Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Instant gratification (GIMME SEX NOW!) vs. Patience (let's take our time)

georgym

Im just curious about all of your views here on the sex board about the above comparison.

In a way, i lean more towards the patient waiting for a later time, as far as sexual tendencies go. I mean, don't get me wrong, i love a lil :licker: here and :whip: there, but when it comes down to it, for me at least, sex is something to be had at the right time with the right person. It's just that ultimate connection you can have with someone, and i feel the more you preserve and wait for the right moment, the better and more fulfilling it will be when the time comes.

On the other hand, going out, hooking up and having fun is part of growing up. So im down with that, but to a point. For some people they look at me with 2 heads. they're like "but you won't know how to do it", or "you need experience, blah blah.." But why must it be "all the way or nothing?" why not savor in the temptation, enjoy the kisses, the touch?//?

I know this is somewhat different thinking for the sex board, but i just thought i'd throw my views out there and see what you sexaholics thought :cool:

Generally, as I have gotten older I have wanted the instant gratification (Gimme Sex NOW! :laugh: ) but then again it depends. I do like the patience and the yearning for it as well. I love the sensualness, the passionate kisses, the rubbing and caressing of the body.

I used to think sex had to be with the right person but if it feels right then go with it. That doesn't mean sleep with every single person you meet. Its hard though cause when you go out and hook up, that moment feels great, but then who knows if you will ever see the person again. . . so you want to explore what you can yet at the same time not do to much cause u don't know the person . . . ugh I'm confusing myself :what:

I guess what I'm trying to say is I am a little bit of both . . gimme sex now or lets wait. But damn when you are in the midst of things its just like, lets :hump: already ya know. But then the whole build up is just as good, the chills, thrills, tingles, body heat, sweatiness, the panting . . .:eek:;)

:whip2:

I just had this discussion last night w/ my lovely GF. I think that when you get to know someone & establish some sort of relationship beyond physical attraction, there will be a much better buildup capped up with a nice relase.

BUT, there are no set rules, considering my Girl & i had sex on our first date.

i say she couldnt resist me, she says it was the wine.. :laugh:

why wait???

if its time...its time...

holdin out for the sake of holdin out...

makes no sense to me...:confused:

"not yet baby...i wanna wait..."

now...i've had girls make me wait because they don't trust me to be monogomous... i can understand that...

cause ima slob:D

then again...

most of the girls i've waited for...

...weren't worth the wait...:(

Originally posted by tommyarmani

I've had Tons of girls let me fuck them on the first date & look at me with a puzzled face & say "ohh, my god, i cant belive i just did that.,..I NEVER have done that..."

I tell them either U r lying or im that dam good

:laugh::laugh:

i hear ya...

i think they all say that...

so you don't think they're a slob...:laugh:

Originally posted by bodiii

why wait???

if its time...its time...

holdin out for the sake of holdin out...

makes no sense to me...:confused:

"not yet baby...i wanna wait..."

now...i've had girls make me wait because they don't trust me to be monogomous... i can understand that...

cause ima slob:D

then again...

most of the girls i've waited for...

...weren't worth the wait...:(

Holding out for something better!

You know how many married couples go to shrinks or sex doctors to spicen up their sex lives/.? Well, i think that if you hold off the sexual activity, then, when you either get married or find the one for you, it will be like a brand new thing, and you will NEVER get tired of it.

It's like when you really want something, but for some reason, you can't get it...... well, the longer you're in suspense, and the more time you wait for it, the better it will be in the end.

I don't expect everyone to follow my view, but that's just how i feel. I still have fun, in order to know what i want in a girl. Then when im finally ready, i'll take it to the next step, and it will be THAT much better. Why waste all that on a person you're not gonna have a future with :confused:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Holding out for something better!

You know how many married couples go to shrinks or sex doctors to spicen up their sex lives/.? Well, i think that if you hold off the sexual activity, then, when you either get married or find the one for you, it will be like a brand new thing, and you will NEVER get tired of it.

It's like when you really want something, but for some reason, you can't get it...... well, the longer you're in suspense, and the more time you wait for it, the better it will be in the end.

I don't expect everyone to follow my view, but that's just how i feel. I still have fun, in order to know what i want in a girl. Then when im finally ready, i'll take it to the next step, and it will be THAT much better. Why waste all that on a person you're not gonna have a future with :confused:

i feel ya man...

and i respect that...

i just tend to think that those couple...

had they had lots of sex to begin with...

they would have known whether they were compatible or not...

and whether people admit it or not sex is an extremely large part of a longterm relationship working out or not...

and great sex doesn't get old...at least not for me...

what if you waited forever to try a certain flavor of ice cream...

and when you finally bought your cone...it was rum raisin...

and you bought a lifetime supply... you gotta eat that shit forever...

i hate that shit... rum raisin...:D

Originally posted by sweetie029

..When it's someone worth establishing a real connection w/..there's more of an effort to hold off...But when it's pure physical attraction & that's a mutual understanding....The windup is u go at it pretty quickly

:aright: very well said...

Originally posted by bodiii

i just tend to think that those couple...

had they had lots of sex to begin with...

they would have known whether they were compatible or not...

and whether people admit it or not sex is an extremely large part of a longterm relationship working out or not...

and great sex doesn't get old...at least not for me...

I have to agree with you on that.

Originally posted by tastyt

I have to agree with you on that.

but sex isn't the only determining factor.

you can have GREAT sex with someone, but you 2 might not be compatable on other levels.

Yes, sex is an amazing way to connect with someone. But good sex can also blind people and they may rely on the sex alone to keep the relationship above water, when in reality they're sinking due to other factors .

But basically what this comes down to isn't whether people want to have sex or not, but at what speed they approach the opposite sex, and whether they are looking for hook ups or relationships..

Well...i believe in the waiting too...I waited til I felt it was right. Never listenend to anyone else, never answered questions like "why are you waiting"...cause if i did, no one would understand but me anyways.

Last Year, November, i was 20 years old, lost my virginity on a cruise. Now, dont think it was just a hook-up while on vacation, i KNEW this girl was the one. I dunno how...i just did. We have been together since, 7 months last wednesday to be exact. I love her and I am so happy I waited.

Some people are different than myself and other like me. Its ok...thats the way you are and there is no Wrong Way to do it.

Tek

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Well...i believe in the waiting too...I waited til I felt it was right. Never listenend to anyone else, never answered questions like "why are you waiting"...cause if i did, no one would understand but me anyways.

Last Year, November, i was 20 years old, lost my virginity on a cruise. Now, dont think it was just a hook-up while on vacation, i KNEW this girl was the one. I dunno how...i just did. We have been together since, 7 months last wednesday to be exact. I love her and I am so happy I waited.

Some people are different than myself and other like me. Its ok...thats the way you are and there is no Wrong Way to do it.

Tek

That's just how i feel. espec. with the last statement. Im glad that most people here know where im coming from/

nice story too ;)

George, I'm starting to think that you're obsessed with sex. :laugh:

Sex can be wonderful, it can be terrible, it can be life-altering in many ways. Yes, we have self-control, but in the end we're still nothing but animals with a highly-developed brain.

It's not worth it to stay in a shitty relationship b/c someone fucks you like there's no tomorrow. It's not worth it to drive yourself up the wall because you've attached so much meaning to it that it has to be all or nothing.

After all is said and done- it's just sex.

I think if people came to realize that- virgins and nymphos alike- maybe we'd all be a lot less fixated on it.