Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DCNC @ Saki this Wednesday!!

Come support the DCNC at Adams Morgan's new gorgeous lounge and club -- SAKI!

Local house afficianado Tom B will be providing the tunes. So come out and have a great time and support a great cause!!!

Details:

Wednesday, July 2

Saki

2477 18th St. NW

Adam's Morgan

9pm | 21+

Why should you support?

Anti-nightlife proponants have supported measures that will:

** extend moratoriums on restaurant, bars, and taverns which take nightlife supporters out of the democratic process

** create "Alcohol Free Fidays" once a month in Adam's Morgan

** strengthen the use of "voluntary" agreements, which extort unreasonable concessions from buisness owners

** reduce the ability for buisness to offer DJs, dancing, and live entertainment

Your support is desperately needed! Please show up and support the DCNC!!!

www.dcnc.org

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I don't believe you. Take me instead :D

If you need a ride, just let me know. If you come with me tho, you have to make me stay as long as you do... still pissed I left early last Fri for no good reason and missed out on all the fun lol.

oh and in case anyone is wondering... here is more info about Wednesday:

This event will run from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Suggested donation is $10. Come by and check out the special DCNC drink specials!

werd. saki is a cool spot. adams morgan is slowly getting better clubs, and getting rid of cheesy clubs like tom tom. (although tom tom is back now- isnt it?)

i used to live on 18th street above a ghetto ass reggae bar. i was so sick of drunk frat boys i had to move out of the neighborhood. it was kinda funny tho - when i'd be coming home, and the doorman for the bar would try to either card me or charge me a cover. getting carded to go into my house...ha.

Originally posted by thebuzzcrew

werd. saki is a cool spot. adams morgan is slowly getting better clubs, and getting rid of cheesy clubs like tom tom. (although tom tom is back now- isnt it?)

i used to live on 18th street above a ghetto ass reggae bar. i was so sick of drunk frat boys i had to move out of the neighborhood. it was kinda funny tho - when i'd be coming home, and the doorman for the bar would try to either card me or charge me a cover. getting carded to go into my house...ha.

as much as we all hate the people who go to TomTom, I just want to thank you for taking the proper approach.

So many people move to Adam's Morgan and then realize, 'hey, it's loud over here!'....and then, instead of moving to a more suitable area, go to great (and undemocratic) lengths to get clubs, bars, and restaurants closed down.

Originally posted by revaluation

as much as we all hate the people who go to TomTom, I just want to thank you for taking the proper approach.

So many people move to Adam's Morgan and then realize, 'hey, it's loud over here!'....and then, instead of moving to a more suitable area, go to great (and undemocratic) lengths to get clubs, bars, and restaurants closed down.

Yeah, the manager at Felix was telling us that after they built the condos across the street, the residents of the condos started complaining about the noise. Frankly, I think those idiots should be shot. If they're going to drop hundreds of thousands of dollars on a condo and can't take the time to figure out what goes on in the area they're moving into, then fuck them. I crank the music extra loud for them around 1 AM.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah, the manager at Felix was telling us that after they built the condos across the street, the residents of the condos started complaining about the noise. Frankly, I think those idiots should be shot. If they're going to drop hundreds of thousands of dollars on a condo and can't take the time to figure out what goes on in the area they're moving into, then fuck them. I crank the music extra loud for them around 1 AM.

and that's what's happening all up and down AM, G'Town, Midtown, and Dupont. It's like...hey fucker, you moved there so you could be close to it all and now you're bitching bc it's too close.

But be careful, shady, it only takes 5 people to protest a license renewal which means they could get yer ass banned outta there pretty easily....find out when their licensing comes up, that may be all the time you have left.

Originally posted by revaluation

and that's what's happening all up and down AM, G'Town, Midtown, and Dupont. It's like...hey fucker, you moved there so you could be close to it all and now you're bitching bc it's too close.

Werd. People buy these houses when they are younger thinking "man I live right in party town" Then they get older and think "man I live right in hell, why do these kids act like this"

the same way the residents of teh area get together to protset the noise, dont the establishments do the same? i mean, think of how much business and revenues on taxes the district makes with those establishments there. by closing them down they would stand to loose lots of $$ in revenue.

Originally posted by vicman

the same way the residents of teh area get together to protset the noise, dont the establishments do the same? i mean, think of how much business and revenues on taxes the district makes with those establishments there. by closing them down they would stand to loose lots of $$ in revenue.

yes, there are industry organizations that come together, but they don't have the same pull bc they don't vote in blocs (if at all) and the ANC's and CA's are citizens groups which the DC Council must give "great weight" to.

so who is coming to Saki tonight?

I hope Pgiddy will be there *sigh*

Yeah I'll just make the quick commute from Chicago, donkey balls

what part of shut up don't you understand?:laugh: