Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE DEVER AKA THE ARSONIST

Does anyone know anything about this kat? He use to be huge in the scene years ago. The last time he played, that I know of, was at a Stuck On Earth party/One Nation in July 2001 at Tunnel but hasn't been seen in NYC for a long time. He was affiliated with the brooklyn underground & The Zoo (NYC). Thanks.

peace.

I'll find out for you.

But coincidentally in and around 2000 when i was actually in college..i ran into an old elementary school friend who i hadn't seen in years..and we were talkin and shit about raves and he was telling me about his sister who was dating the dever at the time.

in any event i know exactly who to ask.

The One Nation party at Tunnel back in 2001 was dope as hell..and one of the next to last big parties ever thrown there sadly :(

yeah i was there... unfortunately so was the rain and so were the cops... by 4:30am there were only 100 people left in the place and 50 of them were cops.

but on the plus side, this dj mokey (i kept on calling her "pokey" because i couldn't hear what she was saying) dropped the dancevalley 2000 theme song. Oh that was also the party that pleasurehead discussed collaborating on a track.... needless to say that didn't happen. its been a while, i've moved on *snif* *snif*

yeah dever was good tho. wonder what he's been up to lately? probably playing at the key skate or some shit.

Originally posted by dialectics

yeah i was there... unfortunately so was the rain and so were the cops... by 4:30am there were only 100 people left in the place and 50 of them were cops.

i believe you've got your dates confused somewhere. the night of one nation at the tunnel it must've been near 90 degrees out and very sticky. there were no cops nor any problems for that matter. and there were still over 500 people upon closing at 8am.

yea i know dennis' best friend but i'd rather not go that route. the dever use to tour & play in europe a lot..maybe he decided to stay b/c ny sux. it would be cool to see him spin but obviously no one knows anything......remember tommy tunes?

is function throwing a party anytime soon b/c placebo 1 was phat..the second one wasn't so great but i did get there later and i did meet some cool peeps, so it was worth it.

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

Does anyone know anything about this kat? He use to be huge in the scene years ago. The last time he played, that I know of, was at a Stuck On Earth party/One Nation in July 2001 at Tunnel but hasn't been seen in NYC for a long time. He was affiliated with the brooklyn underground & The Zoo (NYC). Thanks.

peace.

Holy Christ, me and my friends have been wondering the same exact thing. I was about to actually IM him and personally see what was up.

Anyways, I will never forget back in like '97-'99 he was on EVERY flyer. More Monkey Business I/II/III were all great, and I enjoyed all the uptown underground parties. I have his original three mixtapes, and I still regard Divine Manifestin as the one of the best and most creative trance tape ever.

I also have PleasureHeads first two mixtapes. The first one is absolutely INSANE!!!! I remember partying at Roseland, and Pleasurehead came up to me and some people during the party (b4 he became popular of course) hung out for a little, and then passed on his first mixtape. I mean, there were trainwrecks all over the place, but the music selection is still the best I've ever heard in the hard trance/acid realm.

anyone else remember Kliprock/Joey Jeep and the rest of those guys. Ahh, those were the days.

Honestly, if I could hear one old rave dj again, it would def be the Dever.

pangelid, that's crazy. Yea, the dever was huge just a few years ago...then he stopped doing parties AND clubs in ny.

yes, the uptown underground is still around and i'm expecting some parties to be coming up too.

kliprock?....look at this

peaceonearthinside.jpg

ahh the dever is great esp with that oldschool hard trance

he used to play this one track, i think ive come to realize thaty ill neverget thename of, but the lyrics went somewhere along the lines of a countdown and then it said rocket lift off to a mission to mars....bangin tracks..

As far as peaceon earth is was def a fun party and so were all the parties at the roseland including BM4ever w//Jon the Dentist and Cajmere also featured another great and someone who never plays out anymore Tommy Tunes.

Originally posted by pangelid

Holy Christ, me and my friends have been wondering the same exact thing. I was about to actually IM him and personally see what was up.

Anyways, I will never forget back in like '97-'99 he was on EVERY flyer. More Monkey Business I/II/III were all great, and I enjoyed all the uptown underground parties. I have his original three mixtapes, and I still regard Divine Manifestin as the one of the best and most creative trance tape ever.

I also have PleasureHeads first two mixtapes. The first one is absolutely INSANE!!!! I remember partying at Roseland, and Pleasurehead came up to me and some people during the party (b4 he became popular of course) hung out for a little, and then passed on his first mixtape. I mean, there were trainwrecks all over the place, but the music selection is still the best I've ever heard in the hard trance/acid realm.

anyone else remember Kliprock/Joey Jeep and the rest of those guys. Ahh, those were the days.

Honestly, if I could hear one old rave dj again, it would def be the Dever.

remember kliprock used to get on the mic and freestyle... he was only like 16, and he was spinning raves.. that was sick

this thread brings back awesome old skool rave memories.

Dancedeep, i was at that Peace on Earth party (for obvious reasons).

Thanks to our brains..all we have left to hold onto is the memories of those dope old skool raves parties and especially the raves thrown at Tunnel. There are too many to list..but to this day i still have hanging on my wall some of the original flyers...

attachment.php?s=&postid=1546260

that's just a taste..and thats only half a wall u should see the other 3 lol. :eek:

Originally posted by eddie3

frank, frank, frank, frankie bones!

when he was done spinning (if he wasnt the last one headlining) it was time to go... even if he came on at midnite

eh bones is so played man. he lost novelty about 10 years ago. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by quoth

this thread brings back awesome old skool rave memories.

Dancedeep, i was at that Peace on Earth party (for obvious reasons).

Thanks to our brains..all we have left to hold onto is the memories of those dope old skool raves parties and especially the raves thrown at Tunnel. There are too many to list..but to this day i still have hanging on my wall some of the original flyers...

attachment.php?s=&postid=1546260

that's just a taste..and thats only half a wall u should see the other 3 lol. :eek:

I have the same shit all over my walls. And crates of flyers sitting in my closet for memories...