Unbelievable. But I still disagree with Torre's discision to take out Clemens again. I have never heard Joe get booed at the Stadium before like he did last night. He's such a great manager and doesn't deserve that. I guess in his defense he's looking to win a ballgame and keep his pitcher well rested for the rest of the season. But after all said and done the Yankees won and Clemens got his 300.

Boston fans hate Roger too much. Clemens had some quality years there, no doubt.

But he has the heart and pride of a true Yankee. I think he will def. go into the H o F in pinstripes. Those losing days are in his past over in Beantown. Congrats Roger!

Originally posted by Codica3

I hope he does cause that's what he wants.

Same here... But most of his time was with Boston... But you know what they say. Money will buy you the things you want. And I am sure he wants to go in as a Yankee.

Originally posted by elementx

Same here... But most of his time was with Boston... But you know what they say. Money will buy you the things you want. And I am sure he wants to go in as a Yankee.

Actually.. the whole reason that the players can't decide what cap they want to go in the Hall of Fame with anymore is because they were worried that players were gonna use money in the wrong kinda way for the wrong reasons. Like the whole Tampa Bay incident.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by djjonstephen

His best years were in Boston

thats what ive been thinking the whole time. all the yankee's fans are all over his nuts when most of his wins has nothing to do with them.

and when did 4k strikeouts become a record??

Guest jroo

Umm.. when he became only the 3rd pitcher in history to do it.

it wont impress me till he gets 5k . a lot of young pitchers are on route to get 300 wins right now as well, only time will tell.

Originally posted by jroo

it wont impress me till he gets 5k . a lot of young pitchers are on route to get 300 wins right now as well, only time will tell.

Only Nolan Ryan has 5000+ K's.. and no one else is even CLOSE.

How are you gonna try and downplay a 4000 K achievement? :rolleyes:

Which young pitchers are on their way to get 300?

cuz a couple 20 win seasons don't make you a candidate. You have do do this for 15 years straight. No YOUNG pitcher is in the running for this accomplishment right now.

Put it this way, I think its easier to hit 500 home runs now, then to win 300.

If you are refering to Nolan Ryan. With the 5,000 please remember it is alot easier for a pitcher to get more K's in the National League considering you are pitching to pitchers at least 3 times a game... Which is almost a given K.

And 4,000 K's is not a record it is a MILESTONE... And Roger is only the 3rd person to hit that milestone. So yeah it is pretty impressive.

Guest jroo

Only Nolan Ryan has 5000+ K's.. and no one else is even CLOSE.

How are you gonna try and downplay a 4000 K achievement? :rolleyes:

randy johnson is on pace to get at LEAST 8k k's.

4000 k's is a great acomplishment, im not impressed though. you want to impress me break cal ripken's record. or break ricky henderson's record. i like the out of reach records, why do you think the home run record was placed so high? nobody thought that was ever gonna be broken. to break nolan ryans record would be something. or to break his record for the fastest fastball, 107 mph, right? that would be something.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by pk1

Which young pitchers are on their way to get 300?

cuz a couple 20 win seasons don't make you a candidate. You have do do this for 15 years straight. No YOUNG pitcher is in the running for this accomplishment right now.

Put it this way, I think its easier to hit 500 home runs now, then to win 300.

barry zito is gonna get 300, curt schilling still has a chance, there are others out there, i saw it on tv the other day. they put up like 5 pitchers that could do it.

milestones don't impress me, being the best impresses me. thats just me, go ahead jump all over me if you want. can you name all the players that hit 500+ hr's? no, i didnt think so, but im sure you can name the person that has the most.

and nolan ryan spent a lot of time at the angels, not all national league pt

Well if you're not impressed, then fine, everyone has their own opinions and feelings on things.

But just remember: Roger Clemens wasn't getting 300 wins and 4000 K's to impress YOU.

And I don't know what kind of fan of baseball you are if you can't appreciate 2 great milestones reached by one of the best pitchers in his time.

Guest jroo

Well if you're not impressed, then fine, everyone has their own opinions and feelings on things.

But just remember: Roger Clemens wasn't getting 300 wins and 4000 K's to impress YOU.

And I don't know what kind of fan of baseball you are if you can't appreciate 2 great milestones reached by one of the best pitchers in his time.

look, i like the rocket, i always have. pardon me for not jumping up and down with joy. if the player isnt breaking a record then why even celebrate? thats like saying hey, thanks for playing, you're career is over and you'll probably never amount to anything more than your 4000 k's or whatever else. let the man play bay, congratulate him when he's done, unless he broke a record.

but dont mind me, im obviously the only one that feels this way. where has my joy gone?