Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worst Tainwrecks You've ever heard...

another message board tuff guy and asshole, Everytime I spun at Abyss, I got paid. nuff said. I haven't even been out marketing myself like I used to and had to in order to get the work I got in my career, yes DJ's no matter what you spin or how good or bad you are, getting work is a matter of knocking on doors, making phone calls and networking with the people who make the hiring decisions. When I find the time and motivation to market myself again, I will have work, by the way, I won't be looking to work in NJ anymore, not because NJ is bad, I love NJ. I'm just looking for a change of scenery. Critics all suck, I don't care if you love me or hate me, you are the same people that criticize someone like Louie Devito for putting out CDs and getting paid- just doing some hard work and smart marketing. Whether you like the cds or not, I'm sure he doesn't care. In fact we should take a poll, I bet 90% of the djs don't care who likes them or doesn't, they only care about working and getting new music. The rest is icing on the cake.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'm gonna put in my 2 cents...i dont mind when it's brought to my attention if i have a bad night it only makes me work harder there are night when everything goes smooth and others when i'm shitfaced and struggle but i keep trying and set the bar higher and higher for myself.. my light guy gives me hell if my mix isn't perfect and i respect him for it..i'm not gonna get bent outta shape i'm gonna work harder my theory is i wouldn't be working so long if i sucked that bad cause i dont know hardly anyone in the industry and i work every weekend..(and no i wont hate on people that get gigs cause who they know cause if i knew someone i would be calling in favors to )(maybe). no my name isn't known but my song selection is good and i set a good vibe and keep things moving i love watching a room bounce dont get me wrong i want to get paid but i love to play music ...and thats all i have to say for now...

djTOMe...

Thursdays---Sleep.

Fridays--Paradox.

Saturdays--paradox.

• 1 month later...
Yep, I'm the Perfect example of this...

I Brought Sats. @ Djais last year to a place where you would go to hear excellent programing throughout the night, on point mixing. But i Got replaced because of politics, and for them it will one huge mistake when i start dropping my tracks.

It's Ok cause now i represent For Binoy Enuff, and the whole solidenuff crew, and if anyone knows anything that crew knows the true talent and how rooms should be played.

Shoutout to BINOY.....!

yeah!

• 1 month later...

That is the funniest picture I have sceen in a while. It fits the mood of this room to a tee. I am the victim of a few train wrecks in public as well. I am so self consious about that, to the point that I am always worrying about it till I get my first two mixes out of the way. Then I am good to go for the rest of the set. I am not saying that I am the shit, I am just telling you guys how I work. I have been spinning for over 14 years now, and maybe I am just critical, but I have heard DJ's that can't hold a mix with a handle, and they have residency's at spots some how. They know they are train wrecking and we all know they are train wrecking, but they are working and I am not, Go Figure.

That is the funniest picture I have sceen in a while. It fits the mood of this room to a tee. I am the victim of a few train wrecks in public as well. I am so self consious about that, to the point that I am always worrying about it till I get my first two mixes out of the way. Then I am good to go for the rest of the set. I am not saying that I am the shit, I am just telling you guys how I work. I have been spinning for over 14 years now, and maybe I am just critical, but I have heard DJ's that can't hold a mix with a handle, and they have residency's at spots some how. They know they are train wrecking and we all know they are train wrecking, but they are working and I am not, Go Figure.

That's the biz. :splat: