Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Its now illegal to buy ciggerttes...

its only the distributor that faces a fine, not the consumer.

plus, if you buy from an international distributor there's nothing they can do about it short of confiscating your package, which rarely happens since they can't inspect every package that comes into the country.

this law is basically to shut down indian reservations based in new york state from selling over the net. it wont affect anything.

Originally posted by karisma

where did you hear this and why is it illegal?! :confused:

Bloomburg sucks!

PS-- do you think there is any way that they will reverse the nonsmoking law in NYC?

880 AM.

I think once Bloomberg is done being mayor then the policy will be reversed. Bars and restaurants are suffering and getting hurt because of this.

I think clubs should continue not to have smoking legal, I think they deal with it great right now!

I feel bad for the people who do smoke, I used to, so I know what its like. NYC is taking away our constitutional rights, little by little. :rolleyes:

yeah, since i do smoke I'm slightly bitter about the whole thing. Right now, i'm in DC for the summer, but when I am back up in the NY scene its def an incentive to quit. lol. which i plan to do.

we all know how hard it is to be out drinking etc... and quit smoking, so actually the law might be a blessing in disguise.

i do however have issues with our rights being taken away as well, its def not cool :mad:

i guess i have mixed feelings about in general. I see their point, but i feel violated in a sense that I have no voice.

Originally posted by elementx

Notice how so many Jersey Stores have a sign...

" Welcome Back NY Shoppers "

My friends order over the internet and have them delivered to a NJ address. So FUCK BLOOMBERG he is only screwing himself... :rolleyes:

yea and the sales tax is back and higher

the law doesn't mean shit. First many cig stores will be changing their shipping methods to the postal service instead of UPS which is currently what most use. No way it can be tracked, even the head of USPS said so. Or second you can order from another country where no law applies anyway. Check out www.yesmoke.com or www.smokesearch.com Premium brands $14.95 shipped, I've been ordering from there for years.

Originally posted by Ronin

not smoking is careing for well being.;)

errr...taking away our right to choose to smoke is not. Basically, its that much closer to a law stating that you cannot smoke in your house when you have guests over.

Originally posted by djinnom

errr...taking away our right to choose to smoke is not. Basically, its that much closer to a law stating that you cannot smoke in your house when you have guests over.

smoking is disgusting... u should respect ur guests.

Originally posted by Ronin

smoking is disgusting... u should respect ur guests.

keyword is "SHOULD" not "HAVE TO"...

theres a difference between the right thing to do, and the FORCED thing to do... i'm not a smoker, and i hate the smell to be honest... but i don't feel that my personal choices should lead to the compromise of other people's free will...

i mean, if i was a smoker, and you're in my house... and you say "could you put that out, please?" what kind of dick would say no?