Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Johnathan Peters

I finally got my S&M CD yesterday! I am really happy with it, haven't watched the DVD yet. I wanted to know more about him as a DJ - how long has he been at Sound Factory, how old is he, what's his deal? I know there are fans and total bashers on this board so this will be interesting.....popcorn, anyone? :laugh:

well i started seeing him @ factory in 98 back then he was playing the sickest shit you ever heard SF was like no other club he played a great mix of prog house and trance with some great vocals he is now goin way more techy. also he does 16 hr sets so its like you gotta wait a long time to hear go off instead of him just adding filler. the 98 partys were exciting because the place would pack out by 2 and wind down at 10-11 so it was great music from finish to start i rarely see him anymore but i plan on goin before end of summer ill give you a review

Jonathan has been djing since he was like 15. He had a gig at Cafe Iguana with his friends and other spots. He's 34 now .

He started his own label - Deeper out of his tiny apt in Alphabet City It was REALLY SMALL - when he used to spin at SAve the Robots. He took me to Robots one time and the acoustics were VERY intense becuz it was in the basement. I never heard anything like that before - it was very powerful.

Back then it was him, Eddie Baez and his secretary Biscuit and some kid named Josh - he promoted his Save the Robot Parties.

THen Eddie got picked to spin at SF and JP came along with him becuz they were buddies. JP got the Friday spot then took over SAturdays. I don't think Jon and Eddie speak to each other now .

He was trying to build a studio on W.36th at that time but he moved again.

ANyways - JP got SF Saturday and everything was history. He has a real professional studio 1 block down from Eugene's now.

I know all this because I was with Jonathan from 95- 98. I met him the first day he started Deeper in summer of 1995.

Peace.

Back then it was him, Eddie Baez and his secretary Biscuit and some kid named Josh - he promoted his Save the Robot Parties.

THen Eddie got picked to spin at SF and JP came along with him becuz they were buddies. JP got the Friday spot then took over SAturdays. I don't think Jon and Eddie speak to each other now .

Yea I think it would have been different if JP was the one competing with Junior at arena on Saturdays, Eddie had a good night just couldnt keep the afterhours crowd that went to arena

( Arena was the sickest club ever) god damn NYU!!!!!

Originally posted by sprfly

Yea I think it would have been different if JP was the one competing with Junior at arena on Saturdays, Eddie had a good night just couldnt keep the afterhours crowd that went to arena

( Arena was the sickest club ever) god damn NYU!!!!!

arena wasn't a club

Originally posted by sheendawg

I finally got my S&M CD yesterday! I am really happy with it, haven't watched the DVD yet. I wanted to know more about him as a DJ - how long has he been at Sound Factory, how old is he, what's his deal? I know there are fans and total bashers on this board so this will be interesting.....popcorn, anyone? :laugh:

that cd is horrible

• 8 months later...
He started his own label - Deeper out of his tiny apt in Alphabet City It was REALLY SMALL - when he used to spin at SAve the Robots.

that was a tiny appartment, went over to his house to buy some equimpent (ADAT), thats where I first met Eddie and JP thru a friend, Whats funny is I rember that chic in the corner designing a logo on a MAC computer wht turned out to be the "deeper" LOGO I never really talked to her or knew her name.

Ahhhh Memmories in the corner of my mind... lol

• 1 month later...
that was a tiny appartment, went over to his house to buy some equimpent (ADAT), thats where I first met Eddie and JP thru a friend, Whats funny is I rember that chic in the corner designing a logo on a MAC computer wht turned out to be the "deeper" LOGO I never really talked to her or knew her name.

Ahhhh Memmories in the corner of my mind... lol