Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worst Tainwrecks You've ever heard...

Whoa, this got ugly fast.

I don't know a lot of you personally. I was referring to the "super-critic", the nit-picker, the one that criticizes your every move.

As for critics, everyone has opinions, and i don't mind them personally. If they're valid assessments, no prob. If you're just bashing.... well, you won't hold much water anyway.

What actually concerns me the most overall was one of the earlier posts by bigsteve8:

I'm happy at this point if the lyrics don't overlap each other from song to song

...there are so many "DJs" that aren't up to par, that sight of the craft has gotten buried to some extent. When expectations are THIS low, it's bad.

Expect more, people. There's a lot of great talent out there that quite possibly you've never heard. ;)

peace,

DJ Tony Tee

saturday 6/28 - GO nyc - 12midnight!

t2Blender::Tuesdays11p::metromixradio.com

find comfort in music

www.djtonytee.com

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually I usually don't read or post just because of assholes like cosmicgate and hype, critics do have a right to do what the do, I just could care less what you think, for every critic there is a fan. And as for what I've been doing or where I've been playing, just because I'm not in one of the 5 or 10 clubs you frequent, doesn't mean I'm still not working and enjoying myself. This is my last post regarding the critics I knew I shouldn't have answered because the best thing to do is leave them be, but I had some time on my hands and couldn't resist. Whats really funny is critics will go listen to a dj or go to a club that they consistently bash, thats whats really hilarious, and if you weren't there and you were bashing it, thats really hilarious and shows a lot of stupidity cause if you weren't there you definitely have nothing to criticize, so either way, pretty much you are an asshole.

Originally posted by thepulse

actually I usually don't read or post just because of assholes like cosmicgate and hype, critics do have a right to do what the do, I just could care less what you think, for every critic there is a fan. And as for what I've been doing or where I've been playing, just because I'm not in one of the 5 or 10 clubs you frequent, doesn't mean I'm still not working and enjoying myself. This is my last post regarding the critics I knew I shouldn't have answered because the best thing to do is leave them be, but I had some time on my hands and couldn't resist. Whats really funny is critics will go listen to a dj or go to a club that they consistently bash, thats whats really hilarious, and if you weren't there and you were bashing it, thats really hilarious and shows a lot of stupidity cause if you weren't there you definitely have nothing to criticize, so either way, pretty much you are an asshole.

I don't know any of you personally, so I'll stay away from name-calling. I don't post a lot on here either because I work my ass off pretty much all the time.

But all in all, i say, "very well said".

I love what I do. :D

DJ Tony Tee

saturday 6/28 - GO nyc - 12midnight!

t2Blender::Tuesdays11p::metromixradio.com

find comfort in music

www.djtonytee.com

I am used to legitimate skills behind the decks, I'm a veteran of Buzz and Glow in DC, Fever in Baltimore, used to seeing Scott Henry and Charles Feelgood every week, two masters at work. Used to seeing all sorts of bigname talent to lowbudget turntablists tear it up.

I've spun a bit, primarily as a bedroom DJ, I know what can happen. . .no, I've never spun in front of a large crowd, dealt with drunk idiots, fucked up systems, etc, but I know that it's not too fucking hard to mix two songs together that you are familiar with. I've gotten to the point after listening to a song 2 or 3 times I figure out the cut in and out points, extensions if i want them, breaks, and a few ideas of what might go well together. . .

I miss hearing legitimate skilled DJs, that's what my car CD player is for. I just want someone who doens't fuck everything up when he attempts to "mix" the same fuckign songs every week. How hard is that?

Originally posted by bigsteve8

I miss hearing legitimate skilled DJs, that's what my car CD player is for. I just want someone who doens't fuck everything up when he attempts to "mix" the same fuckign songs every week. How hard is that?

I'm with you.

Sometimes it's not even the DJ that was a trainwreck, it's the shittyass mixes that they play. . . I heard on friday a remix of Faith, remixing the George Michael and Limp Bizkit versions. . . that remix itself was a trainwreck beyond proportions in my honest opinion. . .

I can talk for myself, I have actually done a bit more than being a bedroom DJ, have done some house parties and actually opened at a few clubs in and around Baltimore while in college a few years back. . . my favorite time was when I was opening for DJ Q-Burns, he was running late. The management was telling me to keep it slow, trancey, etc. . . place was filling up with hardcore heads though. So I decided to have fun, do something I had done once in my apartment. . .switched into a Dave Matthews song, pissing everyone there off. . . cant get much more pussy than that. Then about a third in, cut "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" from rage against the machine - killing in the name of. . . put just that line in, low volume. . . kept putting it back in, kept spinning back, kept the dave matthews song playing straight through. The crowd started to figure it out and eat it up. . .right before end of song, did full "fuck u i wont do what u tell me" set, dropped a jungle beat, and put on killing in the name of. 200 people started going crazy, was siiiiiiick. I dropped the thundercats theme later, did all sorts of crazy shit, like I always do. . . I upstaged the headliner :) Damn, sometimes I wish I had a minidisc recorder.

I've done remixing, I've done spinning, I still probably would be if I was in baltimore, would have gotten possibly somewhat big, but I couldnt get a legit job in baltimore, but my partner in crime did, so I sold him all my vinyl and my gear. I would have kepy my stuff, but I knew that I'd get no love on the shore with my sound, so fuck it.

I don't expect creativity, I don't expect new good songs to be broken anymore, I barely expect and hope not to hear fucking dark beat every night. I know decks, I have no problem handling 3 turntables (actually more common was 2 tables and a cd player) and make the shit work. Small trainwrecks happen, I did em all the time . . .but to fuck up on a regular basis and get paid to do so, well I have to call people on it. And also, please retire some of the same fucking songs that get played all the time, please, I beg you.

hit the nail on the head, all the critics suck, we all give two shits about you, we all still get work, and always will, so until you step into our shoes and into a booth and put some headphones on, we could give a fuck what you think or hear. Ever think you may be the one thats drunk or tripping and the dj is on but you are totally wacked out of it and hearing shit.... things that make you go hmmm.. unlikely but it could happen.

lol, you crack me up man, you have no room to speak, you shouldnt even be dj'ng, your horrible, your a bullshitter, what really happened in miami ??? bro when people see you out they turn the other way, just so they dont have to talk with you, so what the hell does that say about yourself, your a clown bro, just give it up and stop trying to be something your not

Originally posted by dancerbar

marshall fairbanks on any given night

dj kipples (djais) this guy wouldnt know a beat if it hit em straight in the forehead

You seem to think you know a lot about me, what I do, what I've done, when you really don't know me at all, all you know is what you've heard through some rumor mill. I do what I do, I'm still doing it, and can give a shit whether you like me or what I do or not, as I said, you all have a right to your opinions, but you're opinion is worthless, what you say or think, has no effect on how or where I work. There are plenty of places for me to go out to, or work in this world without dealing with the trivial drama of people like you. Have a fun summer.

You seem to think you know a lot about me, what I do, what I've done, when you really don't know me at all, all you know is what you've heard through some rumor mill. I do what I do, I'm still doing it, and can give a shit whether you like me or what I do or not, as I said, you all have a right to your opinions, but you're opinion is worthless, what you say or think, has no effect on how or where I work. There are plenty of places for me to go out to, or work in this world without dealing with the trivial drama of people like you. Have a fun summer.

why even reply like that?

i'd never go see a dj who cares so much what people think and has to defend himself...

Originally posted by christianjay

why even reply like that?

i'd never go see a dj who cares so much what people think and has to defend himself...

marsha cheesebanks shouldn't really care what people think bout him cuz he ain't doin much DJing as it is. he is too busy doin crack

the only thing i know is the bullshit you have fed in my ears, because you cornered me while i was out one night, crackpot

so it doesn't really matter, I'm busy doing other things, perfectly happy with the time I spent djing and if I quit tomorrow I would be fine with it. And if I did corner you and told you what happened in Miami, why would you doubt it?, especially without any contradicting info? I'm generally an honest person. As for defending myself, it's something I don't have to do, but when I have a little time on my hands I don't mind addressing people. I'd say this thread is about over.

so it doesn't really matter, I'm busy doing other things, perfectly happy with the time I spent djing and if I quit tomorrow I would be fine with it. And if I did corner you and told you what happened in Miami, why would you doubt it?, especially without any contradicting info? I'm generally an honest person. As for defending myself, it's something I don't have to do, but when I have a little time on my hands I don't mind addressing people. I'd say this thread is about over.

first of all bro, when you sit there and say you have this going and this going on and that going on and now here we are 8 months later and nothing has happened that means your bullshitting, and thats why i asked what really happened in miami, because i dont believe a word you say, and quit tomorrow? when was the last you even dj'ed, furthermore saying you can get gigs is bullshit, i know for a fact that you were calling around like an annoying pest, trying to find work, but everyone has caught on to you, the horrible dj'ng, the Bullshit and everything else, face it brotha, your trying to hold on to something that you had yrs ago, now your just skiiing all the time

I have djed at least once a month all year, and I'm playing again July 12th don't worry about where. True I'm not playing as much as I used to, look at it this way, I'm out of your NJ club scene and haven't played on the shore since summer 2001 and I don't plan on it, makes room for the new guys. As for calling around asking for work, I doubt that- I know I talked to two people briefly about work. What I have going on is my business, I'm still doing it because when I'm in the right situation, I enjoy it. The funniest thing is not having spun in NJ in almost 2 years my name still comes up, good or bad, and you guys still take time out of your day to criticize me, I think its hilarious. I haven't even stepped into a NJ club all year, except for one Tuesday when I stopped at RBAR.

I have djed at least once a month all year, and I'm playing again July 12th don't worry about where. True I'm not playing as much as I used to, look at it this way, I'm out of your NJ club scene and haven't played on the shore since summer 2001 and I don't plan on it, makes room for the new guys. As for calling around asking for work, I doubt that- I know I talked to two people briefly about work. What I have going on is my business, I'm still doing it because when I'm in the right situation, I enjoy it. The funniest thing is not having spun in NJ in almost 2 years my name still comes up, good or bad, and you guys still take time out of your day to criticize me, I think its hilarious. I haven't even stepped into a NJ club all year, except for one Tuesday when I stopped at RBAR.

CLUB RIO IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE..... THIS WAY YOU CAN WALK YOUR ASS FROM YOUR GRANDMAS TO THE SHOPPING CENTER ITS IN

funny thing is marshal, that RBar is one of the places you were calling for work, secondly i do not think you have a gig on the 12th

and i am gonna call you out on it, where is it??

there is no way in hell you are playing in the city, at least not at a legitimate club/lounge

so prove me wrong and everyone else wrong and try to gain some credibility back

and funny, which is what I thought the board was about in the first place.

as for you keep fighting..Look in that mirror daily and say to yourself " I suck, atleast I have a nice record collection" and you will be ok in life.

OMG he is fucking back :laugh:

I love it :laugh:

Marshall, the reason you haven't spun in NJ for almost 2 years is not becasue you don't want to nor do want to give the younger djs a shot.......BREAKING NEWS.........you fucking suck, yup I'm sorry to break the news, but your not to good pal!!!!!

This is the same clown who used to beg the Abyss owners to spin for free!!!!!!!

Your music is way to underground for us people in Jersey, we just don't get it yet, but who knows maybe some day kiddo!!!!!

Don't ever give up!!!!!!!!!!

And the reason people are still talking about you good/bad.......actually only bad, is because you were that bad!!!!!!!!

Better luck next year kid!!!!!!